Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HBO GO Working With Samsung Smart TVs?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Odys

Odys

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

I just saw the following article over on Engadget and while DTV is not listed as supporting HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV's, user comments are indicating that it is indeed working for DTV subscribers. If true, this could be a step to getting other devices finally working with HBO Go. Can anyone here confirm?

http://www.engadget....msung-smart-tv/

Edited by Odys, 17 February 2012 - 08:45 AM.
Forgot to post link.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

I just saw the following article over on Engadget and while DTV is not listed as supporting HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV's, user comments are indicating that it is indeed working for DTV subscribers. If true, this could be a step to getting other devices finally working with HBO Go. Can anyone here confirm?

http://www.engadget....msung-smart-tv/

Yes, it will work with connected tvs
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yes, it will work with connected tvs

Any Chance in the short term run that HBOGo will be available in other platforms for DirecTV subs? Roku and other such venues?
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#4 OFFLINE   Mr_A1

Mr_A1

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

When I activated my samsung tv for HBOGo through http://www.hbogo.com/activate samsung tvs and roku streaming players was listed in the first drop-down box, then DirecTv was listed to sign-in for the activation process. But, it looks like when selecting Roku, DirecTv is not listed for the activation process.

Setup:
HR24-100(CE 0x090B) direct connected from Slimline-3SWM Dish & Ethernet Connected Internet.

Connection: HR24 -HDMI-> Yamaha YSP-3000 -HDMI-> Samsung C7100 3D-LED TV.

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Just used this with my Samsung TV & love it.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

When I activated my samsung tv for HBOGo through http://www.hbogo.com/activate samsung tvs and roku streaming players was listed in the first drop-down box, then DirecTv was listed to sign-in for the activation process. But, it looks like when selecting Roku, DirecTv is not listed for the activation process.

Roku uses a different authentication system for its channels. You usually type in a code a provider's website gives that the box gives you, which is different from standard authentication where you are asked for your DirecTV user name and password.

#7 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Connected. This is a great addition to my entertainment options. Keep 'em coming :)

#8 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Roku uses a different authentication system for its channels. You usually type in a code a provider's website gives that the box gives you, which is different from standard authentication where you are asked for your DirecTV user name and password.

HBO Go is using the same authentication method that is being used for the Samsung TV.

#9 OFFLINE   bigtom

bigtom

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Thoughts on the idea of adding HBOGO and MAXGO apps on DIRECTV HDDVR menus?

Is it possible, benefits?

#10 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thoughts on the idea of adding HBOGO and MAXGO apps on DIRECTV HDDVR menus?

Is it possible, benefits?

I'm not sure what the benefit would be. To use HBOGO or MAXGO I have to subscribe to HBO or Cinemax. If I subscribe than I can just watch the channel on my DVR or download from on Demand.

I find HBOGO and MAXGO very useful when I'm in my apartment in Harrisburg where I don't subscribe to either HBO or Cinemax through Comcast.

#11 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm not sure what the benefit would be. To use HBOGO or MAXGO I have to subscribe to HBO or Cinemax. If I subscribe than I can just watch the channel on my DVR or download from on Demand.

I find HBOGO and MAXGO very useful when I'm in my apartment in Harrisburg where I don't subscribe to either HBO or Cinemax through Comcast.

The short term benefit is access on your big screen to more library content until the VOD library is expanded, which they are doing now. If you don't have a hddvr then the benefits are even greater because they don't have access to the VOD library
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...