Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just got off the phone with directv trying to get EI the first person said 215.94 but I called back to retention dept. we talked for 15 minutes she offered me 10 off per month for 6 months and I almost said yes but she told me to hold on and came backand said since you have a credit of over 500 dollars that she could do 10 off for a year so I got EI for $95.94 I love directv

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   joshadam84

joshadam84

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

No offense but I truly cannot believe you got it for free. Congrats though. I hope you got the CSR name and documented the time of the call.

Yeah, like I said.. I wasn't quite certain he knew what he was looking. I just called back rather than waiting on the statement and was told that there is nothing showing that I'm going to receive MLB EI for free this year (not surprised). So I went ahead and canceled it as I was originally intending. No attempts or offers were made to prevent me from canceling it by the CSR.

Figured it was too good to be true!

#63 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, like I said.. I wasn't quite certain he knew what he was looking. I just called back rather than waiting on the statement and was told that there is nothing showing that I'm going to receive MLB EI for free this year (not surprised). So I went ahead and canceled it as I was originally intending. No attempts or offers were made to prevent me from canceling it by the CSR.

Figured it was too good to be true!

He was probably looking at the line that says MLB Extra Innings - $0.00 which is what billing does before the season. Not sure why it happens that way, but you see it for a couple of months before the season starts. Happens with all sports packages..

#64 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

He was probably looking at the line that says MLB Extra Innings - $0.00 which is what billing does before the season. Not sure why it happens that way, but you see it for a couple of months before the season starts. Happens with all sports packages..

they do that to give the person a chance to cancel. they do it for 2 months and then they start charging. this happens with all sports not just EI

#65 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

The big problem with MLB.tv on Roku is changing between games. It takes Forever!! You have to exit out of the game that you're watching, click on the other one, wait for it to load, and repeat 14 more times just to keep up with everything! I'm new to DirecTV, so I paid the $215, but i took it out of my tax refund, so screw it! I have a slingbox so I can still watch at work, and I have the HR34 so I can record 4 other games while I'm watching a Live one. After 3 years of MLB.tv, I'll be glad to watch the games on normal TV again! I will miss the archives tho:disk:

#66 OFFLINE   Stewpidity

Stewpidity

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

mlb.tv cheaper, 720p (just like all FSN broadcasts) and I can watch it on my pc or my toshiba thrive in a motel room. Plus gameday audio anywhere the video is blacked out

I was surprised(and happy) to see this..New for 2012: At Bat 12 is now included with purchase of an MLB.TV Premium Subscription (a $14.99 value) -

#67 OFFLINE   deanconst96

deanconst96

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'm tired of all you guys always trying to get something for nothing. I have had MLB EI for 16 years with no special deals. All those "cheaper" deals you are seeking still have to be paid for. I am paying for it!

#68 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

When I tried watching free games on MLB.tv via Roku I thought the quality was significantly worse. Quality was good/near HD when there was no action, but the second something happened.....was that just because it was the free-game of the day? (Pitcher's arm was pixelated, blurry when the ball was put into play, etc.) Did you notice that at all (My connection speed is 10mbps/sec so it is more than enough).

I do like how they give you MLB Network with EI (I am on the Family plan, so I wouldn't normally get it.)

If they were giving away Sunday Ticket to people in the Fall, I would hope that they could offer a significant savings for EI.

The quality on MLB.TV is not going to be as good as what you get with EI. However, it is close but on the fast action sequences you may see minor degredation, but it should not be as significant as what it sounds like you are seeing.

With that said, I don't know why, but to me, the games on my Roku just don't look as crisp as what I get from my other devices like my Boxee Boxes or PS3.

Directv since 1999

Current Equipment:

HR34-700 -> Onkyo TX-SR607 -> Sony 40" KDL40XBR4
HR24-500 -> Denon AVR-X2000 -> Samsung 40" UN40F6300

HR24-500 -> Sony NSZ-GT1 with Google TV -> LG 32" 32LD450
HR20-700 -> Insignia 26" NS-26L450A11

#69 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

The big problem with MLB.tv on Roku is changing between games. It takes Forever!! You have to exit out of the game that you're watching, click on the other one, wait for it to load, and repeat 14 more times just to keep up with everything! I'm new to DirecTV, so I paid the $215, but i took it out of my tax refund, so screw it! I have a slingbox so I can still watch at work, and I have the HR34 so I can record 4 other games while I'm watching a Live one. After 3 years of MLB.tv, I'll be glad to watch the games on normal TV again! I will miss the archives tho:disk:

That was one of my biggest issues with it too, because it worked similarly on my AppleTV. Pain in the but quite frankly. And since the Mets and Tigers are my two favorite teams - and I live in the NYC area - I couldn't watch Mets games through MLB.TV. So I had to switch inputs too. I liked having the ability to watch on the iPhone or iPad, but didn't do it nearly enough and would frequently find myself listening to the radio calls instead - which is what I'll do with the At Bat app this year.

