Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Some more Basic HD Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joetex

joetex

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

I have been with Dish continuously since 1999. Have two receivers: a 301 and a 2800. I have one HD set and am thinking about upgrading to HD. I have two dishes and get satellites at 61.5, 110 and 119. I subscribe to AT 200. I would want to swap out the 301 or the 2800 for a new HD receiver obviously. What increase in my monthly charges would I see? Would I be eligible for HD for life? Would my other non HD sets still be able to view what I watch on my HD receiver? I am on paperless and auto pay and live on Long Island.

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Both receivers will need to be switched out at some point. You may want a 222 and an EA dish for 61.5, 72 and 77. The sd tv can be run off tv2 output on the 222. HD for Life would free and not add to your bill. Only additional charge would be difference in charges going from two receivers to one dual tuner receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   joetex

joetex

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks!! Just trying to get a handle on expenses and look for the least costly option of keeping what I have while adding HD to one set.

#4 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

If you go with a 222, your bill will drop by $7 a mo. If you go with a 722, your bill will drop $1 mo ($6 DVR fee).

#5 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'm fairly sure that is the NYC DMA which would mean a switch to a EA dish and Mpeg4 receivers.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#6 OFFLINE   joetex

joetex

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thanks everyone-the responses were really helpful. Always good to know that there is a place to go for advice from the experts!!

spam firewall