Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ATTN House/Alcatraz fans Daytona 500 now set for 7 p.m. start 2/27/2012

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

I have never been a fan of this cross-country zig zag and believe some place like Texas or Kansas should be scheduled between a race in some place like Florida and Phoenix.

Used to be. Up until 2005 they went from Daytona to Rockingham. That was easy as it was just an hour or two from most shops. The big teams already had their Phoenix cars loaded up and were going to leave on schedule no matter when the 500 was run. The smaller teams don't have multiple haulers and can't do that.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Used to be. Up until 2005 they went from Daytona to Rockingham. That was easy as it was just an hour or two from most shops. The big teams already had their Phoenix cars loaded up and were going to leave on schedule no matter when the 500 was run. The smaller teams don't have multiple haulers and can't do that.

and that is why I believe Texas or Kansas should be slid in between Daytona and Phoenix and Phoenix and Homestead.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#83 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

and that is why I believe Texas or Kansas should be slid in between Daytona and Phoenix and Phoenix and Homestead.

Putting Texas or Kansas between Daytona and Phoenix would actually be more travel.

Current way:
1. Pack up from Daytona, head to Charlotte.
2. Leave Charlotte for Phoenix.
3. Race
4. Leave Phoenix for Charlotte.

Your way:
2. Leave Charlotte for Texas/Kansas.
3. Race
4. Leave Texas/Kansas for Charlotte.
5. Leave Charlotte for Phoenix.

And if your team is rich enough for 2 haulers and 4 drivers:
2. Hauler 1 leaves Charlotte for Texas/Kansas.
3. Race.
4. Hauler 2 leaves Charlotte for Phoenix.
5. Hauler 1 goes back to Charlotte from Texas/Kansas.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#84 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Putting Texas or Kansas between Daytona and Phoenix would actually be more travel.

Current way:
3. Race

Your way:
3. Race

And if your team is rich enough for 2 haulers and 4 drivers:
2. Hauler 1 leaves Charlotte for Texas/Kansas.
3. Race.
4. Hauler 2 leaves Charlotte for Phoenix.
5. Hauler 1 goes back to Charlotte from Texas/Kansas.

Actually, using the exact scenario mentioned in your quote, my way has a savings of 100 miles but you also forgot to send the team from Charlotte to Texas so the savings continue to grow.

Moving Texas to Race 2 between Daytona and Phoenix would save 1000 miles. Also smaller teams may not need to head back to Charlotte in between these races and just able to move on to Phoenix and Las Vegas saving them considerably more travel time.

Again, I am not talking about rich teams who have multiple haulers and drivers but rather the smaller teams who do not have the finances to be able and afford these luxuries.

Edited by fluffybear, 01 March 2012 - 04:12 PM.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#85 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

You forgot a step on your way:
5. leave Charlotte for Texas or Kansas

Umm, no I didn't. It's #2 under "Your way" and #2 under the 2 hauler 4 driver option too.

Actually moving Texas to Race 2 between Daytona and Phoenix would save 1000 miles. Also smaller teams may not need to head back to Charlotte in between races and just able to move on to Phoenix and Las Vegas saving them considerably more travel time.

No, it wouldn't save anything. You don't use the same car at Phoenix that you do at Texas or Kansas. You'd have to go back to Charlotte or meet a second hauler to get your Phoenix cars. You could go from California to Vegas, if you didn't wreck either car, but not between Phoenix and either of those.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#86 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Umm, no I didn't. It's #2 under "Your way" and #2 under the 2 hauler 4 driver option too.

No, it wouldn't save anything. You don't use the same car at Phoenix that you do at Texas or Kansas. You'd have to go back to Charlotte or meet a second hauler to get your Phoenix cars. You could go from California to Vegas, if you didn't wreck either car, but not between Phoenix and either of those.

I thought we were discussing smaller teams without multiple haulers and drivers?

As I pointed out, my scenario is 100 miles less than the current system you listed and includes 3 tracks while yours only takes in 2.. I can not see how that is not a savings. Smaller teams who had to go back to Charlotte in between races would save over 1000 miles if Texas were put in between Daytona and Phoenix and Phoenix and Miami.

