Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#521 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Thought I'd throw in my two cents about MLB.TV vs EI (I had EI last year; got MLB.TV this year when I dropped DirecTV for FiOS).

Is the picture quality on MLB.TV as good as DirecTV? No. I would rate it about 90% on my PS3 and slightly less than that on my Roku. Still highly watchable, though, with my 35/35 internet connection and a 55" Sony TV.

Features? Big edge for MLB.TV. I can easily watch archived games in HD, and a timeline shows me when scoring plays occur. If I tune into a game late, I can watch it from the beginning if I choose. I can also access game recaps, player statistics, standings, etc with a press of the remote. Plus I can access MLB.TV on my PS3, Roku, iPad, iPhone or computer.

Price? About a hundred bucks less for MLB.TV. A lot better value than EI.

To sum up: if the best possible PQ is the primary consideration, I would get EI on DirecTV. If you can live with a slightly poorer picture, MLB.TV offers a lot more features for a lot cheaper price.

I have no regrets switching to MLB.TV.

Agree with everything you wrote.

I was an EI sub for years and decided to do MLB.TV last year. I was so impressed I renewed it for this year and will never go back to EI unless they take about 50% off the price.

I too watch it through my PS3. The only downside is the fact that it is more difficult to flip between a game and another program on the TV. I have to constantly change inputs on my TV.

The best thing is that with my JB iPhone and iPad I am able to watch my local teams play even if I am not at home to watch it. I have a location spoofer APP that fools MLB into thinking I am in Mexico.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#522 OFFLINE   Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

It was on a part time RSN. The game should of aired on 675-1 which on Friday nights is opened for TXA21 to air the game. The game was made up on Saturday but the feed was never opened up. I wasn't home to know the difference and don't sub to MLB EI.

It was also on Fox Sports Detroit, a full time RSN. So it should have aired, regardless.

#523 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

No Pix 11 Mets Feed on EI Tonight :confused:
Proud DirecTV Subscriber since 1.6.2012 :)
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#524 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

No Pix 11 Mets Feed on EI Tonight :confused:

Don't be.

#525 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

The Mets game is not on til 8PM EDT tonight.It's showing in the epg

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#526 OFFLINE   AlexP

AlexP

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

The online schedule shows that the WPIX feed should be on ch 738, but my EPG is not showing that. This happened at least once last season as well when the scheduled WPIX feed was not shown.

#527 OFFLINE   NYMase

NYMase

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Nope, no WPIX broadcast on EI tonight...What kind of BS is this? There are a lot of Mets games on WPIX so I really hope they get this settled soon

Edited by NYMase, 28 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#528 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Just for anyone that is confused, EI does not show every game, nor is there a guarantee all feeds are available.

#529 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

It shouldn't be that hard to get WPIX's feed tho. They had it on Sunday when the game was rained out, and they were showing movies for over 3 hours :D
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#530 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

Just for anyone that is confused, EI does not show every game, nor is there a guarantee all feeds are available.

It's not too much to ask them to get the guide data right. The random CSN Philly and Rogers Sports feeds are a joke. Put them on every time, it makes no sense.

#531 OFFLINE   jimbo56

jimbo56

Legend

• No PM's
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

It's not too much to ask them to get the guide data right. The random CSN Philly and Rogers Sports feeds are a joke. Put them on every time, it makes no sense.

Not to belabor a point, but MLB.TV carries all home and away feeds (as long as they're being broadcast), and costs less than EI to boot. You could subscribe to MLB.TV, buy a Roku and be able to watch baseball across multiple platforms (TV, computer, iPhone, etc.) and still pay less than what DirecTV charges for EI. Plus you can easily spoof your IP address to watch any blacked-out game (I'm not a lawyer, but I believe this is legal, as well).

#532 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not to belabor a point, but MLB.TV carries all home and away feeds (as long as they're being broadcast), and costs less than EI to boot. You could subscribe to MLB.TV, buy a Roku and be able to watch baseball across multiple platforms (TV, computer, iPhone, etc.) and still pay less than what DirecTV charges for EI. Plus you can easily spoof your IP address to watch any blacked-out game (I'm not a lawyer, but I believe this is legal, as well).

Well said.. We don't talk about pirating/spoofing content here.. ;)

#533 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,355 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Argh! Avast, ye mateys! :blackeye:

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#534 OFFLINE   MrMars

MrMars

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

They really should not be advertising that they carry every game then, Having MLB EI for the last 10+ years I know it is obviously marketing BS but I can see them misleading some people who would have a right to be upset.

Right on their web site "MLB EXTRA INNINGS® is your season ticket to every MLB game."

http://www.directv.c...=-1&lpos=header

#535 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

lol, yeah and "Catch all the games that are on."
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#536 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

They really should not be advertising that they carry every game then, Having MLB EI for the last 10+ years I know it is obviously marketing BS but I can see them misleading some people who would have a right to be upset.

Right on their web site "MLB EXTRA INNINGS® is your season ticket to every MLB game."

http://www.directv.c...=-1&lpos=header

Does that mean every feed? No, it does not.

#537 OFFLINE   MrMars

MrMars

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Does that mean every feed? No, it does not.

Not every duel feed no, I never said anything about duel feeds? I was referring to the games they did not carry. But based on their web site alone I would expect to be able to watch every game, which you obviously can't. You can view about 97-98% of them which is pretty good, but if someone wanted to watch 100% of their favorite out of market team, I cannot blame them for being upset based on DirecTV's advertising.

#538 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

It was also on Fox Sports Detroit, a full time RSN. So it should have aired, regardless.

That is no help to us who are in Texas Rangers territory. While I have the sports pack, that game should have been blacked out as well. I was not home and set up a manual recording for the game on the channel it should of been on. If I had been home I would of tried the Tigers feed but do not believe that it would of been open either.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#539 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

I am currently trying to get a refund from MLB.tv. Don't believe the ads that say, "Watch all the games on your favorite device". I have all the requirements needed to watch games. I have an HTC phone with Android 2.2. They are now saying this phone will not be supported. Also the tablet I have was just able to get games.

If you want to go to MLB.tv, go to their support forums and make sure your "Favorite Device" can actually do everything they promise.

I have a Roku and have had a bad problem with rebuffering. The Panasonic Smart tv I have doesn't have any of the extras they promised, such as watching 2 or 4 games at once. They didn't tell me thayt until AFTER the date I could get a refund. My internet download speed is a consistent 8 Mps. The minimum they require is only 3 Mps, but it still rebuffers at least once an inning.

Some people have had a lot of luck, hope you do too!

#540 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Nope, no WPIX broadcast on EI tonight...What kind of BS is this? There are a lot of Mets games on WPIX so I really hope they get this settled soon

yesterday Mets game was WPIX and is was on, i have few WPIX broadcast this season year on directv, i don't what your guys are taking about

Protected By... spam firewall...And...