Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with Pandora...?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Got the new HDGUI last week and all was working well on my two HR24s.

HR24-500... Noticed Pandora now has an icon under EXTRA in the menu. Clicked on it and was instructed to go to the Pandora web site and enter a provided code to activate. Followed the instructions and it was working.

Got up Friday and clicked on the Pandora icon and it didn't work. Went to a wait screen and then back to the icon. Also noticed the icons in the My DirecTV menu are flat blue with text instead of the nifty icons they were.

Did an RBR with no improvement. Than pulled the plug, waited, and plugged back in with no improvement. Cleared the NVRAM and no improvement.

Called DTV and they were no help. Said that Pandora was a new feature and to wait and see if it works.

Software on my HR24-500 shows 0x57B. Software on my HR24-100 shows 0x59c and seems to be working OK.

Anyone using Pandora on their HR24s? Working? Buggy? Any tips?

On Pandora, seems that activating Pandora on one HR-DVR only activates it on that one DVR and not all that you may have on the account. Seems Pandora has to be activated on each HD-DVR.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Seems your HR24-500 got upgraded to the current national release software. You will need to wait until it is fixed, or use the same method you used to upgrade your -100 for the -500.

Have you tried getting a new activation code for the -500 on the Pandora website?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Isnt that where avatar took place.

#4 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

Seems your HR24-500 got upgraded to the current national release software. You will need to wait until it is fixed, or use the same method you used to upgrade your -100 for the -500.

I didn't do anything to either the HR24-500 or the HR24-100. With the arrival of the new HDGUI they both had Pandora icons.

On the HR24-500 I clicked on the Pandora icon and it went to a screen that gave me an activation code for the Pandora web site. After Activation, the Pandora icon went to Pandora and played music. All of a sudden, the other day clicking the Pandora icon just takes me back to the Pandora icon.

#5 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Your -100 is running a test software version. If you didnt manually download it, it got downloaded accidentally. Check this thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=159406

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Also, do a system information, and make sure the unit has an IP address from your router, and it actually connected to the internet. If not, try Network setup/restore defaults. It might have just disconnected itself from the internet.

#7 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Also, do a system information, and make sure the unit has an IP address from your router, and it actually connected to the internet. If not, try Network setup/restore defaults. It might have just disconnected itself from the internet.

Both HRs are connected to the net and both have static IP addresses. TV Apps work on both so that is OK.

I'm aware of the CE program but do not participate and never have.

What should I do about the CE 0x59c on the HR24-100?

Still confused about my HR24-500 with the new HDGUI that was working and the icons were correct and Pandora was working and now the icons are flat and Pandora is not working.

#8 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Both HRs are connected to the net and both have static IP addresses. TV Apps work on both so that is OK.

I'm aware of the CE program but do not participate and never have.

What should I do about the CE 0x59c on the HR24-100?

Still confused about my HR24-500 with the new HDGUI that was working and the icons were correct and Pandora was working and now the icons are flat and Pandora is not working.

Well, since the -100 one is working, I wouldnt do anything with the -100.

As for why Pandora isnt working on the -500, other than what you have already done, I have no other suggestions. It is so new, that other than joining the CE program, and downloading a newer software version, and reporting whether it fixes the problem... I really dont have any other suggestions other than checking the thread for that release, and see if others are having the same issue.

#9 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Seems there are a variety of problems with HR24-500 and 0x57B

Guess I'm back to being a paying beta tester till they fix it.

Thanks.

#10 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,268 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

What I might try: Go to the web site again, and login. Or create one if what you did earlier is lost. Create a station or two. Wait an hour. Go to the DVR and login with the new ID.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#11 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

What I might try: Go to the web site again, and login. Or create one if what you did earlier is lost. Create a station or two. Wait an hour. Go to the DVR and login with the new ID.

Already tried that.

#12 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

It appears, that the software on your -100 is the fix for the software on your -500.
I see by checking at http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?r=HR
that it is streaming out at night, which is why its on the -100. It probably will download soon on the -500 as well.

#13 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

It appears, that the software on your -100 is the fix for the software on your -500.
I see by checking at http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?r=HR
that it is streaming out at night, which is why its on the -100. It probably will download soon on the -500 as well.

Seems that you're on to something.

I wonder if my somehow 500 got the latest (or maybe CE) software spooled to it and Pandora was working then it's software was rolled back to 0x57B and now the Pandora icon isn't even there.

I'm getting the idea that there is little or no planning at DTV... seems they just go to work and spin the game wheel to see what they'll do that day and and wait to see what happens. It's getting to be annoying.

#14 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,481 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

57B was before Pandora was introduced, since that's still in the stream, even if you got 59C, a forced download would drop you back to Pre-Pandora as 59C isn't the default in the stream, its mostly 57B.

#15 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

57B was before Pandora was introduced, since that's still in the stream, even if you got 59C, a forced download would drop you back to Pre-Pandora as 59C isn't the default in the stream, its mostly 57B.

How come its Icon is still in his extra's tho?

#16 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Makes sense. As I said "my 500 somehow got the latest 59c (or maybe CE) software spooled to it and Pandora was working then it's software was rolled back to 0x57B and now the Pandora icon isn't even there"

So... the stream giveth and the stream taketh away.

Be interesting to see if the stream rolls back the 59c that is on the HR24-100 or leaves it alone.

Appreciate all the replies.

#17 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

How come its Icon is still in his extra's tho?

The Pandora icon was gone from the extras when the software rolled back.

#18 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Got up Friday and clicked on the Pandora icon and it didn't work.

This is what confused me... If Pandora wasnt on the DVR, it should not have the icon to click.

#19 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

This is what confused me... If Pandora wasnt on the DVR, it should not have the icon to click.

HR24-500: First there was no HDGUI... then the HDGUI showed up... then Pandora was in extras and worked... then Pandora was in extras but did not work... then Pandora disappeared from extras... current software 57b

All I did was one RBR and one pull the plug and clear NVR.

HR24-100: First there was no HDGUI... then the HDGUI showed up... then Pandora was in extras and works... current software 59c

#20 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Weird. I have never seen a DVR go backwards in software versions without someone manually doing it. Guess just check that website when you wake up, and see if the new release is being sent, and download it again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...