Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How many of you with Directv think Dish is getting better than Directv

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#681 OFFLINE   rfs12307

rfs12307

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I just got Directv with the Genie (HR-34 and 2 C31s) last week, after 3 years with DISH. Picture quality overall average is definitely better with Directv. Also, my household's more frequently-watched networks are AMC, TCM, MSNBC, FX, HBO, HGTV, FOX and NBC.

The recent AMC mess, as well as both MSNBC and TCM not being offered in lower-tiered plans at DISH made the decision easier for me. Why is FOX News included in all plans at DISH, but you have to pay extra for MSNBC? Teabag much, Mr. DISH CEO? Both FOX News and MSNBC are offered in lower-tiered plans at Directv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#682 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Who cares about SD??? Seriously!

What is SD???

I only watch HD because I bought expensive HD TVs so I could watch the Best PQ with HD!!!

Can't stand it when I walk into a Bar or wherever and they still have SD, Unbelievable!!!

All of my HR24s (4 of them) work Fantastically and they are Fast and Responsive and the PQ is AWESOME so I wouldn't even think of Dish as I Love Sports!!!
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#683 OFFLINE   jimcoe

jimcoe

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

I sell and install Dish and DTV. I switched from Dish to DTV in my home a couple of years ago so I could be of more help to my DTV customers. My family was mad at me until I switched back. I had always told people that the only reason to go with DTV was if you had to have the Sunday Ticket. Although I prefer Dish, I must admit it is primarily because it is what I am most experienced with and understand and I believe that is the reason for most people's preferences. Unless you have experienced both for a considerable length of time, I think it is hard to make an unbiased and objective comparison. The main reason I prefer Dish most consumers could care less about. Dish has always treated retailers and installers better. Without going into a lot of detail, DTV has cheated me out of a lot of money in the past. My recomendation to new customers is to go with a local retailer with a good reputation. Choosing a good retailer is much more important than deciding between Dish and DTV in the long run.

spam firewall