Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Prime Ticket moving to channel 693 February 15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Per a special message on channel 693-1, Prime Ticket is moving to channel 693 on February 15. I wonder if this means they're making room for the new Padres FSN channel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Could be, I wonder of those of us in the San Diego DMA will lose FSW & PT?
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#3 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

odd there's not much news on it, P&C report soon!

http://www.ucsdguard...-sports-channel
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#4 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Per a special message on channel 693-1, Prime Ticket is moving to channel 693 on February 15. I wonder if this means they're making room for the new Padres FSN channel.

Aren't the Lakers moving to their own channel soon, too? DTV might need lots of room for all these single team channels.

Edited by Devo1237, 09 February 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Could be, I wonder of those of us in the San Diego DMA will lose FSW & PT?

I think we keep FSN West, but might lose Prime Ticket. Last I read, the Padres were the only thing going on the San Diego market channel, if it's even full time to start. If it is full time, it's supposed to be a mirror of Prime save for Padre Games...
List is getting short….FMC HD, ID HD, Sundance HD, and Encore HD Channels.

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Not to mention, I have never once seen 693 used for anything. It was always an alternate channel, just as 695 was. I hoping that they are doing this and getting rid of the alternate channels since they have never been used from the guide, and then they will have a nice place to put the lakers channels and the San Diego channel.

#7 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Aren't the Lakers moving to their own channel soon, too? DTV might need lots of room for all these single team channels.

DTV also needs room CSN Philly and TCN Philly / CSN Philly + to be next to each other.

Also pack 12 needs the main channels + the alt's / Regional channels
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#8 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Not to mention, I have never once seen 693 used for anything. It was always an alternate channel, just as 695 was. I hoping that they are doing this and getting rid of the alternate channels since they have never been used from the guide, and then they will have a nice place to put the lakers channels and the San Diego channel.

The network will broadcast other Southern California teams, such as the Los Angeles Clippers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, which are normally shown on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket

So will it be a sub feed? a alt feed?

Will directv make it like some of the other FSN feeds where it will be not full time?

#9 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

odd there's not much news on it, P&C report soon!

http://www.ucsdguard...-sports-channel

Until the new Padres ownership is officially approved by MLB, I don't think we'll hear much news. But a resolution, one way or the other, must take place soon. After all, we are in February and still no TV deal yet for the Padres!

#10 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

The network will broadcast other Southern California teams, such as the Los Angeles Clippers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, which are normally shown on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket

Will directv make it like some of the other FSN feeds where it will be not full time?

Well, If FS retain the rights to the Dodgers then there would only be alternate feeds during baseball season. Or there may be an alternate channel just so they could accommodate all the SD college sports they wish to broadcast.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#11 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

What network are you talking about? Those teams are on fsn west and pt, or local channels only. The alternate channels have never been used for any of the teams in the la dma. I fact I am not sure those channels have ever actually been turned on and haven't smply been placeholders in case a situation came up where they where needed, but it never has.

The new lakers channels will have the lakers and the galaxy, but that's all that's signed up with them so far. I suspect they may eventually land the dodgers as well, but that's about it. They won't do hockey I don't think, to many conflicts with the lakers.

#12 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Well, If FS retain the rights to the Dodgers then there would only be alternate feeds during baseball season. Or there may be an alternate channel just so they could accommodate all the SD college sports they wish to broadcast.

Why? They currently have all seven major sports inbetween the two channels now and have never used the alternate channels, what makes you think they'd need them now that they are definitely loosing two of their teams as it is, and maybe a third at some point?

Don't forget that some games are shown on ota channels.

#13 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

The Sports range of channels needs to be expanded from just 600-699 to something like 600-750 with all the new networks coming out soon.

#14 OFFLINE   charlie460

charlie460

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Ridiculous waste of bandwidth if this is a 24/7 channel. Hopefully DirecTV makes it a temp channel.

#15 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Ridiculous waste of bandwidth if this is a 24/7 channel. Hopefully DirecTV makes it a temp channel.

well The network will broadcast other Southern California teams, such as the Los Angeles Clippers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, which are normally shown on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket

makes seem like Directv can work it like the other FSN sub feeds.

#16 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

well The network will broadcast other Southern California teams, such as the Los Angeles Clippers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, which are normally shown on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket makes seem like Directv can work it like the other FSN sub feeds.

He was talking about the Time Warner Lakers channels (yes there's going to be 2 of them, English and Spanish) that are launching next season.

Multichannel News: Time Warner Scores L.A. Lakers Regional Sports Network Rights - MSO Will Launch Two New Nets, Including Nation's First Hispanic RSN, As Part Of 20-Year Deal With NBA Champs

#17 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

DTV also needs room CSN Philly and TCN Philly / CSN Philly + to be next to each other.

Also pack 12 needs the main channels + the alt's / Regional channels

I'm thinking those will go to 657 and 658 to be next to the Pittsburgh RSN, IF we ever get them.

It looks like they're making room for the two new Laker RSNs, 694 and 695. The new FSN-SD could go to 691. CSN-NW could go anywhere between 688 to 690.

I still vote for game only channels though, no need for so many 24/7 RSN's.

#18 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm thinking those will go to 657 and 658 to be next to the Pittsburgh RSN, IF we ever get them.

It looks like they're making room for the two new Laker RSNs, 694 and 695. The new FSN-SD could go to 691. CSN-NW could go anywhere between 688 to 690.

I still vote for game only channels though, no need for so many 24/7 RSN's.

Game only channels doesn't free up space for more hd channels, so I don't see the point in working about that.

#19 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

well The network will broadcast other Southern California teams, such as the Los Angeles Clippers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, which are normally shown on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket

makes seem like Directv can work it like the other FSN sub feeds.

As someone else said, we are talking about the new twc channels, which at the moment have contracts for the lakers and la galaxy, and are obviously going to be bidding like crazy for the dodgers or angels to fill out their year.

#20 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

It looks like they're making room for the two new Laker RSNs, 694 and 695.

I'm thinking they are making room for FSN San Diego on 694. FSN San Diego now has its own website: http://www.foxsportssandiego.com/ It just states "coming soon," so no content yet, it is under construction!

spam firewall