Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Official: HR34 pricing as of 2/9/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1280 replies to this topic

#321 OFFLINE   alirelan720

alirelan720

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

There is nothing at all wrong with that. The 'wired' CCK is nothing more than a DECA packaged in black plastic with a F-connector to attach to a SWiM splitter, and an Ethernet cable to attach to the home network, and a power supply.

It all accomplishes the same thing... bridging Ethernet to DECA.

I have only been talking about the wireless cck, the only one I know and love, guess I am too young and a little out of the loop technology wise the wired cck is what you say, sorry for being asinine!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#322 OFFLINE   extide

extide

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have only been talking about the wireless cck, the only one I know and love, guess I am too young and a little out of the loop technology wise the wired cck is what you say, sorry for being asinine!

I believe the wireless 'cck' is actually an 'ick' or internet connection kit.

#323 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

So I don't know what some of you get out of lying, but that's exactly what it is...a lie.

Wow, only eight posts total and you obviously have it all figured out, at least in my case. In fact, not only am I lying, but I also went to all the trouble of creating a web page that looks exactly like the DIRECTV site in order to back up my lie. Man, you are good.

Attached Thumbnails

• Clipboard01.jpg

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#324 OFFLINE   alirelan720

alirelan720

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Nope, it's law for anybody. If the provider can't hold up their end of the contract by providing you service, the contract is voided. This is the same for cell phones, TV providers, internet providers, etc. I also verified this with DirecTV when I first ordered the HR34 without saying one word that I was in the military.

The provider would be able to hold up their end of the contract, it would be your choice to move out of the country where you clearly know they are not able to set up services. The Ecf would be valid.

#325 OFFLINE   alirelan720

alirelan720

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

I believe the wireless 'cck' is actually an 'ick' or internet connection kit.

It is CCK, Cinema connection kit.

#326 OFFLINE   extide

extide

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

I see, I was thinking there was actually a different name for the wireless one vs the wired DECA bridge one.

#327 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

It may have been called an ICK before (the wired version was), and before that it was a "broadband DECA".

There's a constant conflict between the DirecTV Ministry of Truth and the engineers ;)

Edited by dwcolvin, 12 February 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#328 OFFLINE   extide

extide

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

It may have been called an ICK before (the wired version was), and before that it was a "broadband DECA".

There's a constant conflict between the DirecTV Ministry of Truth and the engineers ;)

That sounds about right.

Gah, why can't it just be tuesday already so I can get my HR34 installed?!

#329 OFFLINE   alirelan720

alirelan720

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

A DECA box with a proper power inserter can act as a CCK & was done so before CCKs.

I believe I owe you an apology, sorry about the stupid remark. Guess it makes me look the ass afterall....

#330 OFFLINE   alirelan720

alirelan720

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

A DECA box with a proper power inserter can act as a CCK & was done so before CCKs.

Probably.

#331 OFFLINE   El Vato

El Vato

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

All,

So after about four calls since this past Thursday, I finally got lucky tonight and am scheduled for an HR34 install this coming Thursday.

D* would not budge on the previous three calls: $399 + $49 install. Tonight I got what seems to be the popular $99 + $49 install.

Do I feel entitled? No. But I definitely wanted to try a few more times before giving up.

El Vato

HR22-100 (owned)
HR22-100 (owned)
HR24-200 (owned)
HR24-500 (owned)
Soon to be HR34-xxx (leased)

#332 OFFLINE   RudeDogs-DTV

RudeDogs-DTV

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

The HR34 is $799 each there leased at $399 to get them at better price you have to A be loyal customer in system B) have an upper package C) never miss payments. If all those or met then you would in most cases have a lower price. Its much easier to get discounts on normal HD dvr's because they have more of them. Since the HR34 is new and not have that many in warehouse yet not many getting discounts. If you waited a year or more then they should have alot more discounts to give with them.

#333 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Is the CCK just the Wifi to ethernet bridget adapter so that you can get on demand content?

I don't have SWM or Whole Home DVR thing. So I would need SWM installed, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone able to get SWM set up in addition to the HR34 for $99 and $49 installed?

#334 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

That is so wrong, but alas can't fix stupid. So I will no longer comment on that.

Good, then I wont have to disconnect mine, because that is how mine has been hooked up since day 1, with no issues.

Same here. Well, until 2 weeks ago when I removed it entirely and now just use the HR34 ethernet jack. No more BB Deca and a couple less wires and a lot less heat being generated.

I think Mr. Alirelan720 needs to go through training again.

#335 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

Are you saying an HR34 requires CCK? Everything I've read says that CCK isn't necessary for an HR34. I thought the DECA is what connects it to the internet and that the CCK isn't necessary. Does anyone know if an HR34 being used with numerous other HD DVRs needs or benefits from CCK?

HR34 does NOT require the CCK if you plug an ethernet cable from your router into the HR34. I have an HR34 and 2 HR24's and have REMOVED my CCK (well, it was a DECA with power inserter but same thing) and everything continues to work as before including MRV, VOD and any other internet related feature. Think of the HR34 as having a "built-in" wired CCK.

The fact that DirecTV is requiring a CCK is another story. If that is what they REQUIRE you have no choice. Worse case get it and sell it on eBay if you want to go with ethernet directly to the HR34. The reason they require a CCK is probably because most people do not have access to an ethernet cable where their HR34 is.

#336 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Is the CCK just the Wifi to ethernet bridget adapter so that you can get on demand content?

I don't have SWM or Whole Home DVR thing. So I would need SWM installed, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone able to get SWM set up in addition to the HR34 for $99 and $49 installed?

The 'CCK' is the home network to DirecTV bridge, which may be WiFi to Ethernet but more commonly is WiFi/Ethernet to DECA. You need it for DirecTV Cinema, DirecTV2PC, TCP/IP remote control, TV Apps, YouTube, Media Share, Pandora, and DHCP.

It would seem whatever you're quoted, if the installer shows up to install an HR34 and you don't have SWiM, he has no choice but to install it. For many installations it may be little more than replacing the LNB.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#337 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

OK, but people are saying you just run ethernet to the HR34 from your router and you don't need CCK?

The only additional service I would need to add is Whole Home DVR (same thing as MRV)?

Ok this page indicates you need "Advanced Receiver Service" for $20 a month. That can't be right?

http://www.directv.c...ology/wholehome

#338 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

OK, but people are saying you just run ethernet to the HR34 from your router and you don't need CCK?

The only additional service I would need to add is Whole Home DVR (same thing as MRV)?

Ok this page indicates you need "Advanced Receiver Service" for $20 a month. That can't be right?

Advanced Receiver Fee = $20 = $7 DVR FEE + $3 WHDVR fee + $10 HD Fee.

It's the new marketing term.

And yes, you can use the HR34 without a CCK. It can act as a bridge from your router to your coax network.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#339 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

You need to understand that the DirecTV Ministry of Truth has renamed everything, and lumped certain services together for new customers... old customers have the old names and unbundled services (now, at least)...

As long as you have Ethernet from your home network to the HR34 you don't need a separate CCK. What a CSR 'requires' may be another story. I wonder if they require it if you don't have a home network. :confused:

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#340 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

OK thanks, I suspected something like that.

Good to be armed with info. when I call.

Is there a good way to transfer recordings from one of the old DVRs over? Or maybe I can just deactivate it but view the old recordings before returning it?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...