Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm on choice extra classic. What would I lose? It hasn't shown up on my online account some maybe it didn't go through

You won't lose anything moving to Choice Ultimate, but it will cost more per month, and you won't be able to downgrade to Choice Extra Classic in the future. That's the biggest negative to the deal.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

You won't lose anything moving to Choice Ultimate, but it will cost more per month, and you won't be able to downgrade to Choice Extra Classic in the future. That's the biggest negative to the deal.

Is there a list of what's in extra classic that are not in extra? Honestly I doubt I care about them. But it looks like it doesn't matter, none of this activity has shown up on my online account and the movie channels aren't active sooo I guess they didn't put it through?

#363 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

If MLB would get their heads out of their asses in regards to the Fox Saturday Baseball debacle then MLB EI on Directv would be perfect.

Seriously that's my only complaint. I'm tired of Fox's crap on Saturday's. Four regional games and I can only watch whatever game they give me in my area? Well guess what I'm not watching. If you want ratings and viewers Fox, make the other three Saturday games available on your other networks!!!
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#364 OFFLINE   killerko

killerko

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Root Sports is 720p? Then how come Root Sports Rocky Mountain or at least CO Rockies home games look and sound great but every other FSN (also 720p) look horrible? Just my thoughts. :nono2:

You're right, Root Rocky Mtn. 720p does look pretty good until you compare to the Giants CSN Bay area which is 1080i. Marlins against the Phils on Fla. last night looked pretty good also, that is until I dialed up the Phillies feed on Comcast. To me there is a noticeable difference. FSOH going from 1080i to 720p this year has really got me upset. Reds Game against the Nationals yesterday was just pure puke. Emailed FSOH & gave them a piece of what's left of my mind. This is enough to turn me into an Indians fan. It's all about picture quality.

#365 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

So showing right now on 213 MLB Network is supposed to be "MLB Tonight," their version of "Sportscenter," if you will. Why, then, is the damn broadcast blacked out??? It's just a show that broadcasts the day's highlights in the games.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#366 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,791 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

So showing right now on 213 MLB Network is supposed to be "MLB Tonight," their version of "Sportscenter," if you will. Why, then, is the damn broadcast blacked out??? It's just a show that broadcasts the day's highlights in the games.

Because you're in Cubs land & the Cubs/Cards game is on.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#367 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

odd that the MLB network would have a game that is on wgn america and for it too be blacked out as well.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#368 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,791 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

odd that the MLB network would have a game that is on wgn america and for it too be blacked out as well.

They're using the Cards feed.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#369 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

No, at that time they weren't.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#370 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,791 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

No, at that time they weren't.

:rolleyes: You will argue anything.
Yes, it was...I checked right before posting. The guide said MLB Tonight, but due to a rain delay of one hour and 44 minutes, the game ran longer than allotted guide time.

#371 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Not here it wasn't. Obviously you were watching a replay. :P

#372 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,791 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Not here it wasn't. Obviously you were watching a replay. :P

I think you're joking right?

#373 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

:shrug:

#374 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Is there a list of what's in extra classic that are not in extra? Honestly I doubt I care about them. But it looks like it doesn't matter, none of this activity has shown up on my online account and the movie channels aren't active sooo I guess they didn't put it through?

The missing channels are listed in the first post of this thread...

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=201727

#375 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Last night I flipped through the EI channels and found the Dodgers game not being shown on the channels listed for them, but on a channel listed for the A's game. Then while I was watching the 9th inning all of a sudden the feed switched to the A's game, but the Dodgers game didn't show up on the correct channels. On a whim I checked the regional Dodgers feed and the game was showing there. I guess someone was asleep at the wheel.

#376 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Last night I flipped through the EI channels and found the Dodgers game not being shown on the channels listed for them, but on a channel listed for the A's game. Then while I was watching the 9th inning all of a sudden the feed switched to the A's game, but the Dodgers game didn't show up on the correct channels. On a whim I checked the regional Dodgers feed and the game was showing there. I guess someone was asleep at the wheel.

This doesn't excuse the mix-up, but I have always found it easier to view and setup recordings directly with the RSN channel that you want to watch rather than the MLB EI channel listing.

This is especially true for recordings. In my experience the MLB EI channels temporarily drop off the guide, which loses the request to record the game.

jdg

#377 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Last night was the first major mix up for EI this year with the guide. Let's hope it's the last one.

#378 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Why is there a blank spot in the guide on the Mets-Phillies game? The Mets feed is up, but where the Phillies feed would be, there's nothing. Maybe they thought they'd have the Phillies game and they ended up not having it? Weird.

#379 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

phillies are on CSN, whats weird is its 405, normally this is a FOX game. so I have no clue

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#380 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

The spot for the Rogers feed of the Orioles-Blue Jays game is empty, too. DirecTV once again being very inconsistent and arbitrary about when they use those feeds...makes no sense.

spam firewall