Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Super Bowl Worst and Best Commercials 2012

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Like everyone else, Eastwood has the right to change his mind I suppose. All the candidates do. Most everyone I know has changed their mind. Its just human to alter your judgement on issues when presented with (additional/better/verified) facts.

Right.

Equally important, perhaps more so, is I didn't get that Eastwood was talking about the management. To me, it was the "people of Detroit".... the workers.
Maybe I'm just naive.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Heynonny

Heynonny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

I didn't get that Eastwood was talking about the management. To me, it was the "people of Detroit".... the workers.
Maybe I'm just naive.

The ****Wing is going berserk over the ad. Fun to read the initial diaries and such, though much of it was quickly removed.

BTW the "pulled" ad issue is a confusion about a totally different ad, resulting in Eastwood's ad being deleted accidentally. Nobody (other than the ****Wing) has problems with the Eastwood ad.

#43 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

First of all it was a good game and that is what counts.

+1

Nail-biter til the final play with plenty of surprises like the safety on Brady early in the first quarter to the guy squatting his way into the end zone, it was one heck of a game.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#44 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Am I the only one that liked the Audi vampire ad?

#45 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Am I the only one that liked the Audi vampire ad?

NO! It was one of the better ones.

Funny, last night I FF through most of the play to take another look. Quite a few ads I don't even recall seeing on Sunday!

#46 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

My favorite was the "Man's Best Friend" Doritos commercial. I can see some people saying "OMG" to the concept, but I thought it was hilarious.

Directv since 1999

Current Equipment:

HR34-700 -> Onkyo TX-SR607 -> Sony 40" KDL40XBR4
HR24-500 -> Denon AVR-X2000 -> Samsung 40" UN40F6300

HR24-500 -> Sony NSZ-GT1 with Google TV -> LG 32" 32LD450
HR20-700 -> Insignia 26" NS-26L450A11

#47 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

If you want to know what those that tweet and Facebook thought....<< Snipped bits out >>

It's odd that nobody here mentioned the H&M commercial.:sure:

Heh.... If it was the "most popular" on social media, doesn't that mean that straight women make up the majority of those so posting?? I can't imagine straight guys "liking" that ad.

#48 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,417 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

The according to AdAge the Nielsen folks have weighed in on the commercials as follows:

Posted Image

The biggest disconnect here is that controversial Clint Eastwood commercial. Apparently a lot of folks didn't pick up it was for Chrysler but they liked it. :sure:

And the goofy stuff around that commercial just keeps rolling along. AdAge reports that along with the Karl Rove et al goofy reaction, at the other extreme protests are coming in "some are upset that the protest signs used in the spot were scrubbed clean of the pro-union messages."

And then according to Bloomberg former U.S. President George W. Bush finds himself at a car dealers convention having to defend loans to GM and Chrysler his administration provided at the end of his term.

Ain't politics in America grand? A truly inspiring commercial leads to two Presidents defending their actions.:nono2:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#49 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Heh.... If it was the "most popular" on social media, doesn't that mean that straight women make up the majority of those so posting?? I can't imagine straight guys "liking" that ad.

Nor a lot of gay guys either...just sayin'

#50 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hyundai ran a different set of commercials during the SuperBowl broadcast in Canada. Some of these are pretty funny. I especially like the one with the guy on the cell phone.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#51 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hyundai ran a different set of commercials during the SuperBowl broadcast in Canada. Some of these are pretty funny. I especially like the one with the guy on the cell phone.

Excellent! They ran two ads I saw, one funny and the other the stupid one with the singing and the humming and so on and so forth.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...