Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Breaking In: Season 2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Season 2 is starting on Fox on March 6th...

I really liked the show, but I didn't Finish Season 1 after they announced it was cut.

I only saw the first 2, and then deleted the rest as I didn't want to get completely hooked on it since it wasn't comming back.

Amazon is offering the first Season (7 episodes) streaming for $17
But that is pretty high I think.

Fox doesn't have them online. Itunes wants over $20

Probably just wait to see if they sell a Season 1-2 DVD Set at the end of this season...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,489 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the update

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

This is the show I've been waiting for the most this year. I just hope Megan Mullally doesn't ruin the show.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'll have to re-add the timer for this. It was a decent show and it is good to see it get a second chance.

#5 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm not real big on watching a second season of a show without seeing the first season; however, some shows are easy to pick up on during a later season than others.

Does anyone think this show is one that will be easy to get into if I start watching season 2 before seeing season 1?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

3 HR24-100s owned
1 AM21 with cheap indoor multidirectional OTA
Slimline 5
WorldDirect
WHDVR with BB DECA

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Does anyone think this show is one that will be easy to get into if I start watching season 2 before seeing season 1?

My crystal ball is in the shop... It's kinda hard to know that without first watching at least the Season 2 opener.

It's not like there's a huge story line to follow.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 ONLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

It's not like there's a huge story line to follow.

But there has been some character development. I hate not watching from the beginning.

#8 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

But there has been some character development. I hate not watching from the beginning.

But you are only talking about 7 episodes worth.

I watched the first 2, and there was marginal Development in those two.

And then of course there are going to be at least two new characters, and some of the characters developed leaving.

Most likely they will spend a some of the time, re-establishing the characters.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

But you are only talking about 7 episodes worth.

I watched the first 2, and there was marginal Development in those two.

And then of course there are going to be at least two new characters, and some of the characters developed leaving.

Most likely they will spend a some of the time, re-establishing the characters.

Thank you. I'll check it out. :)
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

3 HR24-100s owned
1 AM21 with cheap indoor multidirectional OTA
Slimline 5
WorldDirect
WHDVR with BB DECA

#10 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

This is the show I've been waiting for the most this year. I just hope Megan Mullally doesn't ruin the show.

I am concerned with the loss of Josh (Trevor Moore) and Dutch (Michael Rosenbaum) as well as Odette Annable being credited as a 'guest star'. Either way I am happy the show will be back and will enjoy it while it lasts.

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I am concerned with the loss of Josh (Trevor Moore) and Dutch (Michael Rosenbaum) as well as Odette Annable being credited as a 'guest star'. Either way I am happy the show will be back and will enjoy it while it lasts.

I won't miss Dutch, Josh maybe. As far as Odette she can't be on 2 shows full time. She may look like a goddess but she's only a mere mortal.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#12 OFFLINE   anubys

anubys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

I won't miss Dutch, Josh maybe. As far as Odette she can't be on 2 shows full time. She may look like a goddess but she's only a mere mortal.

I agree that Dutch was stupid. But I did see a promo that upset me (don't want to put spoilers). I really liked the show and am looking forward to it, I hope the changes are done well but I am a little worried!
DVR Equipment:
1 HR20-100
2 HR21-100 (each upgraded to 1 TB)
2 HR22-100 (each upgraded to 1 TB)
AM21 hooked up to one HR21

#13 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Loved the opening with Slater sort of breaking the 4th wall with this "Greetings and salutation. SO happy to see you finally came to your senses and gave us another shot" He was talking to a new client named Mr. FOX.

#14 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Loved the opening with Slater sort of breaking the 4th wall with this "Greetings and salutation. SO happy to see you finally came to your senses and gave us another shot" He was talking to a new client named Mr. FOX.

That was the best part of the episode in my opinion. I already don't like Megan Mullaly's character. Maybe because it's the same character she always plays.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

That was the best part of the episode in my opinion. I already don't like Megan Mullaly's character. Maybe because it's the same character she always plays.

I had the same reaction as the Contra staff when they discovered that was her real personality, and not an act. Oh well.

I am happy with what they did with Dutch. :)

#16 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I had the same reaction as the Contra staff when they discovered that was her real personality, and not an act. Oh well.

Same here. I'm definitely not digging Megan's character, but I've never really liked any of her characters.

I'm glad he's gone.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

I missed that. What did they do with Dutch?

I liked Dutch he did not have much camera time but when he was on I though it was funny because he was so stupid.

Loved the scene from last season where Dutch had gone green because he watched a movie on how we are killing the planet with global warming. He was asked if he saw an inconvenient truth and he responded no Waterworld where Kevin Costner plays some fish dude. . So Dutch trades in his gas guzzler for a Prius, then took out all the electric crap and dropped in a big ass engine.

#18 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

I missed that. What did they do with Dutch?

Put him in jail for selling clean pee to airline pilots, IIRC.

#19 OFFLINE   nn8l

nn8l

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

The season premiere made me wonder why I missed it. I hope it gets better.

#20 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I still like the show but it's definitely not as good as season one. I personally miss Dutch and Josh, I don't mind the Megan's assistant. Megan's character sucks though, I dont' think it's her personally though since I like her on both Party Down and Parks and Recreation.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...