Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#541 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I am currently trying to get a refund from MLB.tv. Don't believe the ads that say, "Watch all the games on your favorite device". I have all the requirements needed to watch games. I have an HTC phone with Android 2.2. They are now saying this phone will not be supported. Also the tablet I have was just able to get games.

If you want to go to MLB.tv, go to their support forums and make sure your "Favorite Device" can actually do everything they promise.

I have a Roku and have had a bad problem with rebuffering. The Panasonic Smart tv I have doesn't have any of the extras they promised, such as watching 2 or 4 games at once. They didn't tell me thayt until AFTER the date I could get a refund. My internet download speed is a consistent 8 Mps. The minimum they require is only 3 Mps, but it still rebuffers at least once an inning.

Some people have had a lot of luck, hope you do too!

Forgive me but it sounds like you have some non-traditional devices. I have a PS3, dell laptop and an iPhone 4 that all work fine with it with no problems on 10MB internet. What kind of phone do you have? Is your Roku an older one or one that supports HD?
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#542 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

yesterday Mets game was WPIX and is was on, i have few WPIX broadcast this season year on directv, i don't what your guys are taking about

They are saying that the WPIX feed was not available on MLB Extra Innings.
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#543 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I am currently trying to get a refund from MLB.tv. Don't believe the ads that say, "Watch all the games on your favorite device". I have all the requirements needed to watch games. I have an HTC phone with Android 2.2. They are now saying this phone will not be supported. Also the tablet I have was just able to get games.

If you want to go to MLB.tv, go to their support forums and make sure your "Favorite Device" can actually do everything they promise.

I have a Roku and have had a bad problem with rebuffering. The Panasonic Smart tv I have doesn't have any of the extras they promised, such as watching 2 or 4 games at once. They didn't tell me thayt until AFTER the date I could get a refund. My internet download speed is a consistent 8 Mps. The minimum they require is only 3 Mps, but it still rebuffers at least once an inning.

One thing you said is one of the biggest issues I see with MLBTV. This is my first year with it and i am satisfied, but that is because i have a PS3. However, the implementations and features are not the same across various devices making it very confusing. For example, the PS3 implementation allows for a synced radio feed rather than the tv audio, the Roku does not. You'd never know that from the MLB website. This just leads to angry customers with failed expectations.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#544 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

I have an HTC Desire Android 2.2 phone, a 2011 Panasonic Smart tv, and an original Roku. I do not have any problems at all watching Netflix or anything else on the Roku or the Panasonic tv. I don't watch it that much on the Roku, but yesterday the tv was rebuffering at least once every inning, sometimes more. And on more than one occasion, on my laptop, I have watched live games, then the next day, I have to go through hoops to get the games again. From reinstalling NexDef, to rebooting the laptop, etc. It is a whole lot of trouble. And not very reliable.

You also have to exit a game, go through the schedule, then wait for the tv or whatever to buffer the game. Then do it all over again to return to the game I want to watch.

I'm hoping to get a refund and go to MLB Extra Innings. More expensive, but since I can't watch the games away from home on my phone anyways, it'sa better option for me.

#545 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

They are saying that the WPIX feed was not available on MLB Extra Innings.

i was saying the WPIX feed was on yesterday on MLB Extra Innings

#546 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

I looked into a Samsung Galaxy phone to watch the games on, but since my provider is not Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon, it was not supported. The same exact phone, but a different provider.

Nothing they promise on their ads, which pop up on the screen while watching games, is available to me. I get very aggravated when I keep seeing these ads pop up on the screen while watching. Why would they pop up on my screen when I'm obviously already watching the game? Very misleading!

#547 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

i was saying the WPIX feed was on yesterday on MLB Extra Innings

You said you didnt know what they were talking about so I clarified.
Sony KDL-46HX800

#548 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I have an HTC Desire Android 2.2 phone, a 2011 Panasonic Smart tv, and an original Roku. I do not have any problems at all watching Netflix or anything else on the Roku or the Panasonic tv. I don't watch it that much on the Roku, but yesterday the tv was rebuffering at least once every inning, sometimes more. And on more than one occasion, on my laptop, I have watched live games, then the next day, I have to go through hoops to get the games again. From reinstalling NexDef, to rebooting the laptop, etc. It is a whole lot of trouble. And not very reliable.

