Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unsupported > DECA on a already installed SWM16

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Switching from unsupported to "supported" (or all DECA at least).

I want to use a Broadband DECA and connect it to the SWM16.

On my receivers without built-in DECA HR22 and H21 I just need to attach the DECA do I need BSF or are they included with the DECAs (usually) if I do need them?

My big gray hot SWM16 that receives 4 coax from the dish all the ports are blocked off except two that are used for two SWM8(splitters??) Green Label.
Do both of these two SWM8s(splitters??) that come off the SWM16 interconnect? ie. if i have a HR24 on one and a H24 on the other SWM8 would they see each other?

The green label things with 8 ports are just splitters right? if there are two of them off a SWM16 is it still the same network even thought it's two splitters?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,768 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

When you use a white DECA, it blocks the DECA signal from the receiver, so for yours, you don't need to add a BSF. If you have a receiver that doesn't have DECA, then you need to use a BSF.
The SWiM-16 dual outputs are bridged for DECA, so it passes between them.
Green labeled splitters also pass DECA between outputs.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

When you use a white DECA, it blocks the DECA signal from the receiver, so for yours, you don't need to add a BSF. If you have a receiver that doesn't have DECA, then you need to use a BSF.
The SWiM-16 dual outputs are bridged for DECA, so it passes between them.
Green labeled splitters also pass DECA between outputs.

Everything I needed to know thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...