Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Is anybody else not getting the HD feeds of the Nationals-Padres game?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#502 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,127 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Is anybody else not getting the HD feeds of the Nationals-Padres game?

Watching both feeds fine.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#503 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I've got both HD feeds here.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#504 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

How bout the Braves SportSouth HD feed? I'm not getting that one.

#505 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Are you getting SD version or KCAL?

#506 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

How bout the Braves SportSouth HD feed? I'm not getting that one.

Been working fine here.

#507 OFFLINE   mikeren1

mikeren1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts
  • LocationJax, Fl

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

You would think as an Oriole fan they would let me have EI for next to nothing :lol:

of course i was just kidding:D

#508 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

It looks like today's game is one of four that are not broadcast on TV at all for the DBacks, all of them in the month of April. Seems odd in today's sports TV environment.

Arizona Diamondbacks TV schedule 2012

And it looks like the Phillies are on TCN?

Phillies TV

The Reds don't televise the 12:30 pm home games and you have to watch the other teams broadcast. Todays is the Giants which is fine by me. I like their announcers better anyway. There is usually one or two Reds games a year that isn't televised buy either team. Usually its when they play the Pirates or Astros.

#509 OFFLINE   oscar madison

oscar madison

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Restart your receiver. When I had something similar happen a couple of years ago, a reboot took care of the problem.

I'm having the same problem as the above poster. If by resetting you mean pushing the red button, I have done that numerous times for a particular receiver, and it doesn't fix the problem. I have other receivers where this isn't the case, just the one where I have my decent hdtv.

I recorded 6 hrs of the Brewers-Astros yesterday with the dtv logo. It happened to me last Friday night as well. When I turn to the rsn, 669-1 it has logo as well.

Receiver problem? I've had so much enjoyment and reliability from mlb.tv on the ps3 that I wish I wouldn't have ordered EI. Does anyone think they'll give me my money back?

This same problem happened periodically last year as well for this one receiver. No amount of resetting, switching to rsn, seems to help. Just can't watch on my preferred tv.

#510 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

So none of the Extra Innings HD feeds are working for me at all...what's going on? The RSN feeds are fine but the 720-1 - 749-1 feeds aren't working at all.

#511 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,127 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

So none of the Extra Innings HD feeds are working for me at all...what's going on? The RSN feeds are fine but the 720-1 - 749-1 feeds aren't working at all.

It's a long shot, but re run satellite setup. Is this on all your boxes?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#512 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

It's a long shot, but re run satellite setup. Is this on all your boxes?

I only have 1 HD receiver. So I can't tell. The SD feeds work fine.

Edit: now all the -1 HD feeds are working...it's so weird, it takes an extra hour or so but they do come on eventually. However, this shouldn't be happening.

#513 OFFLINE   dxtrfn80

dxtrfn80

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

I love tonight as I get all 3 of tonight's games without Extra Innings as I am in the Orioles and Nationals markets and the Red Sox/White Sox game is on WGN and MLB Network. (in house or NESN?)

#514 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Yesterday I did get a call back from someone in the VP of CS's office. She said that they did not have capacity to air the Rangers vs Tigers game and that is why it was not on for D* customers. I took it as semi BS and more so that someone wasnt really aware and didnt make sure room was available to air that game. I doubt an executive decision was made to skip the best pitcher in baseball against the best team in baseball right now.

I received an email with the final explanation on why the Rangers game was not aired Saturday night. See below.

I spoke with our Sports Programming group regarding the Rangers – Tigers makeup game, which was rescheduled for 4/21. It was confirmed the reason we didn’t broadcast that particular game was indeed due to capacity constraints. It’s a challenge unique to baseball, due to the sheer number of games broadcast on a daily basis coupled with the number of rescheduled games (weather or other causes). Our Sports Programming group is certainly very aware of the constantly-changing schedule, including makeup games, and works to broadcast every possible game. However, there will be instances where the current capacity doesn’t allow the ability to broadcast all available games for a number of reasons.

