Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#761 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Here is a final day salute to MLB EI for 2012.

Is it perfect? No.
Could it be improved? A little.

But for pure value, there is nothing like it.

180 days of baseball, over 2100 games for $210.

And this year, every game was in HD for the first time.

A great package!

Thanks to D* and MLB!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#762 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Is it perfect? No.

A great package!

Thanks to D* and MLB!

I agree.I love the MLB EI. package.Hopefully it will even get better.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#763 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

No Saturday blackouts next year as well.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#764 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Oh? Why's that? I interpreted the aforementioned MLB News Release to mean the blackouts don't exist beginning in 2014.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#765 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

And for those of you watching the Phillies@Washington on this last day of the MLB regular season,big news,TEDDY finally WON !!! <lol>

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#766 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

No Saturday blackouts next year as well.

will the games BE IN HD on EI??
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#767 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Is it perfect? No.

A great package!

Thanks to D* and MLB!

Totally agree. I love it. I love flipping around to all the different games and getting a taste of each one. Also never thought I could watch nearly every Reds game. This was impossible back in the 70's when I became a baseball fan.

#768 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Is it perfect? No.

A great package!

Thanks to D* and MLB!

Completely agree. This is a package that has improved every year, and the addition of the Fox Regional games to Extra Innings will make it almost perfect.

NHL take note...THIS is how a package should be run! The Center Ice package (when there is actually hockey) still shows way too many games in SD.

Sandra

#769 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Completely agree. This is a package that has improved every year, and the addition of the Fox Regional games to Extra Innings will make it almost perfect.

NHL take note...THIS is how a package should be run! The Center Ice package (when there is actually hockey) still shows way too many games in SD.

Sandra

Actually all the games with the exception of the Canadian feeds are HD already.

#770 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Since Fox Saturday games are coming the only thing missing in EI on Directv is the local OTA feeds like KCAL, KNTV and WCIU, as well as always having the Rogers feed for Toronto.

It really is a great package. I don't really need it anymore next year since I live in my teams territory but I'll still consider it.

#771 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Since Fox Saturday games are coming the only thing missing in EI on Directv is the local OTA feeds like KCAL, KNTV and WCIU, as well as always having the Rogers feed for Toronto.

It really is a great package. I don't really need it anymore next year since I live in my teams territory but I'll still consider it.

You're not really missing a lot of games on KNTV, maybe 8 or 10 per season, but KCAL definitely takes a big chunk out of MLBEI with about 50 games, nearly a third of the schedule. Being a Dodger fan that is highly annoying to me. I have no idea how many games WCIU broadcasts.

Regarding KCAL, when the new TV contract for the Dodgers is finalized next year I suspect that KCAL with have considerably less games.

#772 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Actually all the games with the exception of the Canadian feeds are HD already.

True, but with so many Canadian teams, that's a lot of games we're talking about. I for one like to watch broadcasts on Canadian RSN's, but I'll usually choose inferior production on US broadcasts to severely inferior SD picture quality on Canadian broadcasts.

Sportsnet Ontario Maple Leaf games often show up in HD, but the rest of the Sportsnets do not.

Sandra

#773 OFFLINE   tj218

tj218

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I am only on the Family Pack, but I have subscribed to EI since 2004. I think this year is my last.

1. Price
2. MLB.tv the quality is not DTV level, but it's damn near close from all the previews I did on my Roku. I can also use that same subscription across multiple devices.
3. I am annoyed that DTV offers the Sunday Ticket package for free for new customers or customers who call and complain but won't offer anything near that for MLB:EI subscribers.
4. (minor) I have lost access to the MLB Network this month (even though the baseball season went into Oct. and so did my subscription).

For the price, I can save $100+ going to MLB.tv. I sacrifice some picture quality, but in the end I think it will be ok. Though if my team (the Indians) were capable of sustaining my interest into the Fall it might be a different story.

#774 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Be thankful you're not a Cubs fan. ;)

BTW, you mentioned you can use your MLB.TV subscription across multiple devices. Would it be possible, for example, for me to use it on my Roku at home (which I've done), but also have my father use it on his Roku, even though he's in a different part of the country?

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#775 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Be thankful you're not a Cubs fan. ;)

BTW, you mentioned you can use your MLB.TV subscription across multiple devices. Would it be possible, for example, for me to use it on my Roku at home (which I've done), but also have my father use it on his Roku, even though he's in a different part of the country?

I believe that is possible but you can't stream two games at the same time.
Go Big Red!!!

#776 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,792 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

I believe that is possible but you can't stream two games at the same time.

I'm pretty sure you can...about 99% sure.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#777 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

That would make sense. For example, what if one was streaming a game on their Roku or PC, but then they also wanted to do so on their smart phone while running around the house or worshipping the porcelain god? :D

#778 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Given the below headline, did I read somewhere that DIRECTV will charge an extra fee for the new Lakers channel? Point being they'll probably do the same with the Dodger channel?

Dodgers leaning toward TV deal with Time Warner Cable

#779 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Given the below headline, did I read somewhere that DIRECTV will charge an extra fee for the new Lakers channel? Point being they'll probably do the same with the Dodger channel?

Dodgers leaning toward TV deal with Time Warner Cable

Dodgers likes will use the same channel with a part time over flow feed being added.

Also FOX may drop prime ticket down to a part time overflow feed.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#780 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Dodgers likes will use the same channel with a part time over flow feed being added.

Also FOX may drop prime ticket down to a part time overflow feed.

So they'll both air on the same channel then, I wonder who gets priority for staying on the main channel when there's a conflict, I can't imagine either club playing second fiddle.

Does the TWC channel broadcast in 720p or 1080i? Prime Ticket is 720p.

spam firewall