Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Incorrect time left when playing a recording

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:31 AM

When playing back a recording, if I use the "View TV" button, the banner that appears includes the "Time Left" item. However, the time left is usually incorrect. I can't even figure out what it actually represents, but it certainly isn't the time remaining for the recording in most instances. If you hit the pause button while watching a recording, the display gives the correct time remaining.

Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F051
SW Version: L142HECD-N

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:55 AM

Hi Jerry
The view button does not work correctly for me, it does not jump forward to "live" like the 5xx. Do you have this problem too?

#3 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:30 PM

Hi Jerry
The view button does not work correctly for me, it does not jump forward to "live" like the 5xx. Do you have this problem too?

I've never used a 5xx, so I'm not familiar with that behavior. When I'm watching a recorded program and hit the view button, I'd expect it to give me information on what I'm watching, and it seems to do that, except for the incorrect time left. So, it seems like normal behavior to me.

#4 OFFLINE   Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:28 PM

FYI, on the 5xx when you paused or skipped back so that the image was no longer in real time, you could push the View button and it would jump back to real time. It also displayed the Program Banner, as the 921 does now.

I just dug out the 921, 501 and 510 manuals, and they did not mention this feature. I guess I can't call it a bug if it is not officially supported. It is a handy feature tho.

#5 OFFLINE   Cheezmo

Cheezmo

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

With L149, I just noticed that while viewing a show delayed, while it is recording. The "View TV" banner at the top reports "Time left: 0:00".

The show is still recording and I'm watching it about 40 minutes delayed.

spam firewall