Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Prime Ticket moving to channel 693 February 15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Also remember Comcast has the Astros and Rockets I believe this year too. Will FSNHouston be dropped with a name change?
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 921 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

This may be unpopular to say, but I think DirecTV should do a restructuring of the channel lineup. I'm not stating this loosely. This is costly. It is inconvenient for many. But a new template may be in order. And it last happened in July 1999, one year after USSB ended and its channels (especially from Viacom) went directly to DirecTV.

Now that we can access four-digit channel numbers (which I'd use for categories such as pay per view; foreign languages; and, as already the case, On Demand), one-hundred blocks can be set up. With sports, DirecTV could use a one-hundred block for regional sports; another one-hundred block for national sports; and two one-hundred blocks for seasonal sports.

Example Guide:

002–069 Locals (070–099 Distant Networks)
100–499 Non-premiums (arranged in categories but, within this, would be HD Extra Pack)
500–599 Regional sports (Fox Sports, Comcast SportsNet, Root Sports, et al.)
600–699 National sports (ESPN suites, The Golf Channel, Speed, The Tennis Channel, NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB Network, et al.)
700–899 Seasonal-subscription sports (NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, et al.)
900–999 Premium movies (HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, et al.)

Edited by APB101, 10 February 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I agree that they need to redo the channels, I hate that the HD Extra pack is not located next to all the regular channels in the 200-350 range.

#24 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

I agree that they need to redo the channels, I hate that the HD Extra pack is not located next to all the regular channels in the 200-350 range.

Well it is technically a premium package since you have to pay 5 bucks extra, so it makes more sense to have them next to the premium movie channels.

#25 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Also remember Comcast has the Astros and Rockets I believe this year too. Will FSNHouston be dropped with a name change?

The Astros will still be on FSN this season as will the Rockets. So that won't be necessary until next year.
Go Big Red!!!

#26 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

The Astros will still be on FSN this season as will the Rockets. So that won't be necessary until next year.

Yeah plus FS Houston has signed a new long term agreement for Rangers games (simulcast from FS Southwest), and it will still carry the area's college sports, so it won't disappear after the Astros and Rockets leave.

Houston Chronicle: Astros, Rockets finalize deal to launch TV network (Be sure to read both pages).

#27 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Example Guide:

100–499 Non-premiums (arranged in categories but, within this, would be HD Extra Pack)
600–699 National sports (ESPN suites, The Golf Channel, Speed, The Tennis Channel, NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB Network, et al.)
700–899 Seasonal-subscription sports (NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, et al.)

I'd rather have the National sports networks ahead of the regional networks.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#28 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'd rather have the National sports networks ahead of the regional networks.

also put HD Extra Pack in the Premium movies area
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#29 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah plus FS Houston has signed a new long term agreement for Rangers games (simulcast from FS Southwest), and it will still carry the area's college sports, so it won't disappear after the Astros and Rockets leave.

Houston Chronicle: Astros, Rockets finalize deal to launch TV network (Be sure to read both pages).

But will comcast and other systems keep FSN?

The other comcast sports net's show FSN college sports and directv can just give people CSN Houston and FS Southwest

#30 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

But will comcast and other systems keep FSN?

The other comcast sports net's show FSN college sports and directv can just give people CSN Houston and FS Southwest

I'm guessing D* will just leave FS Houston like it is now, live games only. Other providers I have no idea.

CSN Houston is anybody's guess. Who knows, D* might not even carry it at all.

When Houston has 2 RSN's, FS Houston will probably show the national FSN shows and CSN Houston will show more CSN produced shows, kinda like how FS West and Prime Ticket do now.

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 11 February 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#31 OFFLINE   Sports_Fan

Sports_Fan

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I like to know if San Diego Padres will be a local has in the Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lackers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks that are on on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket channels or will be a mlb extra innings package to watch San Diego Padres games.

Has far has the FSN San Diego Channel Here is my teams should bid on FSN San Diego Channel to broadcast on FSN San Diego Channel.

San Diego Chargers
San Diego State Men's and Womens college Basketball or mountain west conference over flow college basketball and football college games form the Mtn channel.
San Diego High School football and basketball Game of the week like Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket channels.
Lee Hamilton Broadcast Live Radio Show on XX1090 AM Radio from 10:00PM PST to 2:00PM PST

#32 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

...Los Angeles Lackers...

This is a pretty funny typo.

