Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#461 OFFLINE   1948GG

1948GG

Icon

• Registered
  • 885 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Same thing happened on the later A's game. Except in that case, the game was 'buried' in the 600's RSN's, simply not mapped into the 700+ range where the other ExInn games were.

I'll 'assume' they actually pay people to do all the switching 'correctly' to provide all of this. I'll bet the 'first line' folks simply took the weekend off to go down to Columbia to get in on all the legal prostitution games going on. Cheap flights from LA south.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#462 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,100 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

He said about the same. Yes, if Directv is 100%, then MLB.TV is a 95%. The point is the gap is getting very small in PQ and the differences in feeds and capabilities is too large. Not trying to flame, but simply inform. If Directv is reading this forum, then hopefully the shortcomings of feeds will be corrected. For instance, no Phillies game this Wednesday for Directv. Hopefully, the hue and cry gets them to find a way to get the feed.

I have MLB.tv. Not near 95%. There is consistent breakdown with suddenly motion and camera changes.

If you have a very small screen or are very tolerant to PQ issues, you may not notice them but to put it at close to directv quality is misleading to those who may think it is viable for them.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#463 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have MLB.tv. Not near 95%. There is consistent breakdown with suddenly motion and camera changes.

If you have a very small screen or are very tolerant to PQ issues, you may not notice them but to put it at close to directv quality is misleading to those who may think it is viable for them.

It also isn't as smooth, like there's less frames during movement. I have done some A/B comparison with YES Network games using Roku 2 XS (the top model) and DirecTV is extremely clean and smoother.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#464 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have 60" screen and average download in the 30's for speed. No freezing or glitches. I have Roku with FIOS. Picture is incredible, but conditions are perfect.

#465 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Sports Fan

• Registered
  • 830 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

White Sox at Athletics to csn chicago Plus 2
http://www.csnchicago.com/zipcode

#466 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

White Sox at Athletics to csn chicago Plus 2
http://www.csnchicago.com/zipcode

they need to add the -1 to CSN + HD
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#467 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,100 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I have 60" screen and average download in the 30's for speed. No freezing or glitches. I have Roku with FIOS. Picture is incredible, but conditions are perfect.

Your speed above a certain point is unimportant. And we are not looking at freezes or glitches. That is a very low standard to say something is the same. Picture is NOT incredible. I have MLB.tv with fios. It is nowhere near directv standard no matter how many times you claim it is.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#468 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Sports Fan

• Registered
  • 830 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Speed is only one component that affects the quality of mlb.tv. Other things including other apsects of your computer/ item used to connect to the internet and of course the screen your viewing it on will affect it too.

Your speed above a certain point is unimportant. And we are not looking at freezes or glitches. That is a very low standard to say something is the same. Picture is NOT incredible. I have MLB.tv with fios. It is nowhere near directv standard no matter how many times you claim it is.

#469 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Speed is only one component that affects the quality of mlb.tv. Other things including other apsects of your computer/ item used to connect to the internet and of course the screen your viewing it on will affect it too.

Yes, but at a point speed is the highest mlb.tv can send. A 50/5 connection isn't using nearly the 50 available - not even close.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#470 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 8,886 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Please keep on topic and do not discuss each other.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#471 OFFLINE   akw4572

akw4572

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I bought MLB TV this year, instead of EI. It's proved to be great for me. I love watching it across all of my platforms, and I've had great pictures on my both my 42" TV's. It's a no brainer for me to save the $100.
HR 22-100 Vizio 42" 1080P
HR 22-100 Vizio 26" 720P

#472 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I bought MLB TV this year, instead of EI. It's proved to be great for me. I love watching it across all of my platforms, and I've had great pictures on my both my 42" TV's. It's a no brainer for me to save the $100.

As I said before, PQ winner is Directv, but for very good HD and lots of additional benefits, then MLB.tv wins. It is all about where and when you watch baseball. I work nights and travel. MLB.tv works for me.

