Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Video game project goes on kickstarter, breaks records

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,488 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

Tim Schafer (Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle) started a funding project on Kickstarter for a new game, trying to raise $400,000. That was hit in about 8 hours, and now it's over one million, with a month of funding to go.

Quite amazing really.

http://www.kickstart...-fine-adventure

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,488 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

$2.89 million, 28 hours left. Will it hit $3? Maybe. It'd be cool if it made that after Amazon and Kickstarter take their cuts but that could be $200,000 to $300,000.

Edited by dpeters11, 12 March 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

Pledged and collected are 2 different things.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,488 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

The money is guaranteed to be transferred from the backer's accounts, it's an automatic debit via Amazon Payments upon successful funding. I have seen no evidence that Kickstarter has not actually transferred funds (other than their 5%), and know of several successful projects locally.

9 hours to go, they're over $3 million.

Funded at $3.3.

Edited by dpeters11, 13 March 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

The money is guaranteed to be transferred from the backer's accounts, it's an automatic debit via Amazon Payments upon successful funding. I have seen no evidence that Kickstarter has not actually transferred funds (other than their 5%), and know of several successful projects locally.

9 hours to go, they're over $3 million.

Funded at $3.3.

You could sign up to donate 100k but that doesn't mean your CC can handle it. I'm not trying to diminish what they've done so far but I would be very surprised at this point if they received the full pledged amount at this time.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,488 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Maybe, but about $1.5 million of it was just from $15 and $30 pledges. There were 4 $10,000 pledges though. If those went through they get lunch with Tim Schaefer among other things.

spam firewall