I don't think anyone knows the answers to your questions yet, except maybe the people at Fox and the various teams who are negotiating for carriage.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#33 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

This is a pretty funny typo.

I don't think anyone knows the answers to your questions yet, except maybe the people at Fox and the various teams who are negotiating for carriage.

also there is a difference from cable FSN and Directv FSN in areas that more then 1 FSN / FSN sub feed cover. FSN's do some times show stuff from other FSN in the area to fill time and Directv has some FSN feeds as game only.

Also MLB blackout / team area rules as a big mess as well.

#34 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,592 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I like to know if San Diego Padres will be a local has in the Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lackers and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks that are on on Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket channels or will be a mlb extra innings package to watch San Diego Padres games.

Has far has the FSN San Diego Channel Here is my teams should bid on FSN San Diego Channel to broadcast on FSN San Diego Channel.

San Diego Chargers
San Diego State Men's and Womens college Basketball or mountain west conference over flow college basketball and football college games form the Mtn channel.
San Diego High School football and basketball Game of the week like Fox Sports Prime Ticket. Fox Sports Prime Ticket channels.
Lee Hamilton Broadcast Live Radio Show on XX1090 AM Radio from 10:00PM PST to 2:00PM PST

Well San Diego doesn't have an NBA or NHL team team so the "Lackers" :lol: Clippers, Ducks and Rangers are still considered in-market on Prime Ticket and FS West as they always have.

For baseball it'll still be the same blackout rules, Padres are in market and Dodgers and Angels are out of market and may require a Sports Pack subscription to watch.

College sports don't usually have blackouts for live games unless ESPN GamePlan/Full Court decide they should.

I'm guessing FS San Diego will be a live-game only channel (just like FS Kansas City, FS Indiana, RS Utah, FS Tennessee, FS Carolinas, etc.) and FS West and Prime Ticket will have everything but baseball in the clear in San Diego.

For pro-team/RSN availability, check http://www.directv.c...assetId=3450006

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 12 February 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 444 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

This may be unpopular to say, but I think DirecTV should do a restructuring of the channel lineup. I'm not stating this loosely. This is costly. It is inconvenient for many. But a new template may be in order. And it last happened in July 1999, one year after USSB ended and its channels (especially from Viacom) went directly to DirecTV.

Now that we can access four-digit channel numbers (which I'd use for categories such as pay per view; foreign languages; and, as already the case, On Demand), one-hundred blocks can be set up. With sports, DirecTV could use a one-hundred block for regional sports; another one-hundred block for national sports; and two one-hundred blocks for seasonal sports.

Example Guide:

I wholeheartedly agree, I assume you'd mix the Spanish channels into where they'd logically fit in the guide (Discovery en Espanol with the other Discovery channels; add a guide filter to hide/show only Spanish channels for those who don't want to see them, like the "hide SD duplicates" option).

I make this change, though: when you buy the sports-sub package it just un-blacks-out (is that a word? is now!) the game on the RSN it's supposed to be on. No separate channels. That means we'd have to get TSN and RDS and other Canadian networks, or at least just have a -1 temp channel for the games mixed in the RSN section.

My version:
2-69: Locals
70-99: DNS
100-499: "Cable" channels, carefully organized, leaving room between categories for additions and flow. If the "Kids" section stops at 241, don't start the next group till 250.
500-549: National Sports. (ESPN, MLB, NFL, NBCSN, etc)
550-599: National college sports (The Mtn, CBS SN, Big 10, a placeholder for Longhorn that says "Longhorn is too damn expensive", etc)
600-749: RSNs, in geographic order, leaving space for additions. Only make Alt channels show up when they're being used (that way you can add NESN+ -for example- in a favorites list but it only appears when there is something "upcoming." Leave room for Canadian RSN/alts for Seasonal Sports Subs.
750-799: Sports that aren't on RSN that have packages (Sunday Ticket, Tennis Open Court, UEFA).
800s: Premiums
900s: Sonic Tap. if we must have it. Give Pandora and YouTube a channel number for fun.
1000s: Cinema
1100-1999: On-demand. Networks on-demand can be put in here somewhere, but all other channels should be like they are now; same channel but 1000 higher.
2000+ leave it alone (unless someone has a better idea.)

Edited by ejbvt, 12 February 2012 - 07:53 PM.
typos

#36 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, I assume you'd mix the Spanish channels into where they'd logically fit in the guide (Discovery en Espanol with the other Discovery channels; add a guide filter to hide/show only Spanish channels for those who don't want to see them, like the "hide SD duplicates" option).

