Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Frozen white pixel block in DVI-Out transmission (PLEASE READ)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:07 PM

Hi all -

I just received my 921 today and hooked it up through my DVI cable to my Samsung DLP (50" - HLN507W) DVI input. Everything seems to be fine, albeit one irritating exception:

In the far upper left corner of the broadcast, there is a 2x2 pixel-length white square that remains with any broadcast or channel, HD or SD. For reference, it has the same "look" as a Plasma TV with burnt/frozen pixels. The "white box" is ALMOST 3x3 but in all fairness, the bordering pixels are only half-filled with white giving it a slightly smaller appearance than a true 3x3 box.

Hi. I just got my 921 and Sammy HLN507 both hooked up today, and I noticed the same thing. I was only just starting to experiment to figure out what was responsible, and came to the preliminary conclusion it was the 921. I came here to see if my guess was right before experimenting further. . Glad to know I'm not alone, anyway.

-Chris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Ronald K

Ronald K

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:10 AM

The white dot appears on my Fujitsu p50 plasma but not on the 73" mits or the 17"Samsung.

#23 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:29 PM

The white dot appears on my Fujitsu p50 plasma but not on the 73" mits or the 17"Samsung.

Reportedly fixed with the software downloaded tonight. Can anyone confirm/deny?

#24 OFFLINE   928gt

928gt

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:41 PM

Confirmed, fixed the issue on mine.

#25 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:33 AM

My frozen white pixel has left the building!

#26 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:22 PM

Confirmed here too.

-Chris

#27 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 03:36 AM

Just installed my 921 and completed the L145 download. No white pixels in the image.

However, I'm tuned to the HD demo channel and I have a teal border framing the image. It is about 7 pixels (DLP monitor using DVI). I don't know whether this is a problem with the demo channel or my 921 or the Dwin TV-3. I can easily get rid of it by slightly zooming the image to a 7 pixel overscan throwing the teal border into my flat black aspect ratio masks. Then it's gone for viewing but I wonder if anyone else has this on their monitors that have no overscan. I don't have this on the 6000 but that is in RGBHV mode. I will check out the component out from the 921 later.

I will say the 921 is about the sharpest HDTV image I have yet seen and that includes many of the images I saw at CES this year. I did a brightness, contrast, chroma calibration and the main thing this DVI is doing over component is noise level. With Component there was still a bit of video noise in my picture. With DVI, the solid colors are just 100% clean. Waiting now for Dish to wake up their computers to activate my accounts on the 921.

#28 OFFLINE   rudolpht

rudolpht

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:05 PM

Frozen pixels gone. Thought DVI centering and PQ may have improved at the same time so for the 3rd time I did my DVI to Component test with Pio 50" plasma. Picture remains much better on Component (and I'm sick of changing remotes every time I try swapping for a day or two to check it out).

Tim

Protected By... spam firewall...And...