Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Enhanced Content???

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 696 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Why don't you guys record everything you watch? Won't that solve the issue as a workaround till TiVo gets off their butts and puts out an update?Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Their won't likely be another update for the THR22 , and DirecTV is the one who authorizes TiVo to do the work if another update is justified enough. DirectTV has always been in charge of the set list. DirecTV will not waste and pay TiVo unnecessary expenses to do a fix on one item, because alpha and beta testers have to test it, which costs time and money. Heck, DirecTV will not fix the power light on the AM21's connected to the HR34 receivers.

The SD DirecTiVo's and the HR10 did not have Enhanced Content like today's IRD's since current HR22's and other HR2x's have hard drives that are partitioned for on demand content, both from ch's 9981 and 1100. Pre-THR22's had TiVo Service Data downloaded at 2am, then Showcases which usually downloaded between 3 and 5am, like you see on current channel 574. Never did my programs get cut-off like today's scenarios..

Why did TiVo use the "old" HR22 hardware? That's what DirecTV gave them to use at the time of the announcement of the proposed Broadband TiVo! Luckily for me the THR22's run faster than the HR22's!

The enhanced content has been an issue for a long time but did not get fixed for a reason, and TiVo was very aware

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   BAMCAT

BAMCAT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

D*, enough all ready!!

That dam tuner grabbing enhanced content has been really annoying for the last few days.

Every time I change tuners, there it is. It even grabbed the tuner that I was watching as the other tuner was recording.

Why Didn't they provide a method for opting out of this. It denies me the full use of my THR22, I should get a rebate from then for the great inconvenience and annoyance it causes me.

D* please provide a menu allowing us the option to not receive this!

• StL_Don likes this

#103 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,922 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

I'd suggest you read or re-read this thread you posted into over two years ago: Others have gotten around the issue. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#104 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,183 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

D*, enough all ready!!

That dam tuner grabbing enhanced content has been really annoying for the last few days.

Every time I change tuners, there it is. It even grabbed the tuner that I was watching as the other tuner was recording.

Why Didn't they provide a method for opting out of this. It denies me the full use of my THR22, I should get a rebate from then for the great inconvenience and annoyance it causes me.

D* please provide a menu allowing us the option to not receive this!

press the RECORD button.  done!

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall