Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TV2 has a strange channel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   njande75

njande75

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Dish installed a 622 and now my tv2 doesn't work. I called dish and went thru the motions of setting the remote address and the tv2 to channel 73. A program appears, but it's not in our dish lineup (TVHot..very old tv programs).
I try to change the channel at the receiver, but it doesn't change. It's like the remote doesn't work. The remote worked fine before the change. I did change the batteries in the remote.

Any ideas of what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   njande75

njande75

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

OK, this apparently is fixed. I now get the proper channels. Apparently, my remote is old and the numbers don't work well. I did the System Info from the box and saw the remote channel was different than what I had programmed.

Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,668 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hot TV is/was coming from DeSoto at one time or another. Maybe it has moved to another station and is now going out on analog channel 22 (approximately the same frequency as cable 73) or thereabouts.

I think I read where DISH carries Hot TV in the Mesquite area so I'm not sure it is fair to say that its not in your lineup.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...