Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pandora Quick Mix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

How do you control what songs and artists are in Pandora Quick Mix? Will upgrading Pandora change programming or sound quality in D*?

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • Locationzanesville ohio

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

when you choose your artists station after you get them all set who you want to hear just click on the quick mix and it will play all the stations that you chose at random, i have the hr34 and we havent gotten the upgrade with the new hd guide or pandora yet.

#3 OFFLINE   noahproblem

noahproblem

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Pandora does not allow you to directly control what songs are played (either in a single artist playlist or QuickMix) - IIRC they agreed to that in order to have rights to stream the music.

You can "thumbs down" or "skip" songs you don't like, so that they will not show up again (you can do this six times an hour per playlist), and you can "thumbs up" songs you like to increase the frequency of hearing that song again, but you can't just "tell" Pandora to play a specific song (this is not exclusive to D*'s Pandora platform - it holds true for any form of listing to Pandora).

Since I subscribed to Pandora One before it became available on D* I can't tell you if sound quality is better.

#4 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Quick Mix is the same as "Shuffle" on the web site. It randomly plays songs from each of your stations. You can configure Quick Mix / Shuffle through the web site by selecting "Shuffle" then opening up the drop menu attached to it. You can choose to shuffle all stations, stations of a certain genre, or "My Shuffle" which brings up check boxes for each station.

Giving a song Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on Quick Mix / Shuffle will affect the song's rating on whatever station is came from. So if you give a song thumbs down, it is banned from the station that spooled it, but it may still play on Quick Mix if another station generates the song.

#5 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Quick Mix is the same as "Shuffle" on the web site. It randomly plays songs from each of your stations. You can configure Quick Mix / Shuffle through the web site by selecting "Shuffle" then opening up the drop menu attached to it. You can choose to shuffle all stations, stations of a certain genre, or "My Shuffle" which brings up check boxes for each station.

Giving a song Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on Quick Mix / Shuffle will affect the song's rating on whatever station is came from. So if you give a song thumbs down, it is banned from the station that spooled it, but it may still play on Quick Mix if another station generates the song.

Thanks! I wondered if Shuffle on the Pandora website would affect DirecTV Pandora. I will give it a try. Have a great day!

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

Protected By... spam firewall...And...