Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Official: HR34 pricing as of 2/9/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1280 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   chrisexv6

chrisexv6

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

I also did not see a remote in the box. I asked about a RF remote and they went to the truck and brought me a RC65RX. When the installer left I immediately noticed no MRV and no internet. I did a reset which downloaded new software and then went into network setup. I manually configured my static IP and other settings and both MRV and Internet worked immediately.

Funny thing is the PDF file that Directv put out for the HR34 actually says "Remote is NOT included". Im guessing they assume most are using this as a server? Doesnt seem to be a big deal though, since the installers are just handing out remotes (Im sure they have a ton of them on the truck!) I would use the remote for my HR21 but I eventually want to disable that so I need to send it all back to D*.

As far as disabling Whole Home to order, they did not do that to mine, and my whole home DVR status is still intact according to my account view on directv.com

AT-9 Slimline, Zinwell 6x8 connected to:

Upstairs Panasonic 32LX50 LCD|HR21-200 via HDMI [-networked -native off]|Panasonic RP56 DVD player via component

Living Room Mits 65819 RPTV|HR20-100 via component[-networked -native off -OTA|Panasonic XP30 via component

Basement Olevia 537H LCD|HR20-700 via HDMI [-networked -native off]|Zenith DVB612 via HDMI|Monoprice 5x1 HDMI switch

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#502 OFFLINE   LoopinFool

LoopinFool

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Did anyone else that ordered an HR34 have to get whole-home removed in order for them to place the order? When I ordered Monday that's what they swore they had to do in order to place the HR34 order on my account. Now after install they can't seem to get whole-home turned back on.

I never had whole-home so they didn't have to do that.

What did happen was that for some reason it got entered as an install with one RVU television client. The bad news is that the RVU feature is $6/mo. I noticed it when I went online and double-checked all my account features last night after the install.

I only have one TV and the HR34 is hooked to it directly, so I called in to have RVU removed from the account. It took them a very long time to figure out how to remove the extra TV. Perhaps it's not a "supported configuration", but they did eventually sort it out. The RVU option no longer even shows up on the web page, probably because customers can't activate it themselves.

- LoopinFool

#503 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

No remote?

And they want $399 for this, a leased unit?

#504 OFFLINE   huskerhead

huskerhead

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

No remote?

And they want $399 for this, a leased unit?

I was told the remote I had (RC65RB) was better than what he had on his truck so he told me to re-use my current one.

#505 OFFLINE   jpray72

jpray72

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

From what the tech told me remotes don't come in any of the receiver boxes they get any more. They have to get them seperate at their warehouse. Says he is always forgeting to bring them in from his truck because of that.

#506 OFFLINE   dwneylonsr

dwneylonsr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Did anyone else that ordered an HR34 have to get whole-home removed in order for them to place the order? When I ordered Monday that's what they swore they had to do in order to place the HR34 order on my account. Now after install they can't seem to get whole-home turned back on.

No, they're just adding the HR34 to my current Whole Home.

#507 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

No, they're just adding the HR34 to my current Whole Home.

They told me it "isn't that easy". I know I got lied to, several times today. I'm waiting on a promised call back that was promised to me over 4 hours ago. I'm getting angrier as the moments go on.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#508 OFFLINE   matthpd195

matthpd195

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just had my HR34 installed. Needed SWM 16 upgrade. The tech couldn't figure out how to install the CCK & he installed the deca broadband adaptor on my HR20-100 backwards! No lights on it at all.

Thankfully after he left I figured it out and it's now working correctly, But he didn't leave me a broadband adaptor for my second HR20-700. Will directv just send me one of those if I call & ask?

#509 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Just had my HR34 installed. Needed SWM 16 upgrade. The tech couldn't figure out how to install the CCK & he installed the deca broadband adaptor on my HR20-100 backwards! No lights on it at all.

Thankfully after he left I figured it out and it's now working correctly, But he didn't leave me a broadband adaptor for my second HR20-700. Will directv just send me one of those if I call & ask?

With SWM you only need one and the rest will be connected through that one. Run the network test on each of your receivers.

#510 OFFLINE   matthpd195

matthpd195

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

With SWM you only need one and the rest will be connected through that one. Run the network test on each of your receivers.

Am I wrong in my thinking that my HR20-700 doesn't have DECA built in? So I would need the converter to split to the SWM port & then to the ethernet port on that receiver?

Currently my HR34 & HR20-100 are internet connected, but not the HR20-700.

Thanks,

#511 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

They told me it "isn't that easy". I know I got lied to, several times today. I'm waiting on a promised call back that was promised to me over 4 hours ago. I'm getting angrier as the moments go on.

I finally decided to just call back and man am I glad I did! I talked to an amazing woman who not only listened to what I was trying to say she spent the time digging and found the problem. They de-activated whole home and set my account as "RVU Only" and when that's set you can't turn whole-home on, and it charges you more too. She turned that off and got me all set up!

There are some good CSRs, you just have to keep trying I guess. :lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#512 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Am I wrong in my thinking that my HR20-700 doesn't have DECA built in? So I would need the converter to split to the SWM port & then to the ethernet port on that receiver?

Thanks,

You are correct, the HR20-700 does not have built in DECA. You need a DECA box to hook it up to your DECA Cloud.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#513 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

There should not be a line item on an order for Whole Home Media Center Installation ($49) unless you have an RVU TV being installed as a second location.

If this happens then it was ordered wrong and you'll have an additional $6 fee per month for an RVU client on your bill.

#514 OFFLINE   matthpd195

matthpd195

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

You are correct, the HR20-700 does not have built in DECA. You need a DECA box to hook it up to your DECA Cloud.

OK thanks, I'll call DirecTV and see if they will ship me one.

#515 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

Thanks,

Runner is correct you would have to have a DECA unit on the HR20 however if he had installed a SWM you should have this anyways or you'll start getting some errors with whole home active on the account. If you don't have a DECA call up DIRECTV and they can send someone back out for not installing everything.

#516 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

There should not be a line item on an order for Whole Home Media Center Installation ($49) unless you have an RVU TV being installed as a second location.

If this happens then it was ordered wrong and you'll have an additional $6 fee per month for an RVU client on your bill.

That's exactly what happened on my order.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#517 OFFLINE   matthpd195

matthpd195

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Runner is correct you would have to have a DECA unit on the HR20 however if he had installed a SWM you should have this anyways or you'll start getting some errors with whole home active on the account. If you don't have a DECA call up DIRECTV and they can send someone back out for not installing everything.

Prior to today's install I did not have SWM, just a legacy 6 way multiswitch.

I added the HR34 to my setup so I needed to SWM16 upgrade, so I think I'll be ok if DirecTV can send me the Deca adaptor for my second HR20.

#518 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

If you didn't have an RVU TV then you paid for an installation you shouldn't have (Assuming it wasn't credited to being with).

#519 OFFLINE   matthpd195

matthpd195

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

This happened on my order also, I have no RVU clients just the two HR20's & the HR34.

So hopefully I can get a credit for the second 49 install fee I paid!

#520 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

This happened on my order also, I have no RVU clients just the two HR20's & the HR34.

So hopefully I can get a credit for the second 49 install fee I paid!

Make sure it's the same fee that I posted not just an Installation Fee. There is a valid fee of $49 for installation that is applied to orders as well.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...