Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

I wish they would just do what the NBA does, 1 subscription gets you all.

MLB EI, MLB.tv

have 1 price simple done.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

I wish they would just do what the NBA does, 1 subscription gets you all.

MLB EI, MLB.tv

have 1 price simple done.

Agreed. Hopefully that's coming. They have already begun to consolidate the apps into the season price, which is a good start.

#123 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Last year DTV did not open up the regional sports channel broadcasts of spring training games to MLB EI subscribers.

Can somebody please verify whether or not this is also true this year?

jdg

#124 OFFLINE   hclarkjr

hclarkjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

redsox game is on now, but it is pregame.not sure iif it will stay on for the game
Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB,16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600mhz,Crossfired Radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 7 ultimate SP1 X64

#125 OFFLINE   hclarkjr

hclarkjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

looks like they did unlock them, i am watching astros and nats right now
Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB,16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600mhz,Crossfired Radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 7 ultimate SP1 X64

#126 OFFLINE   hclarkjr

hclarkjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

redsox game is on now, but it is pregame.not sure iif it will stay on for the game

it is on too

#127 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Last year DTV did not open up the regional sports channel broadcasts of spring training games to MLB EI subscribers.

Can somebody please verify whether or not this is also true this year?

jdg

Last year D* did open the RSNs for spring training games, however the first few games were mistakenly blacked out. This was the first time in awhile they got it straight from Day 1.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#128 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Last year D* did open the RSNs for spring training games, however the first few games were mistakenly blacked out. This was the first time in awhile they got it straight from Day 1.

Does this require a "Sports Pack" subscription to get the out-of-town regional sports channels, or is an MLB EI subscription sufficient?

jdg

#129 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Well, I was all ready to go with MLB.TV for the first time this year (since they're finally adding XBOX support) but when I called in to cancel my MLB EI, they asked me why I was canceling and I explained it was approximately $75 cheaper ($60 per season less, plus the free iPhone app, which is a $15 value). The man then offered me $5 off for 6 mos and a one time $45 bill credit to cover the difference. I have to admit I was surprised as I'm already getting $20 a month in credits, but hey they knew what it would take to keep me, and they did it.

I have to admit I was kinda excited to try the MLB.TV thing this year, so there is a chance I'll end up subscribing to both, lol.

#130 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I just called to do the whole "cancel, cancel" thing. The best deal I could get was $5 a month off for 6 months. I took that deal for now. If I can't get them to match the price of MLB.tv, I will cancel it for good and go with MLB.tv before the season starts.

I do prefer to have it on DirecTV, but with MLB.tv available on my PS3 and Kindle Fire, I am more than willing to give MLB.tv a shot this year.

#131 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

I dropped it today, and just sub'd to mlb.tv too. The PQ on my iPad was great. Can't wait to try it on the big TV, but I'll have to wait - Roku is dark for spring training.

(Plus, for 20 clams, you get all the Triple-A games too)

#132 OFFLINE   VABill

VABill

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

I just called to do the whole "cancel, cancel" thing. The best deal I could get was $5 a month off for 6 months. I took that deal for now. If I can't get them to match the price of MLB.tv, I will cancel it for good and go with MLB.tv before the season starts.

I do prefer to have it on DirecTV, but with MLB.tv available on my PS3 and Kindle Fire, I am more than willing to give MLB.tv a shot this year.

First off.....I'm glad to be back on this forum after a long absence.

I gave up on MLB EI several years ago because of the cost and the fact that our provider at the time (Verizon Fios) only offered a handful of games in HD. We retired to NC in October and had TWC which we hated. So, today we are scheduled to have DirecTV installed. We had it for several years in NoVA and enjoyed it very much.

As for baseball, I've used MLB.TV for several years and have no complaints. We have 2 Samsung Smart TVs that have the app and it's been great. A 3rd TV gets the feed via a Roku player and it too works very well. Plus I can watch games on the road on a laptop and on my Droid phone thru the At Bat app (which is free to MLB.TV subscribers).

MLB.TV is very good quality for the money and IMO offers more that the EI package.

Good luck on your decision.

#133 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I canceled for this year as well. I'm sure I'll be back, probably next season. I can get XM for $25 for six months, so I'll probably do that and listen to the games.

#134 OFFLINE   VLaslow

VLaslow

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

I canceled for this year as well. I'm sure I'll be back, probably next season. .....

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement!!

Ah well, my son still wants Boston, so, I'll eventually fold on MLB EI.

#135 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Ended up getting EI for 114. Bucks and at that price I really couldn't refuse.. With that and Direct Kick I'm still paying over two hundred dollars in one installment.. I'm happy and decided to spring MLB.tv as well for IPhone viewing.. Should be a good summer..

#136 OFFLINE   oscar madison

oscar madison

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Just called and was offered $50 off mlbei, but I declined as I am looking for more. I'm actually excited to try mlb.tv premium, so if I can't get it for the same price or closer, I'll go with that.
Since, I'm no longer under contract, I'd think they would have offered more, but maybe it doesn't go hand in hand.

#137 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,365 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Just called and was offered $50 off mlbei, but I declined as I am looking for more. I'm actually excited to try mlb.tv premium, so if I can't get it for the same price or closer, I'll go with that.
Since, I'm no longer under contract, I'd think they would have offered more, but maybe it doesn't go hand in hand.

You should call back and say cancel twice at the voice prompt to get to retention who can give you a better offer. Sell your strong points and see what they offer. Hopefully something good. Let us know.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#138 OFFLINE   abcward

abcward

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

I have had good luck in the past with calling and getting discounts, but not today. I called and did the 'cancel 2x' thing and got to retention and talked to Will, who seemed to only be concerned with rushing me thru the phone call as fast as possible. Last month's bill was $130 and now with MLB (and a discount coming off the books) this month's bill is $199.

I told him I couldnt pay that much. He asked what I watch and I mentioned sports and would love to keep MLB but just cannot pay that price. He fumbled around a bit and said we could cut Starz or Showtime if I wanted from my account. Nothing about MLB at all...and basically went straight to 'is there anything else we can do? ok bye'.

Sheesh

#139 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

So I watched the Royals/M's game on Root NW (Ch. 687) Live last night, but I missed the first 4 innings. I set the DVR to record the replay later, and went to play it back this morning, and it was blacked out. Who the heck comes up with these STUPID Rules?!?? The Live Game is in the Clear, but the Replay is Blacked out???
Proud DirecTV Subscriber since 1.6.2012 :)
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#140 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

So I watched the Royals/M's game on Root NW (Ch. 687) Live last night, but I missed the first 4 innings. I set the DVR to record the replay later, and went to play it back this morning, and it was blacked out. Who the heck comes up with these STUPID Rules?!?? The Live Game is in the Clear, but the Replay is Blacked out???

National rights are usually limited to the live broadcast.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...