I do wish that MLB would get with the times and bundle MLB.TV access for those paying (and in most cases, paying much more) for MLB EI. Just seems like the right thing to do.

#70 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm tired of all you guys always trying to get something for nothing. I have had MLB EI for 16 years with no special deals. All those "cheaper" deals you are seeking still have to be paid for. I am paying for it!

Thank you good sir..

#71 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Since the Mets and Tigers are my two favorite teams - and I live in the NYC area - I couldn't watch Mets games through MLB.TV. So I had to switch inputs too. I liked having the ability to watch on the iPhone or iPad, but didn't do it nearly enough and would frequently find myself listening to the radio calls instead - which is what I'll do with the At Bat app this year.

I do wish that MLB would get with the times and bundle MLB.TV access for those paying (and in most cases, paying much more) for MLB EI. Just seems like the right thing to do.

Yeah, They lack a lot of common sense when it comes to these out of market packages. It seems so simple to me, $215.94 should be enough to watch Every Single Game (Including those Fox Saturday Games that our local station isn't showing) and on Any Device!

#72 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

The market sets the price. You are not paying any more because someone else negotiated a lower price.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#73 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

DEAN, why in the world would you pay more if you don't have to.

you have had it for 16 years and got nothing, did you ever call? I'm willing to bet you can get deals.

Alot of us are going though tough times, so getting deals and money off stuff we want to see is greatly appreciated.

The sports packages each year keep rising. Don't pitty everyone who got deals and you chose not to try and get a deal. You choose to pay full price, the funny thing is Alot of us will be watching the same MLB EI, without paying full price.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#74 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

DEAN, why in the world would you pay more if you don't have to.

you have had it for 16 years and got nothing, did you ever call? I'm willing to bet you can get deals.

Alot of us are going though tough times, so getting deals and money off stuff we want to see is greatly appreciated.

The sports packages each year keep rising. Don't pitty everyone who got deals and you chose not to try and get a deal. You choose to pay full price, the funny thing is Alot of us will be watching the same MLB EI, without paying full price.

Good Example from me. I have had CI,EI,& ST all 5 years since I've been with D*. This year one kid in college, one next year also. Really looking at cuts in the budget, I mean every where. I called the phone company, the security company etc. Groceries way back. Called to cancel ST last fall they gave me a deal I couldn't pass up. So instead of getting nothing from me, they got $84. Didn't sign up for CI, but EI I'm waiting to see if I can get something shaved off. If not, I may just live off the Marlin & Rays, MLBN, WGN, ESPN and FOX and not pay out another dime. In business, when the customer is happy and the business is happy, it was a good deal. D* isn't going to give me anything they don't want to, and I'm not buying what I can't afford. I always try for deals...sometimes the answer is no.

#75 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

but you try, you atleast make an attempt at getting something off what they charge is.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#76 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

30 days ago I booked a hotel room on the hotel's web site for 6 nights in Vegas, starting next week. Once a day since, I've taken a minute to check the price. In that month, it came down 4 times. Each time, I cancelled what I had and booked again. The bill will now be about $200 less than when I started.

Is there something wrong with that?

If not, then what's the difference with asking D* for a discount on programming?

Over the past 5 years, my D* bills have come to just under $12,000.

I've gotten discounts or free sports programming of around $1,000 retail value.

I'm guessing D* has still made a fair profit on my business.

They've just made slightly more off you!

#77 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

Got an email yesterday offering mlb.tv for $124 and that would include the mlb at bat2012 app for your wireless device. Not bad.

#78 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

I say sour grapes. Make a phone call and negotiate.

#79 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

I signed up for MLB Audio awhile so I can catch the Spring Games. I'll either get EI or not. I like to sync up the tv games to the radio broadcasts. I grew up with games on the radio and have always preferred the flow of the airwaves. I smell the spilled beer and hot dogs from my days at Connie Mack & the Vet. :)

#80 OFFLINE   wv_patsfan

wv_patsfan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I signed up for MLB Audio awhile so I can catch the Spring Games. I'll either get EI or not. I like to sync up the tv games to the radio broadcasts. I grew up with games on the radio and have always preferred the flow of the airwaves. I smell the spilled beer and hot dogs from my days at Connie Mack & the Vet. :)

One cool thing about MLB.TV Premium...they give you the option of using the TV audio feed, the radio feed (auto-synced for you!), OR natural ballpark sounds. LOVE IT when it works! One problem I had using it through PS3 last year...the audio would auto-switch back to the TV feed at the start of every half inning.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...