Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Half-price premiums in February

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

I had to call Dish today to get Starz because it still wasn't in my guide the day after signing up on the web site. The CSR said he'd take care of it and do me one better by charging only half price. That wasn't showing on the web site.

The offer is: sign up for a premium movie package this month, get it for 1/2-price for the first 6 months. After that it continues at regular price.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   riah

riah

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Does this apply if you already signed up this month via the web site?

#3 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Yep, I know this is an old thread-but

I subscribed as well (HBO)...and my sub ends tomorrow :(

I saw a commercial just a couple days ago for showtime at half price for 6 months. BUT-my wife is a big Game of Thrones fan and the new season starts in March. I wonder if I can get HBO again after it's removed from my programming. I have my preferences set on Dish.com to NOT continue HBO when my sub ends.

I know we won't subscribe at regular price for that one series, and we don't seem to watch a whole lot of HBO other than that

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

You'll probably have to check with csr or DIRT member once HBO has been removed.

#5 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

I am not sure if it is account specific, but I noticed a Get HBO for $8 link on our account when logging in. It probably will not show up for you now if you have HBO, but it might when you do not continue HBO.

#6 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I had to call Dish today to get Starz because it still wasn't in my guide the day after signing up on the web site. The CSR said he'd take care of it and do me one better by charging only half price. That wasn't showing on the web site.

The offer is: sign up for a premium movie package this month, get it for 1/2-price for the first 6 months. After that it continues at regular price.

Where are all of the DIRTS? I want this deal.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#7 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Where are all of the DIRTS? I want this deal.

Remember this thread is about 6 months old---but At least as of a few days ago, like I mentioned above, there was still a promo advertised for Showtime (it said to call in & mention the ad, but I know that the DIRT team has been able to add it to a customers programming). I know that a couple weeks ago, it was still being offered on Sho, or Starz, or Max, or HBO but I can't swear if that's still the case. The # of promos a person could subscribe to was subject to some (unknown to me) formula or some such thing LOL

spam firewall