Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#641 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

for those of you looking for the Cubs vs. the Giants tonight. the feed on MLB Extra Innings is only in SD. well because of the freeview for premium channels this week you can catch the HD game on WGN on channel 307.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010 and 2012 World Champions San Francisco Giants

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#642 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Agreed. There is nothing remotely similar to 2 professional sports television packages targeting the hardcore and/or out-of-market sports fan that are both broadcast on Directv.

It's like comparing bean burritos to moon dust.

How stupid is this. The point of it all is that we pay for the out of market games and dont like being restricted. Whats hard to understand about that. Why is this the only major sport that has these restrictions? I understand. I have 3 different local FOX channels and there are times I dont get the Saturday FOX game I want. It reminds me of something like frequent flyer miles and they are good except for certain dates and certain places. Over time that has improved as well. There is no doubt that there is room for improvement here. Like it will hurt FOX that bad if the out of market games are available in the sports packages. People that pay the good money for those games should get them period.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#643 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

The NY METS pitched their FIRST ever NO HITTER in franchise history.I hope you all got to see it tonight on EI ! Congrats Johan Santana

I'm sorry, he got away with one. Beltran' ball did hit the line.

you could see chalk pop up, and theres a mark on the wite line on the right edge of the baseball.

the umpire ruled it foul. it was disputed, but to no change.

full replay is needed.

I'm happy for johan, but he did get away with one.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#644 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

I just finnished watching the last four innings on MLB.TV. What a game! Calls go either way during games. it is part of the joy of baseball.

Also, what a classy move by MLB.TV to leave the broadcast on for interviews and such!!!

#645 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Agreed,replay is needed.Johan & the Mets got real lucky !

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#646 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

for those of you looking for the Cubs vs. the Giants tonight. the feed on MLB Extra Innings is only in SD. well because of the freeview for premium channels this week you can catch the HD game on WGN on channel 307.

why can't they map WGN HD to MLB EI?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#647 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

why can't they map WGN HD to MLB EI?

wgn sd shouldn't be in IE package in first place, but if they wgn sd they need to put all the baseball channels there like tbs,wgn,espn. but wgn sd shouldn't even be there

#648 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

I just finnished watching the last four innings on MLB.TV. What a game! Calls go either way during games. it is part of the joy of baseball.

Also, what a classy move by MLB.TV to leave the broadcast on for interviews and such!!!

yea but this umpire was really foolish. calls go either way, but

what also was seen, is the ball actually went over the bad, in addition to hitting the white line.

for the umpire to miss both is really foolish, and he was right on it. with nothing in his vision.

what a moron.

2 no hitters

galarraga of Detroit got robbed of a true NO NO, and johan gets one when he shouldn't

FULL replay is needed big time.

the umpires are really out of control now.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#649 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,330 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling!rolling

:rolleyes:

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#650 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

The umpires are too arrogant, too. They rule on emotions far too often.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#651 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

The umpires are too arrogant, too. They rule on emotions far too often.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#652 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nothing to add? You helped prove my point since you're an umpire. Ironic.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#653 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,330 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Nothing to add? You helped prove my point since you're an umpire. Ironic.

How can I add anything to a joke? Jokes are meant to be funny and if not based on falsehoods, they're gross exaggerations; hence my laughing at yours and the preceding poster's posts.

Having said that, guys like Angel Hernandez, Phil Cuzzi, CB Bucknor don't belong in the game. Then again, that's what MLB gets when they hire people based on race and not ability (yes, I am well aware of the inside story through my friends in professional baseball--it's disgusting).

#654 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Expanded replay wouldn't work n the Santana situation because the reactions of the fielders are affected by the umpire's call.

#655 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

what also was seen, is the ball actually went over the bad, in addition to hitting the white line.

for the umpire to miss both is really foolish, and he was right on it. with nothing in his vision.

what a moron.

2 no hitters

galarraga of Detroit got robbed of a true NO NO, and johan gets one when he shouldn't

I'm betting you would fail umpire school.

#656 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,621 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Expanded replay wouldn't work n the Santana situation because the reactions of the fielders are affected by the umpire's call.

Not true at all. There are always situations where an umpire can change a call and position runners accordingly. That kind of judgement also comes in when balls are called dead for a variety of reasons.

If the ball hit the line and the batter was running with no one on base, they would probably just award the better second base.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#657 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

wgn sd shouldn't be in IE package in first place, but if they wgn sd they need to put all the baseball channels there like tbs,wgn,espn. but wgn sd shouldn't even be there

well WGN is more RSN like then tbs or espn is.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#658 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Why is the Angels feed of today's Rangers-Angels game blacked out?

Not that I care because I would rather watch the Rangers feed, but it doesn't seem to make sense. Somebody asleep at the switch at DirecTV?

#659 OFFLINE   RA in CA

RA in CA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Why is the Angels feed of today's Rangers-Angels game blacked out?

Not that I care because I would rather watch the Rangers feed, but it doesn't seem to make sense. Somebody asleep at the switch at DirecTV?

agreed- why is FSW blacked out? I'm in the San Diego market, but that shouldn't matter.

#660 OFFLINE   MurrayW

MurrayW

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

what a moron.

2 no hitters

The ball did hit the chalk line, but going over the bag in the air has nothing to do with it being fair or foul. If it is in the air, it has to HIT in fair territory for it to be a fair ball. It can be 10 feet fair passing by 3rd base but if it hooks foul after that and the first place it hits the ground is in foul territory then it is a foul ball. Now a ground ball that bounces before 1st or 3rd is a different story.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...