Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Networking hd-dvr for whole home

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Arpolis

Arpolis

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hello all. First my setup from the install 2 days ago.

Slimline 5 dish
To swm-16
From swm-16
Swm1/pwr (ch1-8) to hr34
DC/PWR to power inserter
Swm2 (ch 9-16) to 1x4 swm splitter
Swm splitter to two hr22-100 receivers.

Is there a way to change the setup so all receivers share content? With the above setup the two hr22 receivers share and the hr34 is alone.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Arpolis

Arpolis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Just had a brain storm. Possibly run Swm1 from the SWM-16 to the 1x4 and all receivers from that but set one hr22 to single tuner rather than dual. Should only be 8 active tuners on one deca cloud. Think that may work?

#3 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,858 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

I've moved this to the Connected Home forum. It's the proper location.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Just had a brain storm. Possibly run Swm1 from the SWM-16 to the 1x4 and all receivers from that but set one hr22 to single tuner rather than dual. Should only be 8 active tuners on one deca cloud. Think that may work?

You shouldn't need to move everything over to only one SWiM output.
The SWiM-16 has a crossover between the two SWiM sections just for this purpose.
If they can't see each other, check things like their IP addresses, to make sure they're on the same subnet.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   Arpolis

Arpolis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I did not know the swm-16 actually combined the two sets of 8 tuners. Also it may have been good to note that I have a CCK (coax) connected from router to 1x4 & Internet works on all receiver. Which logically supports the cross over function. All IP numbers and sub net are correct lack the last 3 of the IP of coarse. Should I reset all receivers and go through normal T.S. Steps? Or could it be something else?

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,523 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Perhaps your HR34 is not sharing because it isn't configured to share? The installer (and you) should have verified this before you signed off on the installation.

Does your HR34 see one or both of your HR22s?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

I did not know the swm-16 actually combined the two sets of 8 tuners. Also it may have been good to note that I have a CCK (coax) connected from router to 1x4 & Internet works on all receiver. Which logically supports the cross over function. All IP numbers and sub net are correct lack the last 3 of the IP of coarse. Should I reset all receivers and go through normal T.S. Steps? Or could it be something else?

While it doesn't "combine" the two sets of eight tuners [since the SWiM wouldn't work] it does combine the DECAs into one network.
So the CCK is sending out all the right IP/networking stuff from your router, but the HR34 can't be seen from the others?
You do have sharing setup on the HR34, right?
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   Arpolis

Arpolis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

The hr34 can not see either hr22. I had nothing on the hr34 but just started recording something and now that shows up on both hr22s. So they can see the 34 but the 34 can't see the 22s. Yes sharing is set to yes on all receivers.

#9 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

The hr34 can not see either hr22. I had nothing on the hr34 but just started recording something and now that shows up on both hr22s. So they can see the 34 but the 34 can't see the 22s. Yes sharing is set to yes on all receivers.

What does the HR34 show under whole home [in the setup menu]?
It might simply need a reboot if it shows authorized, but if it doesn't, then you'll need to get it reauthorized.
A.K.A VOS

#10 OFFLINE   Arpolis

Arpolis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

It is authorized in the status. I reset via the menu option and will post results when done.

#11 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,699 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

It is authorized in the status. I reset via the menu option and will post results when done.

It does sound now, like it's something simple [glitch].
A.K.A VOS

#12 OFFLINE   Arpolis

Arpolis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Ok
This was simpler than I thought it was. I thought I read somewhere that the hr34 did not share appropriately some how. I rest the 34 and nothing, reset each 22 by red button and it is all working. Thank you all!

spam firewall