Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hr34 not connecting to internet well

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

My new HR34 is hit or miss on conecting to the Internet, I have 4 other DVRs (HR20, HR22, & 2 HR23's) all 5 connected via SWM and using DECA for MRV with a wired CCK for Internet connectivity.

All DVRs except the HR34 connect ok bringing up TV Apps fine. However the HR34 will fail on connecting to most of the TV Apps and does not have "wallpaper" for the VOD listings beginning on channel 125 like the others do. I have had SWM, DECA, CCK and the HR34 installed only since last Wednesday.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I wonder if having more than 8 tuners on your SWM system is causing any problems.
Since adding the HR34 brought the count up to 13.

I see you had problems and got them resolved, Right?

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=201496
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wonder if having more than 8 tuners on your SWM system is causing any problems.
Since adding the HR34 brought the count up to 13.

I see you had problems and got them resolved, Right?

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=201496

No I didn't have problems I was trying to learn the ropes because I didn't get a warm and fuzzy with the Directv tech. In the end I knew more about it than him but he got it all working.

Now all dvrs still connect to the Internet fine but the HR34 is kinda hit or miss. I'm running a movie download test right now - so far so good but the TV Apps don't seem to work on the HR34 but do on the other 4 DVRs. Also the HR34 dosen't put the nice colorful graphics on the download channels at 125 like my other DVRs do. The HR34 says it's connected to the Internet and the movie download verifies that (about 10% now) but for some reason some of the stuff doesn't work. I was thinking about disconnecting the CCK and going straight through the HR34 for all Internet access but don't know if that would make a difference or not and if it did why would that be the case.

#4 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

No I didn't have problems I was trying to learn the ropes because I didn't get a warm and fuzzy with the Directv tech. In the end I knew more about it than him but he got it all working.

Now all dvrs still connect to the Internet fine but the HR34 is kinda hit or miss. I'm running a movie download test right now - so far so good but the TV Apps don't seem to work on the HR34 but do on the other 4 DVRs. Also the HR34 dosen't put the nice colorful graphics on the download channels at 125 like my other DVRs do. The HR34 says it's connected to the Internet and the movie download verifies that (about 10% now) but for some reason some of the stuff doesn't work. I was thinking about disconnecting the CCK and going straight through the HR34 for all Internet access but don't know if that would make a difference or not and if it did why would that be the case.

When you experieince the problem again, verify your IP address for all of yur HR boxes and make sure that your router is properly assigning a uniqe ID.

#5 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,766 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

What's the software version the HR34 is running?

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#6 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

What's the software version the HR34 is running?

The HR34 is running the old software before the 1080p graphics upgrade. My 4 DVRs are running the new software. The HR34 is runing 0x4c9 while the others are running 0x57b. Have no idea how to get the new HR34 up to the same software version my others are on since I have already gone through the upgrade process all one night back in mid December on the other DVRs. Also don't know if that is the problem since I don't remember having this problem before my old DVRs were upgraded.

The Weather TV App works on the HR34 but the one called Scoreguide won't work on the HR34 but does on the others. It gets a "not available" message. Getting this same message on many others that work on all the other DVRs but not the HR34. Also some of the graphics on the TV Apps are missing on the HR34 such as on Social TV and Flickr. Weird stuff.

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,835 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

As I suggested in the other thread, reset your network settings and then Connect Now.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Have no idea how to get the new HR34 up to the same software version my others are on

You can't.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#9 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

As I suggested in the other thread, reset your network settings and then Connect Now.

Nope didn't help. Strange that it will connect to some of the TV Apps and won't others while my HR23's and others will connect to all without a problem.

#10 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,766 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nope didn't help. Strange that it will connect to some of the TV Apps and won't others while my HR23's and others will connect to all without a problem.

How's the HR34 connected to the Internet? Via the DECA network or it's Ethernet Port?

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#11 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

How's the HR34 connected to the Internet? Via the DECA network or it's Ethernet Port?

Through the DECA or I guess more accruately the CCK.

#12 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Through the DECA or I guess more accruately the CCK.

I would try to direct connect to the hr34 and take out the cck, The hr34 will bridge it to the other receivers for you

#13 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

I would try to direct connect to the hr34 and take out the cck, The hr34 will bridge it to the other receivers for you

Is using the HR34 instead of the CCK the recommended setup?

#14 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,654 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

Is using the HR34 instead of the CCK the recommended setup?

It is a supported method, if that helps.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall