Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#341 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I have no idea what you mean. I've seen varying resolution on my tv depending on what I'm watching. But I've seen 1080i for many things. Not sure what native is.

Press menu on your remote, go to "Settings & Help" and then choose HDTV. Under video, what is native set to? If it's set to on, the resolution changes depending on what channel you're on. If it's set to off, the resolution stays the same and can be changed by pressing the "RES" button on the front of your receiver.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#342 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just got a call from one of those random directv 800 numbers. Offered me extra innings free plus movie channels free for 3 months if i upgrade my package from extra to ultimate for three months at 6 dollars more a month. Ahhh yea please. Hope its legit

#343 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Just got a call from one of those random directv 800 numbers. Offered me extra innings free plus movie channels free for 3 months if i upgrade my package from extra to ultimate for three months at 6 dollars more a month. Ahhh yea please. Hope its legit

You are likely in a grandfathered package so if you ever want to download from Ultimate you will lose a bunch of channels you currently get in Extra. If that matters to you I'd be cautious, but if not go for it.

#344 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

How come we're not getting Pirates vs Dodgers. Just the score is showing up on the Game Mix

#345 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

DirecTV just tweeted that it was blacked out in both LA and Pittsburgh. They want other markets to call.

If the game is at Dodgers, why blacked out in Pittsburgh?

#346 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

DirecTV just tweeted that it was blacked out in both LA and Pittsburgh. They want other markets to call.

It's on now on both feeds. Im guessing hockey and basketball games were running long.

#347 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,906 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

How come we're not getting Pirates vs Dodgers. Just the score is showing up on the Game Mix

It's on both RSNs.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#348 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Ah, their tweet left that out. They made it sound like it was totally blacked out, not just on EI in those markets.

#349 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Ah, their tweet left that out. They made it sound like it was totally blacked out, not just on EI in those markets.

Whose tweet are you looking at DirecTV didnt tweet anything out. At least not the DirecTV I follow

#350 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Directvservice

#351 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

so to follow up on my question from two days ago. it was about 720p on Fox/ESPN.

from Wiki:

ESPN and all of ABC and Disney's cable networks use the 720p HD line standard because ABC executives proposed a progressive scan signal that resolves fluid and high-speed motion in sports better, particularly during slow-motion replays.

FSN HD is a 720p high definition simulcast of FSN featuring high-definition programming such as live sporting events. Usually, each regional channel has its own separate HD feed.

also DirecTV's Root Sports is in 720p.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010 and 2012 World Champions San Francisco Giants

#352 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

EI & Sportspack Sub.

I was blacked out as well in Dallas for about 30-40 minutes (Pirates at Dodgers). I checked the usual things before watching another gm, MLB Network, Roots Pitt, etc. Sometime around 9:40pm Dallas time, I re-checked the EI channels and both feeds were on.
DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

#353 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

You are likely in a grandfathered package so if you ever want to download from Ultimate you will lose a bunch of channels you currently get in Extra. If that matters to you I'd be cautious, but if not go for it.

I'm on choice extra classic. What would I lose? It hasn't shown up on my online account some maybe it didn't go through

#354 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 993 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

EI & Sportspack Sub.

I was blacked out as well in Dallas for about 30-40 minutes (Pirates at Dodgers). I checked the usual things before watching another gm, MLB Network, Roots Pitt, etc. Sometime around 9:40pm Dallas time, I re-checked the EI channels and both feeds were on.

ROOT Sports Pittsburgh had the Flyers/Penguins game which went into overtime. The game ended at about 10:30PM ET, so their coverage of the Pirates/Dodgers game would have started at around that time. I believe there was a basketball game on Prime Ticket that prevented the Dodgers feed from being available, so there was a period of time at the start of the game when nobody was televising it.

#355 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

also DirecTV's Root Sports is in 720p.

Root Sports is 720p? Then how come Root Sports Rocky Mountain or at least CO Rockies home games look and sound great but every other FSN (also 720p) look horrible? Just my thoughts. :nono2:
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#356 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,435 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Root Sports is 720p? Then how come Root Sports Rocky Mountain or at least CO Rockies home games look and sound great but every other FSN (also 720p) look horrible? Just my thoughts. :nono2:

720 in itself is fine. Other issues (bandwidth, equipment, etc.) that affect signal.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#357 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

ROOT Sports Pittsburgh had the Flyers/Penguins game which went into overtime. The game ended at about 10:30PM ET, so their coverage of the Pirates/Dodgers game would have started at around that time. I believe there was a basketball game on Prime Ticket that prevented the Dodgers feed from being available, so there was a period of time at the start of the game when nobody was televising it.

Thanks, I forgot about that Penguins gm last night and I don't follow the NBA much.
DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

#358 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Nice, the CSN Philly feed is on for the Phillies. EI has been great so far this year. The guide data has been spot on.

#359 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'm on choice extra classic. What would I lose? It hasn't shown up on my online account some maybe it didn't go through

You wouldn't lose anything going to ulitmate but if you wanted to drop it after 30 days you would go to the new Choice Xtra which would not have the same channels you have now.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#360 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Nice, the CSN Philly feed is on for the Phillies. EI has been great so far this year. The guide data has been spot on.

If MLB would get their heads out of their asses in regards to the Fox Saturday Baseball debacle then MLB EI on Directv would be perfect. They are doing the best with what they got. I love having both home and away feeds including CSN Philly and SportsNet.

spam firewall