Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Dish 722K user timer question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sparkzz

Sparkzz

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Is there anyway to edit and existing timer to change recording options? It looks like I have to delete the timer and build a new one....did I miss something?

Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

You can edit the timer but it only allows you to change the START and END times, SET THE TIMER AS DEFAULT, PROTECT THE EVENT, RECORDING PREFERENCE - HD or SD, and the MAXIMUM RECORDED EVENTS.

Do make any of these changes, press the DVR button on the remote 2 times. Select the timer you what to change. On the next screen, select the TIMER button and then select OPTIONS.

If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Is there anyway to edit and existing timer to change recording options? It looks like I have to delete the timer and build a new one....did I miss something?

Thanks,

#3 OFFLINE   Sparkzz

Sparkzz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for your help! I *think* I'm on the downhill side of the learning curve. It's been a *slightly frustrating* transition from a 12 year veteran DTV/TiVO user to the Dish 722K.

Now that Charlie and TiVo are playing nice together perhaps more of TiVo's interface will appear in future updates...

spam firewall