Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

That's pretty sweet. I didn't know they sync up the feeds. I had MLB.TV a few years back and like other posters here have said, the one major inconvenience for me is flipping around. EI enables me to flip from game to game, with little delay. But I love the radio feeds as I also hook my netbook up to the stereo when I'm out at the pool, or my wireless headphones doing yard work. Good stuff.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Buckeye3d

Buckeye3d

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

I called yesterday and was told pricing had not been released yet so he couldn't offer me any discounts. He made it sound like I'd be able to get one but that I should call back in several weeks.

#83 OFFLINE   skizer

skizer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I called yesterday and was told pricing had not been released yet so he couldn't offer me any discounts. He made it sound like I'd be able to get one but that I should call back in several weeks.

clearly you go a clueless CSR --- since I got a letter back in late Jan with the 2012 prices in it, and many of us have already signed up.

#84 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

I've found it annoying that games broadcast by Chicago's WCIU have not been shown in HD by MLBEI in previous years. I asked DirecTV if this was going to change. Short answer: Don't know. Long answer:

Thank you for writing. I do understand your concerns questions regarding whether baseball games broadcast by Chicago's WCIU be shown in HDTV on MLB Extra Innings this year. I know how important this matter is to you, and I am happy to help you today.

Please be reminded that with MLB EXTRA INNINGS®, you get up to 80 out-of-market games every week of the regular season, including up to 40 in crystal-clear HD. No matter where you call home, you can be there with your home team every step of the way from opening day to the pennant race.

We do not have information at this time regarding the broadcast schedule for MLB Extra Innings or which games will be available in HD.

#85 OFFLINE   tj218

tj218

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just called...I get the same spiel and I was dealing with retention (I did the whole tight budget, MLB.TV offers the same product at a cheaper cost) I even asked if I were to pay it one installment could they offer any discounts and the rep told me at this time nothing was available and that she personally would wait because once I did that any discounts that they may offer in a few weeks may not apply. She basically told me call back in a few weeks.

#86 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Look many of you know this but this goes out to the new DTV people. They will lower your rate as much as they can if you just ask retention but if you only have the basic package they will not give you 100 off but if you have the highest package like I do I get deals on EVERYTHING . CI i got for just over 100 for about 3/4 of the season now for EI I am getting this for just under 100 total due to them giving me 10 off per month for a year. Now when I look at my bill they just gave me 6 off of one tv and 4 off of another so yes they do give huge discounts if you have a big package.
sorry for the long message but had to do it.

#87 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Any chance for all of the Fox Saturday games this year or will we continue to see ads during Fox Saturday Baseball about how Extra Innings gives you access to all the games (irony)?

#88 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Any chance for all of the Fox Saturday games this year or will we continue to see ads during Fox Saturday Baseball about how Extra Innings gives you access to all the games (irony)?

This annoys me too. Living in an American League city means I almost always get the AL game on Saturday's.

#89 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

It does not say you get ALL the games.

#90 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

I cancelled EI today. I am going to give MLB.TV a shot. D* made a fair deal to keep me, offering $10 off x 6 months, but I am very interested in the Mobile Apps and the extras offered by MLB.TV such as alternate audio and said no.

Hopefully I don't regret it, but we'll see.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#91 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

I cancelled EI today. I am going to give MLB.TV a shot. D* made a fair deal to keep me, offering $10 off x 6 months, but I am very interested in the Mobile Apps and the extras offered by MLB.TV such as alternate audio and said no.

Hopefully I don't regret it, but we'll see.

You wont. I hope you have a smart phone but it isnt as bad as some say unless you have really crappy internet. For me it works just fine.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#92 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

You wont. I hope you have a smart phone but it isnt as bad as some say unless you have really crappy internet. For me it works just fine.

Iphone, Ipad, 20meg down connection and a PS3 to the main TV. The $100 savings with more features than EI seemed worth at least trying out.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#93 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Probably not. We'll probably have to settle for the game that is on our local FOX stations again. I think FOX is going to broadcast some Saturday night games again this season. So yeah It would be nice if we could choose which regional game we wanted to watch instead of what the local FOX station decides it wants to show your area.

#94 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Probably not. We'll probably have to settle for the game that is on our local FOX stations again. I think FOX is going to broadcast some Saturday night games again this season. So yeah It would be nice if we could choose which regional game we wanted to watch instead of what the local FOX station decides it wants to show your area.

Read yesterday where Fox are going to be in prime time for 8 straight weeks and will have 5 or 6 games (can't remember which) instead of the usual 3. So now we will not be able to see even more games. So annoying.
Go Big Red!!!

#95 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I've found it annoying that games broadcast by Chicago's WCIU have not been shown in HD by MLBEI in previous years. I asked DirecTV if this was going to change. Short answer: Don't know. Long answer:

they don't even remap wgn america HD to MLBEI or at least in the past they did have a WGN HD feed as part of MLBEI but had same game on wgn america in HD
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#96 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Here is another vote for mlb.tv Had it last year and loved it. Watched baseball on my iPhone everywhere I went with good quality even over 3G. And watched on my big screen TV at home. Plus watching 2 or more different games at once - one on the ipad and another on my computer or iphone, or tv ,etc.

EI should drop their price below mlb.tv if they really want to compete.
DirecTV customer since 1995

#97 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Iphone, Ipad, 20meg down connection and a PS3 to the main TV. The $100 savings with more features than EI seemed worth at least trying out.

I think you will be pleased with your decision. Being able to get the games on my iPhone alone was enough for me to do it much less that its cheaper. The PQ is not that god awful. My opinion, it was pretty good. I only noticed an issue probably 3 times the entire season and it was usually only when the kids were streaming Netflix at the same time.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#98 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

It does not say you get ALL the games.

They said that last year. Get ALL out-of-market games. I remember that happening a few times. I'd watch Fox Saturday Baseball for a few minutes every Saturday that a Tigers game was aired just hoping the local game (usually Cardinals or Braves) would be rained out and I'd see/hear the commercial about Extra Innings giving you all the games. It happened multiple times.

Edited by HGuardian, 16 February 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#99 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Read yesterday where Fox are going to be in prime time for 8 straight weeks and will have 5 or 6 games (can't remember which) instead of the usual 3. So now we will not be able to see even more games. So annoying.

http://www.awfulanno...x-schedule.html

This does, in fact, suck!

#100 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Too bad they cant give us a combined rate if you want both mlb.tv and Extra Innings. Im a big enough baseball fan where I would do something like that.

spam firewall