Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with Pandora...?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Weird. I have never seen a DVR go backwards in software versions without someone manually doing it. Guess just check that website when you wake up, and see if the new release is being sent, and download it again.

At this point I don't care about Pandora and I'm caring less and less about DirecTV.

Rabbit ears with Netflix and Hulu are looking better and better for about $100 a month less.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

FWIW...

This AM 59e spooled down to both my HR24-500 and HR24-100

Pandora in extras menu on both boxes now.
Pandora works on the -100
Pandora still doesn't work on -500

Everything checks OK on -500 including network connection and network services. Can ping the -500 on my network. TV Apps and YouTube are working on the -500 so it would seem that the internet connection and network connection are OK.

Called DTV TS and got an agent that really seemed sharp. We ran through everything step by step all the way to re-authorizing the -500 and Pandora is still broken.

Oh well...

#23 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

Pandora working fine here with new firmware on my 500's. No issues from the get go. No auto future reboot this version either. Hope it fixed the ghost changing my channel issue.

#24 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

@the OP after the sw dl did you go back and re-activate pandora on both rcvrs?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#25 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

@the OP after the sw dl did you go back and re-activate pandora on both rcvrs?

Yes... see my next post.

Edited by subeluvr, 09 February 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Problem resolved... maybe... I hope.

I had an idea that something in the -500 got hosed somehow so I decided to change over to my external eSATA drive before retiring last night. That would allow the spool to update the SW on the eSATA to the new 59e rev.

Woke up this AM and Pandora is working perfectly on the -500. Pandora asked to be activated, which I expected, and it played fine.

Shut everything down and changed back to the internal HD and Pandora is working perfectly on the -500. Didn't need to be activated and 59e was already on the internal drive from before.

So, that ruled out the hard drive or software on it as the problem.

It did seem to me that the -500 somehow hosed it's connection to Pandora and that connection could not be cleared or reset without actually running the Pandora app which the -500 would not let me do. That's why clicking the Pandora icon dropped back to the extras screen. Perhaps changing HDs forced a reset of those links and resolved the problem.

Don't know whether that procedure resolved the problem, escalating the problem at DTV resulted in a fix from engineering, or it just healed itself... and I don't care.

Edited by subeluvr, 11 February 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

It seems to me that DirecTV needs to provide a way to "sign out" of Pandora without launching the Pandora app. You can disengage a receiver from a Pandora account by selecting Sign Out in the Pandora menu, but you have to launch the app first before you can do so. If for some reason (as illustrated in this thread) the receiver cannot properly log in because of a configuration problem, there's no way in the GUI to reconfigure the app and fix whatever issue there is with the login process.

I guess putting the HR on a different drive managed (somehow) to make the HR aware that the Pandora configuration was flawed and needed to be redone.

#28 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

It seems to me that DirecTV needs to provide a way to "sign out" of Pandora without launching the Pandora app. You can disengage a receiver from a Pandora account by selecting Sign Out in the Pandora menu, but you have to launch the app first before you can do so. If for some reason (as illustrated in this thread) the receiver cannot properly log in because of a configuration problem, there's no way in the GUI to reconfigure the app and fix whatever issue there is with the login process.

I guess putting the HR on a different drive managed (somehow) to make the HR aware that the Pandora configuration was flawed and needed to be redone.

Yes, another way of saying what I found out. Since I couldn't get into the Pandora app I couldn't sign out. Neither RBR nor unplugging, nor reset to defaults actually reset everything and the Pandora hook(?) was hosed and stuck. Exchanging drives did something or required(?) that all the hooks be reset and resolved the problem.

Since this problem was escalated to the DTV engineers I called in to advise what my resolution was and that info was sent to the engineers. Maybe they will revise reset to actually reset.

Programming without a graceful retreat or back door is the mark of an amateur.

#29 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,876 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Worth mentioning, pressing the {DASH} button on your receiver will also tell you the status of your coax network.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#30 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

Worth mentioning, pressing the {DASH} button on your receiver will also tell you the status of your coax network.

Worth mentioning... pressing the {DASH} button on your receiver will indicate that the SWiM and Internet are connected but does NOT indicate whether network services are connected and running so it can be a false positive.

When troubleshooting best to go into settings-system info & test and look at network then run network connection and system services test.

You can ping your DVR at its IP address from a computer on your local network to see if it is connected to the network.

In the circumstances of my Pandora problem in this thread the network and internet were functioning perfectly and an indicator of that was that TV Apps were working.

#31 OFFLINE   Special Ed

Special Ed

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

I connected with no problem to my paid Pandora One account. Nice new feature, I don't need to fire up my blu ray to listen to Pandora at my entertainment center.

#32 ONLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have two hr 24's a 100 and a 500, neither has the pandora app under extras and yes it would be nice to have. I have the HD GUI and have had it since mid January (chicago burbs). I checked I do not have a more recent download than the one that got me the HD GUI,

#33 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,644 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have two hr 24's a 100 and a 500, neither has the pandora app under extras and yes it would be nice to have. I have the HD GUI and have had it since mid January (chicago burbs). I checked I do not have a more recent download than the one that got me the HD GUI,

What is the exact version number of your software?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#34 ONLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

What is the exact version number of your software?

ox57b on both

#35 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

ox57b on both

When 59e spools you'll have Pandora. If you had read the first page of this thread you'd already know that.

Be patient and don't force a download till 59e spools itself.

#36 OFFLINE   retired flyer

retired flyer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Pandora now occasionally slips in annoying Pandora One upgrade ads.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...