Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New HR34 is not recording scheduled programs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

New HR34 running software release 0x4c9 installed last Wednesday is not recording scheduled programs. They are all in primetime so they are all locals but I don't know if the problem exists on Sat programs or not.

For example Bachelor, House, Hawai Five-0, The Voice and Alcratez were all set to record tomorrow (Monday) night and I just happened to notice on the To Do list that none were listed. On the Series Manager screen they have a zero beside them. I have the recording default set to record all first run programs and these are first run versions of all these programs.

I manually hit record once on each show and the multiple record setting appeared. However none of them are scheduled to record next week even though there are again new versions to record then. Similarto connecting to the TV Apps problem I'm also having it is kinda sporatic because Grey's Anatomy among a few other programs on local sat show up as to be recorded in the To Do list and have a 1 or more beside the program listed in the Series Manager screen along with a few other non-local sat programs too.

I tried setting one of the programs to record on one of my other DVRs and it immediately picked up all shows to be recorded both on the To Do List and the Series Manager.

Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hornmdt

hornmdt

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Called Directv and was excalated to Tech department. I have no idea what they did but it is was fixed within a few hours.

#3 OFFLINE   Defman

Defman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Mine does this too, missed Fringe last Friday and drag racing tonight. I know drag racing was on the To Do list earlier today.

I'll try the call into Tech Support too and see what happens.

#4 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

I set up a few first runs on my new HR34 too and it wants to record repeats for some reason.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#5 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I set up a few first runs on my new HR34 too and it wants to record repeats for some reason.

All of my HRs do that occasionally :lol:
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#6 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

First runs rely on guide data to be accurate. There are known things that can cause you to get repeats (some are intentional). Generally speaking after the DVR builds up 60 days of data it stops unless it's a marathon or bad guide data.

#7 OFFLINE   Defman

Defman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Tech support wasn't much help, but at least they do transfer HR34 owners to who is supposedly their highest level of technicians and give you a direct number to them. That's pretty cool.

Anyhow, like a bad user i had not rebooted my HR34 before calling, I have now done that and it hasn't missed a recording since. I looked in the history and found that the missed recordings were cancelled due to "an unexpected error". DTV is supposed to sent a tech out Sunday (I have no idea why) but if it doesn't miss any recordings between now and then I'll cancel that service call.

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

A lot of times things will record even though they're not showing up in the To Do List. Imagine the program to display the to do list crashes, even though the program that actually does the scheduling is fine.

A reboot is generally the best thing to start with... and let me tell you. Regardless of what anyone at DIRECTV says, no one is going to write you a special patch and send it within four hours. If it seems like things magically get better, it's not because of anything special that they did.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

FWIW, I had a similar issue a while back, and a "reset everything" cured it, though it deleted all the recordings in my playlist.

Short of a "reset everything", I'd try a double reboot to clear the GUIDE data, along with deleting and recreating all the SLs. Re-running "sat setup" will also clear the GUIDE data.
/steve

Protected By... spam firewall...And...