Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TV Apps Not Working - HR24

l713

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Fraaaak

Fraaaak

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

301 in an internal error from the receiver about the network.
With my router, the 201 network error [system info screen] is when TVApps work.

Oh good, then they are using HTTP status codes.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   johnchart

johnchart

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

I have the 301 problem. Redid network setup to no avail. Now on all my recorded programs & new ones I record have a lot of info missing such as the star rating on movies and things like actors names, etc. in the cast & crew area. What is going on?

John

#23 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I have the 301 problem. Redid network setup to no avail. Now on all my recorded programs & new ones I record have a lot of info missing such as the star rating on movies and things like actors names, etc. in the cast & crew area. What is going on?

John

The lost info is because you have just had a new version of the firmware downloaded to your box. It can take a few days before the additional info is downloaded.

#24 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,264 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

On my new HR34 had the 301 initializing error for TV Apps since install Friday. Tried starting "Network Services" though I've never believed it has anything to do with any current feature functionality. Failed to start on "Automatic." Set it to "Manual" and assigned ports and opened them in my router. Network Services now starts but TV Apps still won't work, 301 error.

On a suggestion from another poster on the forum here, use a static IP on the box and change the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 (Google's).

TV Apps finally working, but now Network Services stops won't work with that DNS address, though its irrelevant. Go figure ... :rolleyes:

#25 OFFLINE   mwg47x

mwg47x

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have never gotten TV apps or You Tube etc. to work here.
Maybe it's a firewall thing.
What protocol/port numbers do I need to open up?

#26 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

I wouldnt try to start now... TVApps are very unreliable these days.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#27 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

^^^
Amen to that. May as well just can them if they're not going to work.

#28 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I too had this error, I had to move my DVR to the DMZ setting on my router. Once I did that everything worked fine again. I noticed the issue after the latest firmware upgrade. We first noticed it after the DVR was no longer showing up in MRV. I reset the router and box w/out success, I figured the next step was to check ports and decided to move it to DMZ. Now hopefully nobody plans an attack on D* dvrs online. The weird thing was my other two MRV boxes were working fine with apps and connected fine to the Internet.

#29 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

I too had this error, I had to move my DVR to the DMZ setting on my router. Once I did that everything worked fine again. I noticed the issue after the latest firmware upgrade. We first noticed it after the DVR was no longer showing up in MRV. I reset the router and box w/out success, I figured the next step was to check ports and decided to move it to DMZ. Now hopefully nobody plans an attack on D* dvrs online. The weird thing was my other two MRV boxes were working fine with apps and connected fine to the Internet.

While perhaps it will cause no eventual issues, its hard to believe exposing the DVR to all that trash on the public internet can be good for it in any way.

#30 OFFLINE   wxguy

wxguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I wouldnt try to start now... TVApps are very unreliable these days.

The TVApps have been unreliable for months. Hard to imagine that a "high tech" company would be so incapable of making this work correctly. They broke it last Feb when the last software was installed.

#31 OFFLINE   scubasteve

scubasteve

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

The TVApps have been unreliable for months. Hard to imagine that a "high tech" company would be so incapable of making this work correctly. They broke it last Feb when the last software was installed.

You mean the same high tech company that always sends emails to "Dear Valued Customer" because they haven't figured out how to personalize outgoing emails? Glad I have never even looked into the tv apps

-s

#32 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,301 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

I've never had a problem with TV apps, though I go there only when a question comes up about them on the forum. However, they are dead now. Dead, Jim, dead. At least on my LR units, an H25 and HR20-700.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#33 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Not smart my friend. Not smart.

DirecTV customer since 1996

#34 OFFLINE   ktk0117

ktk0117

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I've never had a problem with TV apps, though I go there only when a question comes up about them on the forum. However, they are dead now. Dead, Jim, dead. At least on my LR units, an H25 and HR20-700.

I'm in the same exact boat. I noticed 3 days of automatic software updates, all landed around 4 am.

After the first "Update",I had no apps, no youtube, no pandora, and no images for shows, no suggestions, etc.

Then after "Update" #2, I had youtube & pandora, but no apps, images for shows, no suggestions, etc.

Third "Update" everything is working except I still do not have Apps, getting error "301" since Friday.

I use those apps daily, so it really sucks not having it.
DTV HR24-700,
DTV HR21-100,
DTV HR21-700
DTV R10 Tivo,
DTV R15
Toshiba 57HX83 HD CRT
Vizio VX32L HD LCD
Vizio VP322 HD Plasma

#35 OFFLINE   retromzc

retromzc

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

TVapps and posters started working again for me last night on my HR24-500 receiver after a few days of being absent.
R. B.

1 H20-100 receiver
1 HR24-500 dvr receiver
Sony 40" lcd
Sony XBR46HX929 led

#36 OFFLINE   KAL

KAL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

Have been having the "301" error since friday. Just got off the phone with tech support. Was told that there is an ongoing issue going on and that their engineers are working on the issue.

EDIT: Meant to actually say they told me they're currently working on "system upgrades"

Edited by KAL, 07 May 2012 - 10:45 AM.

HR24-100
FIOS - Phone & 25/25 internet

#37 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,301 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Well, at least on my BR unit, H25-700, I now have them. Will check other units later.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#38 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Well, at least on my BR unit, H25-700, I now have them. Will check other units later.

Similar situation here I guess;

Have five receivers, haven't checked them all yet, but so far an HR21 in the kitchen still has TV Apps, while after some struggle to get them going on my HR34 as I posted early yesterday, they stopped working on that unit by evening :( . The dreaded "301 initialization" error message again. :mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...