You also have to exit a game, go through the schedule, then wait for the tv or whatever to buffer the game. Then do it all over again to return to the game I want to watch.

I'm hoping to get a refund and go to MLB Extra Innings. More expensive, but since I can't watch the games away from home on my phone anyways, it'sa better option for me.

I cant help but wonder if its trying to push the games through in HD even though the old Roku probably does not support it as good as the newer ones do. If you really want a refund from MLB.tv call MLB at 212-485-3444 and talk to them.
Sony KDL-46HX800

#549 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I cant help but wonder if its trying to push the games through in HD even though the old Roku probably does not support it as good as the newer ones do. If you really want a refund from MLB.tv call MLB at 212-485-3444 and talk to them.

Thanks. I'm waiting for the "Refund Request" to be processed. It's been 5 days since it was started and they said it would take up to 10 days. I'll try that number if it doesn't go through.

I get a real good picture on both MLB.tv and Netflix on my Roku. The MLB seems to take longer to load and rebuffers a lot. It might do that one time on Netflix during a 2 hour movie.

#550 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks. I'm waiting for the "Refund Request" to be processed. It's been 5 days since it was started and they said it would take up to 10 days. I'll try that number if it doesn't go through.

I get a real good picture on both MLB.tv and Netflix on my Roku. The MLB seems to take longer to load and rebuffers a lot. It might do that one time on Netflix during a 2 hour movie.

I cancelled MLB.TV at the beginning of last season when I had an issue and called the number I gave you. I was instantly refunded. I signed back up later on and have not left since but if you want results call that number.
Sony KDL-46HX800

#551 OFFLINE   jimbo56

jimbo56

Legend

• No PM's
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Sorry you've had problems with MLB.TV. I've had absolutely no rebuffing issues on my PS3; the Roku isn't quite as good. No rebuffing, but sometimes the picture goes to what looks like wide-screen SD for a second or two before switching back to HD. Even in HD the PQ on the Roku isn't as good as on the PS3.

The PS3 was actually a really good investment for me; not only does it play games, but it doubles as a great blu-ray player and it's a gateway to Hulu plus the NHL, MLB and (this fall) NFL Sunday Ticket.

Good luck in getting your refund from MLB.TV.

#552 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Sorry you've had problems with MLB.TV. I've had absolutely no rebuffing issues on my PS3; the Roku isn't quite as good. No rebuffing, but sometimes the picture goes to what looks like wide-screen SD for a second or two before switching back to HD. Even in HD the PQ on the Roku isn't as good as on the PS3.

The PS3 was actually a really good investment for me; not only does it play games, but it doubles as a great blu-ray player and it's a gateway to Hulu plus the NHL, MLB and (this fall) NFL Sunday Ticket.

Good luck in getting your refund from MLB.TV.

Calling the number I provided should make it an easy process. I had mine instantly.
Sony KDL-46HX800

#553 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Oh no MLB I'm watching the normally blacked out Tigers Weekly because the Tigers game is in rain delay. Might want to black this out MLB, I'm ripping you off by watching this. You'd clearly be better off blacking me out so I'd switch to the NHL playoffs or shutting off my TV.

#554 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

i got a question on mlb.tv do get pre & post games? i am just wondering, the last few day i been watching the free game of the day

#555 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

No, not usually. Sometimes they'll screw up and let you watch just enough to piss you off! As soon as it gets interesting, it's gone!

#556 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have to tell u i'm really pleasantly surprised at the quality of mlbtv.com premium and watching the games on my HD Roku player and also can watch them on my apps on my Panny Viera HDTV it has mlbtv.com on it too. I'm so glad i went the mlbtv premium route and saved all the money b/c the picture quality with my high speed internet connection looks just like MLB extra innings. The games are HD quality. 114.99 mlbtv vs directv at 223.96. Over 100 bucks savings. Happy camper here!

#557 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

i just found big problem with MLB.TV, tonight i when to see what the free game is and it SF@LAD but MLB.TV has no tv coverage tonight (radio feed only) that game tonight vs directv that has that game on tonight

#558 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

MLB.TV has free games?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#559 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

MLB.TV has free games?

Yes.

#560 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

mlb.tv has 1 free game every day. however that was the frist radio only game for broadcast they did.

I have MLB EI so i was able to watch the game. but i do check the quality of mlb.tv with the free game.

so far, I'm happy with mlb EI.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...