I would agree that the Rangers – Tigers matchup would be a more appealing game to the average baseball fan but the appeal of a game isn’t a factor when making final broadcast determinations.

In most cases (I’ll go so far as to say 99.9%), there is a logical reason why a certain game will not be broadcast. There is a unique challenge to provide up-to-the-minute information regarding sports broadcasts changes as some of these changes are made literally minutes before air time.

Our Sports Programming group certainly works all hours of the day and week, but they do not have the capacity to field inbound calls from customers. Most sports-related issues can be easily answered by our Customer Care team but there are certainly one-off situations where the complexity and timing of an issue isn’t easily disseminated to Customer Care. I’m a huge sports fan myself and I can appreciate the frustration when someone less knowledgeable in sports-related issues can’t fully explain an issue. If there is an erroneous blackout issue, it’s usually corrected within a few moments. Otherwise, it’s most likely a logical reason why a game isn’t being broadcast.

On a side note, the Astros / Rangers games are no longer available in zip codes 88400-88499 ONLY.

Sincerely,

Bobby Vernon

Manager, DIRECTV Office of the President
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#515 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

That makes no sense. The game was on an RSN. Are they saying they pulled the RSN during the game because of "capacity issues?" Are they trying to tell me that the people in the home market of that RSN was SOL because D* decided to pull the plug on the channel for 3 hours that night?

I don't get it. If the game were only on a regional OTA it would make sense, but the game was carried by a channel that D* already carries full time (it wasn't a part time sub channel).

Tell me what I am not getting here. :confused:

#516 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Was the Fox Sports Detroit feed open with EI for those not in Rangers territory but outside Tigers territory? I was in Tigers territory when I watched it so it was on FSD (but not in the guide). I see how those in Rangers territory got hosed, but not those outside it.

#517 OFFLINE   jimbo56

jimbo56

Legend

• No PM's
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thought I'd throw in my two cents about MLB.TV vs EI (I had EI last year; got MLB.TV this year when I dropped DirecTV for FiOS).

Is the picture quality on MLB.TV as good as DirecTV? No. I would rate it about 90% on my PS3 and slightly less than that on my Roku. Still highly watchable, though, with my 35/35 internet connection and a 55" Sony TV.

Features? Big edge for MLB.TV. I can easily watch archived games in HD, and a timeline shows me when scoring plays occur. If I tune into a game late, I can watch it from the beginning if I choose. I can also access game recaps, player statistics, standings, etc with a press of the remote. Plus I can access MLB.TV on my PS3, Roku, iPad, iPhone or computer.

Price? About a hundred bucks less for MLB.TV. A lot better value than EI.

To sum up: if the best possible PQ is the primary consideration, I would get EI on DirecTV. If you can live with a slightly poorer picture, MLB.TV offers a lot more features for a lot cheaper price.

I have no regrets switching to MLB.TV.

#518 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'm sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but why is the Strike Zone channel behind? I was watching it just now, they switched from a game I wanted to see to one tied in the 9th and I turned to Game Mix and see the game they switched to a few seconds ago was over.

#519 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

That makes no sense. The game was on an RSN. Are they saying they pulled the RSN during the game because of "capacity issues?" Are they trying to tell me that the people in the home market of that RSN was SOL because D* decided to pull the plug on the channel for 3 hours that night?

I don't get it. If the game were only on a regional OTA it would make sense, but the game was carried by a channel that D* already carries full time (it wasn't a part time sub channel).

Tell me what I am not getting here. :confused:

It was on a part time RSN. The game should of aired on 675-1 which on Friday nights is opened for TXA21 to air the game. The game was made up on Saturday but the feed was never opened up. I wasn't home to know the difference and don't sub to MLB EI.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#520 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

I'm sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but why is the Strike Zone channel behind? I was watching it just now, they switched from a game I wanted to see to one tied in the 9th and I turned to Game Mix and see the game they switched to a few seconds ago was over.

MLB Network just chooses to show footage that has already aired instead of live action. It's not delayed by very long. Not too big of a deal.
Go Big Red!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...