Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strange Pauses -- Please Wait

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have my THR22 now for about a day, and I've had several experiences when I press a button on the remote and the Please Wait screen comes up and sits there for at least a minute.

(I have programmed about 30 Season Passes, but I don't have more than ten programs recorded yet. Not a capacity thing.)

Have others experienced something similar? Is this a possible bug, or a defective unit, or just what we should expect?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have my THR22 now for about a day, and I've had several experiences when I press a button on the remote and the Please Wait screen comes up and sits there for at least a minute.

(I have programmed about 30 Season Passes, but I don't have more than ten programs recorded yet. Not a capacity thing.)

Have others experienced something similar? Is this a possible bug, or a defective unit, or just what we should expect?

Tivo's have always been slow for the first few days as it's indexing all the guide data. Some things will always show a slow down though, even after the first few days. Things like rearranging season passes, looking at the to do list and other things that require searching through the entire guide.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,616 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

Give it a few days to "settle down".
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Thanks, I'll take that advice and wait before freaking out. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...