Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

GCB Premieres Sunday March 4th

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

Promos look pretty funny. Looks like a good replacement for Desperate Housewives. It's good to see Annie Potts again, I haven't seen her on the tube in a long time.

ps - it's really annoying to go to ABC.com and have to sit through a 30 second commercial just to watch a 30 second promo.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,166 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

I've got it set to record. I still crack up at the promos, even though I've seen them over and over. I especially love her racking the shotgun and saying "Not a damn thing"!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,207 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

I guess I'll bite: What do the initials GCB stand for?
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,207 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I found it. :D
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,806 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well if you go by what the author called the book it's "Good Christian Bitches". If you go by what ABC wanted to call the show it's "Good Christian Belles". I guess they found a compromise in "GCB".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,207 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well if you go by what the author called the book it's "Good Christian Bitches". If you go by what ABC wanted to call the show it's "Good Christian Belles". I guess they found a compromise in "GCB".

Interesting that ABC is now touting the former on their web page, and completely ignoring the latter.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#7 OFFLINE   jacksonm30354

jacksonm30354

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

Before I moved back from Sydney, 7 Network there was running promos with the original "Good Christian Bitches". They're proud not to be so PC /easily offended down under :-)

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,806 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Before I moved back from Sydney, 7 Network there was running promos with the original "Good Christian Bitches". They're proud not to be so PC /easily offended down under :-)

What I think is funny is there are ABC shows that use the word "Bitch" all the time yet they don't want to use it in the title of a show? geez...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

What I think is funny is there are ABC shows that use the word "Bitch" all the time yet they don't want to use it in the title of a show? geez...

I guess using it up front is too controversial/offending. I saw one of the promos where they touted it was based on the book and they showed the book cover. The last word of the title was fuzzed out though. :lol:

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,806 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I guess using it up front is too controversial/offending. I saw one of the promos where they touted it was based on the book and they showed the book cover. The last word of the title was fuzzed out though. :lol:

- Merg

Hah, nice... Our society is getting too watered down for me.

They are doing the same type stuff for their other upcoming show "Don't trust the bitch in Apartment 23".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall