Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sony NSZ-GT1 3D update/issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   edvo

edvo

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

I downloaded software version 3.2 to enable 3D disk viewing on my Sony Google TV box NSZ-GT1, but DirecTV only recognizes it as 3D compatible for the Directv3D channels when I connect the NSZ-GT1 directly to my Yamaha Aventage 3D ready receiver, and then on a separate HDMI cable, connect my DirecTV HR24-200 receiver to the Yamaha receiver (and then of course all to my Panasonic 3DTV).

When I connect it the way Sony recommends (Sony NSZ-GT1 OUT to Yamaha receiver IN and DirecTV HR24-200 OUT to Sony NSZ-GT1 IN and then Yamaha receiver OUT to the TV) the DirecTV screen message says I am not 3D compatible.

It appears that when the NSZ-GT1 is in the “chain” DirecTV does not recognize this as a 3D device. I went to the Sony unit and activated 3D through Settings, Picture, 3D to make sure the Sony was set to 3D, but still no luck.
Any ideas??

Directv since 1996
HR34-700, AM21

Panasonic VIERA TC-P60GT30

Wireless to Linksys WET610N

Panasonic DMP-BDT230 3D Blu Ray

Apple TV

Yamaha Aventage RX-A700
Mirage OM 6, Velodyne SPL 1200 Subwoofer

C31-700, Samsung HLM507W DLP

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   zimilak

zimilak

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Did you find any answers to your problem because I have the same with mine?  If I connect hdmi cable directly from direcTV to TV, I can get the 3D channels but if I connect via Sony's suggestion, I get the message "TV is not compatible with 3d".  Please post your fix around.  Thanks

spam firewall