Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#651 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

The umpires are too arrogant, too. They rule on emotions far too often.

!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#652 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,209 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nothing to add? You helped prove my point since you're an umpire. Ironic.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#653 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Nothing to add? You helped prove my point since you're an umpire. Ironic.

How can I add anything to a joke? Jokes are meant to be funny and if not based on falsehoods, they're gross exaggerations; hence my laughing at yours and the preceding poster's posts.

Having said that, guys like Angel Hernandez, Phil Cuzzi, CB Bucknor don't belong in the game. Then again, that's what MLB gets when they hire people based on race and not ability (yes, I am well aware of the inside story through my friends in professional baseball--it's disgusting).

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#654 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Expanded replay wouldn't work n the Santana situation because the reactions of the fielders are affected by the umpire's call.

#655 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

yea but this umpire was really foolish. calls go either way, but

what also was seen, is the ball actually went over the bad, in addition to hitting the white line.

for the umpire to miss both is really foolish, and he was right on it. with nothing in his vision.

what a moron.

2 no hitters

galarraga of Detroit got robbed of a true NO NO, and johan gets one when he shouldn't

FULL replay is needed big time.

the umpires are really out of control now.

I'm betting you would fail umpire school.

#656 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,860 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Expanded replay wouldn't work n the Santana situation because the reactions of the fielders are affected by the umpire's call.

Not true at all. There are always situations where an umpire can change a call and position runners accordingly. That kind of judgement also comes in when balls are called dead for a variety of reasons.

If the ball hit the line and the batter was running with no one on base, they would probably just award the better second base.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#657 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

wgn sd shouldn't be in IE package in first place, but if they wgn sd they need to put all the baseball channels there like tbs,wgn,espn. but wgn sd shouldn't even be there

well WGN is more RSN like then tbs or espn is.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#658 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Why is the Angels feed of today's Rangers-Angels game blacked out?

Not that I care because I would rather watch the Rangers feed, but it doesn't seem to make sense. Somebody asleep at the switch at DirecTV?

#659 OFFLINE   RA in CA

RA in CA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Why is the Angels feed of today's Rangers-Angels game blacked out?

Not that I care because I would rather watch the Rangers feed, but it doesn't seem to make sense. Somebody asleep at the switch at DirecTV?

agreed- why is FSW blacked out? I'm in the San Diego market, but that shouldn't matter.

#660 OFFLINE   MurrayW

MurrayW

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

yea but this umpire was really foolish. calls go either way, but

what also was seen, is the ball actually went over the bad, in addition to hitting the white line.

for the umpire to miss both is really foolish, and he was right on it. with nothing in his vision.

what a moron.

2 no hitters

galarraga of Detroit got robbed of a true NO NO, and johan gets one when he shouldn't

FULL replay is needed big time.

the umpires are really out of control now.

The ball did hit the chalk line, but going over the bag in the air has nothing to do with it being fair or foul. If it is in the air, it has to HIT in fair territory for it to be a fair ball. It can be 10 feet fair passing by 3rd base but if it hooks foul after that and the first place it hits the ground is in foul territory then it is a foul ball. Now a ground ball that bounces before 1st or 3rd is a different story.

#661 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

The ball did hit the chalk line, but going over the bag in the air has nothing to do with it being fair or foul. If it is in the air, it has to HIT in fair territory for it to be a fair ball. It can be 10 feet fair passing by 3rd base but if it hooks foul after that and the first place it hits the ground is in foul territory then it is a foul ball. Now a ground ball that bounces before 1st or 3rd is a different story.

Therein is the key. A bouncing ball that goes over the bag and lands foul is fair, but a ball in flight that goes over the bag and does not then touch fair territory is, in fact, foul.

#662 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Anyone who thinks the ump was incompetent on his call on that play needs their head examined.

#663 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,382 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I wouldn't call Adrian Johnson incompetent; rather, he simply erred. As humans, umpires will occasionally make mistakes. He did; now it's history.

#664 OFFLINE   Redbullsnation

Redbullsnation

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

need instant replay, those umpires need their walkdogs quick!!

#665 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

No Extra Innings feed for the Athletics-Rockies game today. It's the free game on MLB.tv for those that want to watch it.

#666 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

No Extra Innings feed for the Athletics-Rockies game today. It's the free game on MLB.tv for those that want to watch it.

I did catch it on MLB TV.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#667 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

So we have the Phillies feed of the Phillies-Blue Jays game, but no SportsNet feed for the Blue Jays...why? It's not on SportsNet 1, it's just on the regular SportsNet.

Once again, a completely random and arbitrary usage of these feeds. DirecTV really needs to figure this stuff out.

#668 OFFLINE   Snickering Hound

Snickering Hound

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

For whatever reason, Red Sox and Cubs just blacked out.

#669 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,209 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

For whatever reason, Red Sox and Cubs just blacked out.

:confused: Because it ended hours ago?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#670 OFFLINE   mark h

mark h

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Just saw this today for MLB.TV Premium $49.99 for the rest of the year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...erId=G742DZ1483

#671 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

So we have the Phillies feed of the Phillies-Blue Jays game, but no SportsNet feed for the Blue Jays...why? It's not on SportsNet 1, it's just on the regular SportsNet.

Once again, a completely random and arbitrary usage of these feeds. DirecTV really needs to figure this stuff out.

Not every game or feed is included. Get over those expectations and it's a great package.

#672 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just saw this today for MLB.TV Premium $49.99 for the rest of the year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...erId=G742DZ1483

Took advantage of this offer, sent myself a Fathers Day "gift"! Thanks for the heads up! :D

#673 OFFLINE   skaman74

skaman74

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

damn i missed that offer. does mlb tv go down in price half way through the season?

#674 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

damn i missed that offer. does mlb tv go down in price half way through the season?

It gets cheaper I recall, but I don't think it gets to even half price, somewhere a bit north of that.

I've never seen this latest deal before, it was a great bargain, middle of June and they knocked off $70? Wow! Maybe the half season price will be more attractive this year.

#675 OFFLINE   ponchsox

ponchsox

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Anyone getting 1/2 off or deals on MLB Extra Innings?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...