Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

I think Im going to do the 6 payments unless I get a healthy discount. I called about NBA League Pass and was only offered a $10 discount if I paid it it one payment so I passed. I dont care about mlb.tv I wouldnt sit at a computer to watch games for any length of time.
Im not sure if any of the other cable companies offer both feeds like DirecTV does so I'm happy to pay for this.

The thing about MLB.tv and why I may sub to it is during baseball season we go out of town some and it's not really a vacation when we go. Its to see family in our old hometown and it gets annoying after a few hours. At least having that I can watch games during the MANY hours we are doing nothing. Otherwise, it wouldn't interest me either.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   willis3

willis3

Godfather

• Registered
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

I got the whole package in a one time payment of 148.40. That includes tax..

#23 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

I just called retention and got $40 off if I pay in one shot. Getting my refund this week so it's painless.

#24 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

I just called retention and got $40 off if I pay in one shot. Getting my refund this week so it's painless.

This is what I received.. I'll take it..

#25 OFFLINE   delawaredave

delawaredave

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

It definitely helps to ask for discounts. I want to swith to directtv from dish but I am in the dreaded Philly area with no RSN and all Philly blackouts....If they would just get Comcast Philly they would add so many subs...

#26 OFFLINE   steinmeg

steinmeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just saw Directv is taking orders for MLB Extra innings.

215.94 x 1 payment or

35.99 x 6

I tried to get a discount, but because I'm still getting the new deals and rebates plus I got NFL free last season and 50 of NHL CI, and 50 off NBA LP,

I wasn't able to get a lower amount.

I wasn't complaining.

So I, just chose the 35.99 x6 option, and paid it with Feb bill, so 1 down 5 to go.

No hope for my Mets....I am going to save $ 216.00

#27 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,131 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

No hope for my Mets....I am going to save $ 216.00

Sorry, but as a Mets fan since '62, I'm sure this season is going to have many good surprises for a change.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#28 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

It definitely helps to ask for discounts. I want to swith to directtv from dish but I am in the dreaded Philly area with no RSN and all Philly blackouts....If they would just get Comcast Philly they would add so many subs...

You said it.. This is why I have Fios as well. I so wish this did not have to be so.. :(

#29 OFFLINE   CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

I will be new to MLB:EI this year, will I get the pre and post games with EI or will I need the sports pack? thanks.

#30 OFFLINE   Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I can't wait to deal with my situation this year. I've been renting a place in the NH mountains for a summer month the last few years, but have never bothered to suspend service. I decided to spend most most of the Florida summer up there this year.

Can't wait for the discussion about price concessions when I will be gone for the last 3 months of baseball season, and the first month of football season, all the while suspending my account for 3 months. Bet there isn't any pre-programmed response on the computer screen for that scenario.:lol:

#31 OFFLINE   Ronmort

Ronmort

Godfather

• Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

....If they would just get Comcast Philly they would add so many subs.

This is why Comcast will never agree to Directv airing their precious network. They have found a method to avoid competition, and every government agency that should step in, allows them get away with that blatantly unfair business practice.

#32 OFFLINE   Lsol

Lsol

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

You will need the sports pack

#33 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,131 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

This is why Comcast will never agree to Directv airing their precious network. They have found a method to avoid competition, and every government agency that should step in, allows them get away with that blatantly unfair business practice.

Well Verizon finally defeated Cablevision in court to get MSG in HD. Took several years, but that's the New York market. Probably worth the expense.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#34 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

I will be new to MLB:EI this year, will I get the pre and post games with EI or will I need the sports pack? thanks.

Unless things have changed in the offseason and I'm sure they didn't, you will need sports pack in order to see pre and post shows for anyone other than your local rsn(s). Two things you should now, 1 exception to this is the mix channel which will show the pre show however it's for only 1 of the two game feeds, and if the feed they put on doesn't have a pre show you won't see one. Issue 2, the start of last season they were blacking out a lot of pre and post shows early on even with sports pack. Enough people complained and come to find out Directv was interpreting the rules wrong and they stopped doing so after a couple of weeks IIRC. So, hopefully that won't happen this year again.

#35 OFFLINE   diogenes433

diogenes433

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

mlb.tv cheaper, 720p (just like all FSN broadcasts) and I can watch it on my pc or my toshiba thrive in a motel room. Plus gameday audio anywhere the video is blacked out

#36 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

mlb.tv cheaper, 720p (just like all FSN broadcasts) and I can watch it on my pc or my toshiba thrive in a motel room. Plus gameday audio anywhere the video is blacked out

Yeah, but I think the problem is a lot of us don't want to watch on a pc or in a motel room :lol:

#37 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Been doing the multi-payment options for a few years but I am seriously considering cancelling and going strictly MLB TV for about $100 less. I am hesitate because of picture quality not being able to watch on all my TVs in the house.

If you have decent internet I highly recommend it. I used it last season and loved being able to use it on my phone as well. Since DirecTV does not offer that I will be going with MLB.TV for sure. Worked great streaming it from my PS3 to my tv last year. The DVR functionality was pretty cool as well. The fact that it is a lot cheaper just adds to taking this option.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#38 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

If you have decent internet I highly recommend it. I used it last season and loved being able to use it on my phone as well. Since DirecTV does not offer that I will be going with MLB.TV for sure. Worked great streaming it from my PS3 to my tv last year. The DVR functionality was pretty cool as well. The fact that it is a lot cheaper just adds to taking this option.

How does the dvr functionality work? Can you start the game from the beginning and ff thru commercials to catch up without seeing the score pop up? I found that very hard to do on the computer two years ago, and am curious how it works through the ps3 app (although I'd be using it through my Xbox/apple tv/ Samsung BD player.)

#39 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I got the large extra check I was expecting today and went ahead and paid for next years Sunday Ticket and Extra Innings in 1 shot. My wife's happy with no higher than normal bills coming this year and so all is good. I tried to get an MLB EI deal playing the "I'm about to pay this large amount now, can I get a discount on EI" card but no dice. Paid full price.

#40 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Just called to cancel. Got the regular price of $35.99 x 6 month less $10 credit for 12 months. So, that's $215.94 less $120 for a total of $91.94. Not too bad.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...