#473 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,119 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Please keep on topic and do not discuss each other.

Could we discuss ourselves? !rolling!rolling

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#474 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

The Giants & Mets play two Monday after a rainout Sunday. Both games are on CSNBA and one is on SNY. Let's see if D* shuts us out of the makeup game like they did with Texas & Detroit Saturday.

#475 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

The Giants & Mets play two Monday after a rainout Sunday. Both games are on CSNBA and one is on SNY. Let's see if D* shuts us out of the makeup game like they did with Texas & Detroit Saturday.

Red button schedule indicates the 2nd game will not be televised. Stay tuned.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#476 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Unforgiveable that the Rangers-Tigers game wasn't available. It was on FS Detroit and they're always supposed to have the KTXA games as well. I'm paying good money to watch the Rangers games. This is a travesty.

I emailed the VP of Customer Service Saturday about it. I was hot. I got such a run around on the phone with D* saturday night. It was well the game is blacked out. I said not only was there no game search at the bottom of the channel but I called TXA21 and MLB and both confirmed that there was no blackout of the game. Today I got a call back from someone responding to my email lol. Their answer was I should of been able to watch that game at noon Saturday on 676. I just laughed and said no it was a double header. The noon game was already scheduled for Saturday on that channel and the later game was a makeup game to air on the part time 675-1 TXA21 feed. I said either you dont have rights to air the games if they dont air on Friday night or someone just freaking missed it. Either way, I do not pay DirecTV good money to miss good matchups like that. She then mentioned something about a replay at midnight that night and I said I bet the replay was of the earlier game that aired on 676. Now that she understands what I was saying she has to get clarification on what happened and call me back. What a load of crap. One guy Saturday night even told me he had an email stating that D* no longer could air Rangers or Astros games on 676. Today the lady clarified that was meant for New Mexico only and did not apply to me. I said well it was the retention team that told me that. Love that they dont know what they are talking about.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#477 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

If you look at the channel menu 726-1 has both games (SF vs NYM) with the second game at 7:30pm.

#478 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wasn't there a popup that would show the scores of the other games? Seems to me it would come up on the right hand side of the screen. Maybe it was Sunday Ticket...

#479 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Wasn't there a popup that would show the scores of the other games? Seems to me it would come up on the right hand side of the screen. Maybe it was Sunday Ticket...

it is still there, you press the red button and all scores for whatever sport pop up.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010 and 2012 World Champions San Francisco Giants

#480 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

I emailed the VP of Customer Service Saturday about it. I was hot. I got such a run around on the phone with D* saturday night. It was well the game is blacked out. I said not only was there no game search at the bottom of the channel but I called TXA21 and MLB and both confirmed that there was no blackout of the game. Today I got a call back from someone responding to my email lol. Their answer was I should of been able to watch that game at noon Saturday on 676. I just laughed and said no it was a double header. The noon game was already scheduled for Saturday on that channel and the later game was a makeup game to air on the part time 675-1 TXA21 feed. I said either you dont have rights to air the games if they dont air on Friday night or someone just freaking missed it. Either way, I do not pay DirecTV good money to miss good matchups like that. She then mentioned something about a replay at midnight that night and I said I bet the replay was of the earlier game that aired on 676. Now that she understands what I was saying she has to get clarification on what happened and call me back. What a load of crap. One guy Saturday night even told me he had an email stating that D* no longer could air Rangers or Astros games on 676. Today the lady clarified that was meant for New Mexico only and did not apply to me. I said well it was the retention team that told me that. Love that they dont know what they are talking about.

Yesterday I did get a call back from someone in the VP of CS's office. She said that they did not have capacity to air the Rangers vs Tigers game and that is why it was not on for D* customers. I took it as semi BS and more so that someone wasnt really aware and didnt make sure room was available to air that game. I doubt an executive decision was made to skip the best pitcher in baseball against the best team in baseball right now.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

spam firewall