I make this change, though: when you buy the sports-sub package it just un-blacks-out (is that a word? is now!) the game on the RSN it's supposed to be on. No separate channels. That means we'd have to get TSN and RDS and other Canadian networks, or at least just have a -1 temp channel for the games mixed in the RSN section.

My version:
2-69: Locals
70-99: DNS
100-499: "Cable" channels, carefully organized, leaving room between categories for additions and flow. If the "Kids" section stops at 241, don't start the next group till 250.
500-549: National Sports. (ESPN, MLB, NFL, NBCSN, etc)
550-599: National college sports (The Mtn, CBS SN, Big 10, a placeholder for Longhorn that says "Longhorn is too damn expensive", etc)
600-749: RSNs, in geographic order, leaving space for additions. Only make Alt channels show up when they're being used (that way you can add NESN+ -for example- in a favorites list but it only appears when there is something "upcoming." Leave room for Canadian RSN/alts for Seasonal Sports Subs.
750-799: Sports that aren't on RSN that have packages (Sunday Ticket, Tennis Open Court, UEFA).
800s: Premiums
900s: Sonic Tap. if we must have it. Give Pandora and YouTube a channel number for fun.
1000s: Cinema
1100-1999: On-demand. Networks on-demand can be put in here somewhere, but all other channels should be like they are now; same channel but 1000 higher.
2000+ leave it alone (unless someone has a better idea.)

Event PPV has to go some where and adult ppv / channels can go in the Premiums area.

Put Networks on-demand in the 1000's range. or DNS +1000

Edited by JoeTheDragon, 12 February 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 444 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

I like DNS+1000 for networks, it'd be the only place where they'd be consistent numbers nationwide (Even if most people can't use them!)

I bet Event PPV could fit in the 1000s range with the Cinema. As it is now, Cinema is only a max of 75 channels. This method gives them about the same if networks-on-demand didn't start until like ch. 1090. Remove some (or all) of the SD Cinema movies (how do people PAY for SD movies?!?!) and put PPV events like UFC there. Max the bandwidth to UFC when it's on. I couldn't care less about UFC but I know if I paid $50+ for something, it have better be perfect. I didn't understand why they even need the PPV channels when all you have to do is select the movie's "picture" in the guide. After posting yesterday either here on DBS or SatGuys about not understanding why the PPV channels even were there since all you have to do is select the "picture" where it says "Watch instantly", I noticed today that my H25 doesn't have the "pictures" answering my own question! You can see how often I use the H25, usually the gf uses it.

#38 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

I like DNS+1000 for networks, it'd be the only place where they'd be consistent numbers nationwide (Even if most people can't use them!)

I bet Event PPV could fit in the 1000s range with the Cinema. As it is now, Cinema is only a max of 75 channels. This method gives them about the same if networks-on-demand didn't start until like ch. 1090. Remove some (or all) of the SD Cinema movies (how do people PAY for SD movies?!?!) and put PPV events like UFC there. Max the bandwidth to UFC when it's on. I couldn't care less about UFC but I know if I paid $50+ for something, it have better be perfect. I didn't understand why they even need the PPV channels when all you have to do is select the movie's "picture" in the guide. After posting yesterday either here on DBS or SatGuys about not understanding why the PPV channels even were there since all you have to do is select the "picture" where it says "Watch instantly", I noticed today that my H25 doesn't have the "pictures" answering my own question! You can see how often I use the H25, usually the gf uses it.

alot of the ppv slots are used for RSN over flow, NFL ST and other part time stuff.

#39 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

I wish Fox Sports San Diego would pick up the KCAL 9 Lakers games for the rest of the season.
It's only tv!

#40 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,126 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

No change in channel numbers could include any channels going into the 4 digit realm unless they are channels that only work on advanced equipment, like the on demand channels. There are still many boxes out there that are in use that cant tune to a four digit channel.

And as much as I would enjoy them remapping channels, I don't see it happening, since they have some agreements that actually include where a channel can fall in the list in the first place, like CNN and espn.

For sports packs, I think itd be great if they mirrored the sports pack channels in the say 7000 range, and gave each team in every sport two channels, one for away games and one for home games, and left it in the guide all the time. This would make it so easy for people with sports packs to always know what channels to look at for games to record for the teams they wanted to follow.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...