Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 not taking remote recordings

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

I've tried to set a couple of recording up for the HR34 on Directv's site and using the mobile phone app (Android) but they're not showing up on the receiver. I've done a couple on the HR24 and they show up almost immediately. Can you not do this with the HR34 yet?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,600 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Does the HR34 show it's connected to the internet?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,201 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

I have not gotten it to work yet.

#4 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Yeah it's connected to the internet. Already downloaded something on demand. I didn't think internet was required for this though?

#5 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Does the HR34 show it's connected to the internet?

Yeah it's connected to the internet. Already downloaded something on demand. I didn't think internet was required for this though?

No internet required for this feature
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#6 OFFLINE   Arius1

Arius1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Mine didn't work the first day but after that its worked. It worked via the web first and then my phone (via the app) finally saw it.

#7 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Mine didn't work the first day but after that its worked. It worked via the web first and then my phone (via the app) finally saw it.

I just tried it through the site (On my computer), and it took it immediately (Set it up for something that was currently showing). Strange. I could see if NEITHER receiver were taking requests from the app, but not just one.

#8 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Maybe a reboot will fix it?

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

Maybe a reboot will fix it?

Kevin

THAT did it! But now it's telling me the HR34 doesn't allow padding lol I pad EVERYTHING so kinda useless if it doesn't allow that. Or will it adhere to recording defaults (Defaults say to pad everything 5 mins)?

#10 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Just checked, and even though you can't set padding through the app (Or can't seem to anyway), remote recordings DO adhere to recording defaults on the HR34!

#11 OFFLINE   Arius1

Arius1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yeah it takes what you set as default. IMO direct needs to be a bit more interactive with the HR34. I know its new but they need to get these little features working.

#12 OFFLINE   bobsbug

bobsbug

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

I had a similar problem with my HR34 but discovered a work around. I was unable to create a remote recording for any *future* program (via directv web page and android app). If a program was currently playing, then the recording worked fine. On my HR34 I could see numerous recording attempts had failed with the following error: This remote recording was canceled because another matching program was scheduled to record (3011). These errors show under Menu / Manage Recordings / History. I then thought maybe the problem was due to a keyword search I had previously put in place. When I deleted the keyword search (via series manager), my remote recordings worked just fine. After some testing, it seems that any keyword search within your series manager will cause remote recording failures of any future program (even if the keyword doesn't match anything with what you're trying to record). I just came from an HR21 and have never run into this issue so I'm guessing this is a HR34 problem. I wanted to mention this here in case anyone runs into this same issue, and maybe DirectTV is reading.

#13 OFFLINE   Motorcop33

Motorcop33

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Just got HR34 and I tried to schedule a recording thru the IPhone app on to my HR34 and I got a error msg stating"The following receiver(s) do not support record padding" what the hell is that? I then tried my wife's IPad2 and I was able to schedule a recording thru the app onto the HR34 .????

Edited by Motorcop33, 18 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,467 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just got HR34 and I tried to schedule a recording thru the IPhone app on to my HR34 and I got a error msg stating"The following receiver(s) do not support record padding" what the hell is that? I then tried my wife's IPad2 and I was able to schedule a recording thru the app onto the HR34 .????

I tried scheduling a padded recording from my iPhone today and it would not let me. That seems so weird for the HR34. I dont get it. It takes remote recordings just fine just no padding. Anyone know if that is being worked on?

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-100 Owned, HR20-700 Owned (Not Active), R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR44-500 Owned. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#15 OFFLINE   Odys

Odys

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I tried scheduling a padded recording from my iPhone today and it would not let me. That seems so weird for the HR34. I dont get it. It takes remote recordings just fine just no padding. Anyone know if that is being worked on?

I just posted about this same issue on another thread. Weird. My iphone app lets me add padding to my HR20, but not my HR34. The HR34 remote scheduling works great as long as I don't try to add padding.

#16 OFFLINE   penguin44

penguin44

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

I had a similar problem with my HR34 but discovered a work around. I was unable to create a remote recording for any *future* program (via directv web page and android app). If a program was currently playing, then the recording worked fine. On my HR34 I could see numerous recording attempts had failed with the following error: This remote recording was canceled because another matching program was scheduled to record (3011). These errors show under Menu / Manage Recordings / History. I then thought maybe the problem was due to a keyword search I had previously put in place. When I deleted the keyword search (via series manager), my remote recordings worked just fine. After some testing, it seems that any keyword search within your series manager will cause remote recording failures of any future program (even if the keyword doesn't match anything with what you're trying to record). I just came from an HR21 and have never run into this issue so I'm guessing this is a HR34 problem. I wanted to mention this here in case anyone runs into this same issue, and maybe DirectTV is reading.

Similar issue with my hr21. I get constant "this recording failed because the programme is no longer available." however I just set it via the guide and a current airing program said the same thing. How can it be no longer available if I'm actually watching it.

#17 OFFLINE   archer75

archer75

Godfather

• Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, mine's doing the same thing. In fact it will schedule some remote recordings but not most even though I get confirmation emails for the shows.

I wish they would give you more options on the website when setting up these recordings.

#18 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

No padding allowed here either! I just got around it by setting up a manual recording. The HR34 is a little buggy but it will get worked out eventually.

#19 OFFLINE   Chuck W

Chuck W

Icon

• Registered
  • 827 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

No padding allowed here either! I just got around it by setting up a manual recording. The HR34 is a little buggy but it will get worked out eventually.

In this case, I'm skeptical that it's the HR34 that's the issue. I'm wondering if the Directv app needs updating to communicate properly with the HR34.

Directv since 1999

Current Equipment:

HR34-700 -> Denon AVR-X2000 -> Sony 40" KDL40XBR4
HR24-500 -> Yamaha RX-V675 -> Samsung 40" UN40F6300

HR24-500 -> Sony NSZ-GT1 with Google TV -> LG 32" 32LD450
HR20-700 -> Insignia 26" NS-26L450A11

#20 OFFLINE   sequin

sequin

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Thanks so much for posting your findings on this! I'm a new DirecTV customer (HR34 and two H25's installed last week) and had been repeatedly receiving the 3011 error when submitting future recording requests online. I went in and deleted my keyword search auto-record item (MLB + Rangers) and now the online recording requests work just fine.

I sure hope they get this fixed soon, as I'd really like to be able to use the keyword search auto-record feature.

Other than this, I'm very happy with DirecTV.

#21 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 410 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

The iPad app allows padding but I've had some issues with it recently with my HR24

#22 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Any updates on padding?

My 34 won't accept padding through my iphone either!

#23 OFFLINE   eball

eball

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

This is an old thread but came up for my search. I have six DVRs in my home -- three HR24s, two HR23s, and one HR34. The HR34 will not take recordings from the web or mobile app. Any thoughts?

#24 OFFLINE   swaits

swaits

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Disable "Genie Recommendations". I know that sounds bat**** insane. But it's what a CSR told me to do and it instantly fixed it for me.

Sometimes mine starts failing to remote record again. I just go turn on GR, and turn off GR and it works.

#25 OFFLINE   rposly

rposly

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Hey guys,

This is a pretty old thread, but it's an issue that's been plaguing me for a while now.  Disabling Genie Recommendations doesn't do anything, and I have several keyword autorecords in my Series Manager.  Is deleting them really the only way to use the online scheduling feature?  Seems pretty absurd to me.

Any ideas?  Obviously, I'll just call DTV eventually, but wanted to check here first.  Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...