Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help! am-21 paired with hr-34 question??

youtube sdl 301

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ladner79

Ladner79

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

I recently became a dtv customer this week...I purchased an am-21 to pair with my hr-34...it was all hooked up tuesday eve...I scanned and added all the extra ota channels...then on Wed am, an update came through to add the new UI and guide to all 4 of my boxes...all my hr-24's (3x) got the new UI and guide but my hr-34 is still stuck on the old UI...

I have tried a reset...also tried to unhook the am-21 from the hr-34 and do another reset...the hr-34 stil doesnt have the new UI...

Help? what are my other options? Of course I called dtv and they are clueless and tech support escalated it to programmers but I got no resolution...my only other thought is to do a factory reset and wipe the box and new ota channels off...my theory is adding the am-21/new added ota channels before the UI update prevented the new UI/guide to switch over...thinking by wiping it down to before I added the am-21, I might be able to get the new UI loaded up then hook the am-21 back up and start the process over again...

I hate to wipe the hr-34 clean as I have a lot of dvr stuff set up already but one of the points of switching back to dtv was for hr-34 and dtv finally has a solid/smooth UI with the new update...

any help would be very much appreciated....thanks!

PS, I have software 0x4c9 which I was told by Dtv is the correct software for new UI/Guide

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   bigtom

bigtom

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

The HD UI has not launched for the HR34. 0x4C9 is the current version for HR34 and is the SD UI(blue)

#3 OFFLINE   MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

While I don't have one myself, I don't believe the HR34 gets the new UI at this time. 0x04C9 appears to be the latest firmware for the HR34. I would assume that at some time in the future it would get the HD UI.
<p>HR44-700 Toshiba 55SV670U | HDMI to Denon AVR-1909| Native On | All Resolutions Selected | DD On | DECA | SWiM | Harmony One | HR24-100 Philips 37PFL5322D/37 | HDMI to TV | Native on | All resolutions Selected | DD Off | DECA | SWiM | Harmony 880 | HR24-100 Sony KDL40V2500| HDMI to TV | Digital Optical Audio out to Yamaha HTR-5490| Native On | All Resolutions selected | DD | DECA | SWiM | Harmony 880

#4 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,289 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

The HR34 does not have the new UI yet :( However the key word is "soon"
My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...