Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New LNB causing 771A?

vod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffman

jeffman

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

So my HR20 finally bit the dust (all commands, IR or panel took 30+ seconds to respond and would not stream thru Whole-Home).
Tech came out this morning and replaced with HR22 (had no HR24’s). Self test also reported dish alignment problem and he replaced the LNB. I used to have the wide LNB (I don’t know the model numbers) but it looked like the SL5and replaced it with something smaller.
Everything worked fine when he left. When I returned home both units have 771A. Called the tech and we power cycled everything and he will return tomorrow morning. He mentioned something about multiple calls today about the new LNB. Anyone know anything about this, or is he just pulling my leg?

I Have:
(2) HR22’s both w/DECA Home Adapters on them – all green LEDs
(1) Power Injector on one of the units – green LED
(1) DECA Broadband adapter – all green LEDs
Slimline-3S (SWM)

Thx
DirecTV Since 1996 :)
My Gear: Some TV's, HD DVRs, Audio Gear, Wife, Kids, Cats, Fish...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,753 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

771A = Check the dish Power Inserter. It must be connected to the power jack of the splitter. The one with the red end.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Drucifer is right, this is probably due to the power inserter or a bad cable somewhere in the system. I've seen the error in both cases.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vod

spam firewall