Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#561 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

MLB.TV has free games?

like me i one game my computer and others games on my tv, but i was just shock mlb.tv don't had no tv coverage of the SF@LAD game

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#562 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

like me i one game my computer and others games on my tv, but i was just shock mlb.tv don't had no tv coverage of the SF@LAD game

I have mlb.tv, too, and the video was available because I checked it. Maybe it was radio only for free.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#563 OFFLINE   palmgrower

palmgrower

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

How do you record a game on mlb.tv? I am a happy MLB Extra Innings subscriber

2- HR24-500 with AM21n OTA's & RC65RBX Backlit Remotes
1- HR34-700 with AM21n OTA & RC65RBX Backlit Remote
2- Samsung PN59D8000 Plasmas
Winegard YA 1713 Prostar 1000
Televes DAT 75 Deep Fringe UHF
DIRECTV AU9-SL3LNB-SWM16

#564 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

How do you record a game on mlb.tv? I am a happy MLB Extra Innings subscriber

You dont have to record it. Its like a DVR, when you go to the game it will ask you if you want to start live, beginning of the game or I think there is another option. I also think they keep the games stored for a certain amount of time. Not sure on that one though. Hope this helps.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#565 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,436 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

You dont have to record it. Its like a DVR, when you go to the game it will ask you if you want to start live, beginning of the game or I think there is another option. I also think they keep the games stored for a certain amount of time. Not sure on that one though. Hope this helps.

Yes. I think on the internet they keep the whole season. Not so sure how long on devices like xbox, roku, mobile devices.

You are blacked out of local games but they are available one hour after the last pitch for replay.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#566 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

When the term "free game" is used here, what does that mean? How do you know what game is free? I have MLBEI already, but I'll be away from this weekend and if the "free game" happens top be the Dodgers on Sat/Sun then I'll watch it via MLB.tv on my brother's Roku.

#567 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

When the term "free game" is used here, what does that mean? How do you know what game is free? I have MLBEI already, but I'll be away from this weekend and if the "free game" happens top be the Dodgers on Sat/Sun then I'll watch it via MLB.tv on my brother's Roku.

MLB.com list the free game each day starting at 11 am. Just look to the left where it has the days schedule. The game that is free has a box around it saying free game of the day or something like that.

#568 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

MLB.com list the free game each day starting at 11 am. Just look to the left where it has the days schedule. The game that is free has a box around it saying free game of the day or something like that.

Okay, got it, thanks. It actually says "MLB.TV FREE GAME" in the box itself, today's game is Houston at Pittsburgh.

#569 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

alot of afternoon games, travel days and god why in the world are we having 1pm games on a tuesday in the heart of the begining of the work week.

Ok seriously, can someone explain why MLB thought of having a pair of 2 game sets this week then starting 1 weekend of interleague, and the rest on june.

today astros phillies 1pm, they will try and get the game in, its been raining all morning and rush hour showers expected.

so come 4 or 5pm ish we are going to have showers, heavy in spots going home traffic and going home baseball traffic = hell on the roads.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#570 OFFLINE   JoeS

JoeS

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

More afternoon weekday games = more gooder. I wish there would be at least one daily.

I know for the local traffic, TV ratings, and attendance it sucks - but as an avid baseball fan, having games on more often is better than juggling watching 10+ night games.

I work retail so I have odd days off. Its nice to have a professional sporting event on in the afternoons when I'm off.

#571 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

More afternoon weekday games = more gooder. I wish there would be at least one daily.

I know for the local traffic, TV ratings, and attendance it sucks - but as an avid baseball fan, having games on more often is better than juggling watching 10+ night games.

I work retail so I have odd days off. Its nice to have a professional sporting event on in the afternoons when I'm off.

well having the new xfinity live complex up is a help. I haven't been to an afternoon game since it opened. But I am next month. I rather spend the 90 min that would be traffic time at a place and go home after the rush hour.

every afternoon between 4-7 the traffic is extremely bad, adding baseball traffic, work traffic, and now beach traffic, along with Rain is just bad.

#572 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,436 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

well having the new xfinity live complex up is a help. I haven't been to an afternoon game since it opened. But I am next month. I rather spend the 90 min that would be traffic time at a place and go home after the rush hour.

every afternoon between 4-7 the traffic is extremely bad, adding baseball traffic, work traffic, and now beach traffic, along with Rain is just bad.

Well, that happens with bad urban planning. Philly has dumped too much stuff into the I-95 corridor and the area around the sports complex especially with bad access and egress from the stadia themselves. A complete mess.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#573 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well, that happens with bad urban planning. Philly has dumped too much stuff into the I-95 corridor and the area around the sports complex especially with bad access and egress from the stadia themselves. A complete mess.

I wouldnt say that a complete mess,

they do have all stadiums in 1 section only city to do that. you have 2 interstates, in a tristate area.

Also close to airport, center city, train station, and you have a subway.

also tons of parking so it is done well, but your right their will always be the heavy traffic, it sucks and it sucks that i95 that bridge to cross the water is right there.

I always go with the subway it is the best way to travel. I park my car at a train station away from the stadium area.

#574 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

today was just funny

boston having a 4pm start on a tuesday not a night game and not really an afteroon game a twiglight game.

anahiem also having a 4pm PT start time imgaine this your on the i5 in LA / anahiem area your not going anywhere for 3 hrs

im watching the game now, alot of empty seats.

#575 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

I just hate watching baseball on a nice spring afternoon.

#576 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

today was just funny

boston having a 4pm start on a tuesday not a night game and not really an afteroon game a twiglight game.

anahiem also having a 4pm PT start time imgaine this your on the i5 in LA / anahiem area your not going anywhere for 3 hrs

im watching the game now, alot of empty seats.

Just an FYI. We do not refer to freeways as ix; we just call them THE x, such as THE 5.. ;):D

#577 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Would you rather watch it on a cold, snowy day?

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#578 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Me too...we should call and demand refunds! ;)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#579 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,436 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I wouldnt say that a complete mess,

they do have all stadiums in 1 section only city to do that. you have 2 interstates, in a tristate area.

Also close to airport, center city, train station, and you have a subway.

also tons of parking so it is done well, but your right their will always be the heavy traffic, it sucks and it sucks that i95 that bridge to cross the water is right there.

I always go with the subway it is the best way to travel. I park my car at a train station away from the stadium area.

The plenty of parking is so there is room for all the cars to sit while waiting to get out.

I'd hardly say it is two interstates there. 76 barely counts and getting on either is a mess as there is not a direct route out of the lots to the highways, particularly 95.

It is the worst executed area I've been in except for FedEx field.

#580 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,460 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

It's best for spring afternoon baseball, when it is raining.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

spam firewall