Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Compatible MDU over Ethernet Receivers??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Staszek

Staszek

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

So here is my issue, I lived in a single family home with 3 HR21's. I was eventually going to move to the HR34.

Due to a job change I had to move I now live in an apartment building, the building is new and fairly highend when it comes to tech.

It is an MDU setup, they came out and replaced my HR21's with HR20's but they are a specific type that work with MDU over ethernet, not coax.

I want to get an HR34 because I am getting tired of how slow the HR20/21 were, but I dont know what the specific model number (if there is even one) to get the HR34 that will work over ethernet.

Can anyone help me? I would even take an HR24 for now just to get the faster speed.
HR20, 2-HR21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Because of the "hi technology" in your building you're stuck only with an HR20i for now for a DVR. Definitely no HR34 at this time. I had heard (a LONG time ago) they were going to have HR24i's but I guess it never happened.

#3 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,852 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Or put your own dish on balcony to cemented bucket.

#4 OFFLINE   Staszek

Staszek

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Or put your own dish on balcony to cemented bucket.

If I had a balcony lol!!

Oh well thats what I thought, I am stuck in one of the 3 buildings in the area with this "High Tech" setup lol

Good thing I like the place so much or this receiver would really bother me.
HR20, 2-HR21

Protected By... spam firewall...And...