Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Official: HR34 pricing as of 2/9/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1280 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

So do I have to get whole home to be able to watch recorded shows on all 3 tvs?

Yes, if you want to watch shows on those TVs from a DVR in another room.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

So do I have to get whole home to be able to watch recorded shows on all 3 tvs?

Yes

#83 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Rats! You beat me to it! :)

#84 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

This is hard to believe. An owned HMC for free.

Employee?

It's already been established that it wasn't a legit retail sale as he tries to state it was. The unit he purchased was activated on an account prior to him getting it which changed it to owned. At this point he just likes randomly dropping in threads and stating he owns on.

Huh? Where are you guys getting anything that he said it was an owned unit? I don't see that anywhere on what he listed, and I was simply asking if anyone has been able to get it dropped shipped and no installation.

#85 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Huh? Where are you guys getting anything that he said it was an owned unit? I don't see that anywhere on what he listed, and I was simply asking if anyone has been able to get it dropped shipped and no installation.

Here:

DIRECTV® Home Media Center Server (Owned) Free 1 Free

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#86 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,911 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

I had the option of drop ship but needed a swm 16 added so went with the installlation.

Confirmation Date Total Installation & Delivery Order Status
02/09/12
$0.00 Professional Installation Thursday, February 16, 2012 (8AM to Noon) - Reschedule
Item Description Price Quantity Total
We appreciate your loyalty. Free 1 Free
DIRECTV® Home Media Center Server (Owned) Free 1 Free
MRV Install Free 1 Free
Advanced Receiver–HD Free 1 Free
HMC Receiver Condition Free 1 Free
Delivery and Handling Fee Free
Professional Installation Free
Tax $0.00
Order Total $0.00

See it, now? ;)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#87 OFFLINE   hanz_erichson

hanz_erichson

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Has anybody been able to obtain one for $150 or less without going the retention route? I don't want to threaten to quit when I have no plans on doing so if I don't get what I want. I just want one because it's the only way to be guaranteed a faster receiver than my current HR20 if I trade it in.

#88 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

This is hard to believe. An owned HMC for free.

Could be wrong, but he's probably a DirecTV employee. Possible clue is Alabama.

#89 OFFLINE   Doom878

Doom878

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Even if said DVR is the HR34?. I apologize as I am very confused. Doesn't the HR34 have the tech built in where I just have it installed and can watch recorded programs to a non-DVR box without getting Whole Home, a CCK, MRV, or any other additional fee? Again thank you all for your help.

#90 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Even if said DVR is the HR34?. I apologize as I am very confused. Doesn't the HR34 have the tech built in where I just have it installed and can watch recorded programs to a non-DVR box without getting Whole Home, a CCK, MRV, or any other additional fee? Again thank you all for your help.

It has the tech built in, but D* has decided to charge to use it.
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#91 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

I sure hope they'll let me have one without the CCK. This will be the only receiver in the house, replacing the current one-and-only DVR. I realize they're selling this as the HMC geared towards whole-home networking. But I don't want to pay for something I truly don't need.

It has an ethernet port, so can't I just plug it into my network to get it connected to the world? I'm happy to add a DECA bridge in the future if we ever set up another receiver/dvr/RVU box in the house.

- LoopinFool

They (retention) told me I needed whole home and a 2nd receiver on the account to get the HR34. Said they don't allow having an HR34 as your one and only receiver. I'm only repeating what I was told - I don't know any better;)

It would've cost me $760 with tax:eek2: I'm maxed out on credits, but $399 for HR34, $199 for whole home (I guess that includes SWM, which I need), $50 install (doesn't getting SWM count as install?), $50 upgrade fee, plus tax. Was gonna arrange for a free AM21 though:hurah:
HR20-100S/Seagate
H20-100
Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR SC-05
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
Sony PS3 Blu-Ray

#92 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Directv needs to get their CSR's on the same page. Seem like one does what he wants and the other won't do nothing. Seems like they have a problem in training their people. I will just stick with what I got for now. Good luck to everyone that's trying to get one at the lowest price.

#93 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Could be wrong, but he's probably a DirecTV employee. Possible clue is Alabama.

I need to change that I don't even live in AL anymore. I have been know to get free owned equipment for the work I do.

#94 OFFLINE   huskerhead

huskerhead

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Has anybody been able to obtain one for $150 or less without going the retention route? I don't want to threaten to quit when I have no plans on doing so if I don't get what I want. I just want one because it's the only way to be guaranteed a faster receiver than my current HR20 if I trade it in.

I never once said I was going to leave. I asked if there was a deal on the 34. There was and then the retention agent said I also qualified for another free hd-dvr and a year of free showtime. Also, by going the retention route your call gets answered much more quickly.

#95 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Said cancel twice

Really?

#96 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,024 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Here:

See it, now? ;)

Thanks! Evidently, I'm partially blind today! :)

#97 ONLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks! Evidently, I'm partially blind today! :)

Somedays I'm blind, deaf, and dumb.

#98 OFFLINE   millercentral

millercentral

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Called and ordered mine today. Reached retention with the "Cancel", "Cancel" command for the IVR, and said I wanted to replace one of my DVRs with the HR-34.

The very nice CS agent said the normal price was $399 + install, but my account was allowed to have it for $150 installed. SOLD! Note, I never asked for a discount, she opened with this. Install is on Saturday.

I've been a DirecTV member since 2000. With service like that, I'll be a member for many more years to come.

#99 OFFLINE   LoopinFool

LoopinFool

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

They (retention) told me I needed whole home and a 2nd receiver on the account to get the HR34. Said they don't allow having an HR34 as your one and only receiver. I'm only repeating what I was told - I don't know any better;)

I've heard the same, but really hope to avoid it. We have no need for MRV. I just want more than two tuners without continuing to have two separate boxes with separate storage. The potential for future expansion (via MRV and RVU) is a bonus.

- LoopinFool

#100 OFFLINE   bookwalk

bookwalk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

I have the old Choice Extra + Hd DVR package, so $7 DVR fee is included. I have 2 HR 20's. Am a customer since 2007.

If I replace one with the HR 34, then do I need the 2nd HR 20 or can I get by with a H20 receiver only?

How will it affect the DVR fee ($7) and the Leased Receiver fee ($6) if I replace the HR 20 with an H20 and the other HR 20 with the HR 34?

Will the $7 fee go up to $20 (or is that just for new customers) for the HR 34?

What happens to the $6 fee?

spam firewall