Even meeting a hauler in Texas at race 2 to get your Phoenix car makes a ton more sense then going all the way to Phoenix for race 2.

Edited by fluffybear, 01 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#87 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I thought we were discussing smaller teams without multiple haulers and drivers?

I was talking about all teams. I gave scenarios for teams with one hauler and teams with more than one hauler.

As I pointed out, my scenario is 100 miles less than the current system you listed and includes 3 tracks while yours only takes in 2.. I can not see how that is not a savings. Smaller teams who had to go back to Charlotte in between races would save over 1000 miles if Texas were put in between Daytona and Phoenix and Phoenix and Miami.

Even meeting a hauler in Texas at race 2 to get your Phoenix car makes a ton more sense then going all the way to Phoenix for race 2.

Your scenario isn't less at all. It's still the same amount of distance because you HAVE to come back to get your Phoenix cars. Texas cars and Phoenix cars are not the same.

What you're saying would be the same as saying a ton of feathers weighs less than a ton of bricks.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#88 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I was talking about all teams. I gave scenarios for teams with one hauler and teams with more than one hauler.

Your scenario isn't less at all. It's still the same amount of distance because you HAVE to come back to get your Phoenix cars. Texas cars and Phoenix cars are not the same.

My Scenario which did include sending teams rom dayrtona to Charlotte & then back Charlotte after Texas to get their Phoenix cars and then proceed to Phoenix is 4500 miles.

Your current scenario which only takes drivers to from Daytona to Charlotte to Phoenix and Back to Charlotte is 4600 miles.

I am at the 3rd track under my system (which included a trip to Charlotte between each race) while you just pulled back into Charlotte after your 2nd

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#89 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

My Scenario which did include sending teams rom dayrtona to Charlotte & then back Charlotte after Texas to get their Phoenix cars and then proceed to Phoenix is 4500 miles.

Your current scenario which only takes drivers to from Daytona to Charlotte to Phoenix and Back to Charlotte is 4600 miles.

I am at the 3rd track under my system (which included a trip to Charlotte between each race) while you just pulled back into Charlotte after your 2nd

You may want to go back and read my initial post, you got confused along the way.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#90 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Current way:
3. Race

Your way:
3. Race

Your current way: 4600 miles vs my way 4500 miles
Your current way: race at 2 tracks vs my way of race at 3 tracks

You may want to go back and read my initial post, you got confused along the way.

I did? I'm sorry but if anyone here is confused it sure isn't me..

Did you happen to forget that the Texas track is 1000 miles closer to Charlotte than Phoenix is?

So my trip to texas & back is equal to your one trip out to Phoenix. I then proceed to Phoenix while you are on your way back from there.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#91 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

I then proceed to Phoenix while you are on your way back from there.

Again, and this is where you are lost, you can't proceed to Phoenix. You have to return to Charlotte to get your Phoenix cars!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#92 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Again, and this is where you are lost, you can't proceed to Phoenix. You have to return to Charlotte to get your Phoenix cars!

This is where you seem to be lost. I have taken that into consideration. Under my scenario which you outlined in your post sends the teams home after Texas to get cars for Phoenix (it does not send the teams directly on to Phoenix from Texas).

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#93 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

This is where you seem to be lost.

I'm not the one who is lost.

I have taken that into consideration.

No, you haven't. You said "proceed to Phoenix". Again, for the last time, you cannot proceed to Phoenix! You MUST return to Charlotte from Texas to pick up your cars for Phoenix! Not sure how many times or how many ways that can be said before it sinks in.

Under my scenario which you outlined in your post sends the teams home after Texas to get cars for Phoenix (it does not send the teams directly on to Phoenix from Texas).

Yet you say "proceed to Phoenix". It's one or the other dude.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#94 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

No, you haven't. You said "proceed to Phoenix". Again, for the last time, you cannot proceed to Phoenix! You MUST return to Charlotte from Texas to pick up your cars for Phoenix! Not sure how many times or how many ways that can be said before it sinks in.

Yet you say "proceed to Phoenix". It's one or the other dude.

And how many times must I say that I took that into consideration. I believe I have stated in at least the last 5 or 6 posts that my scenario going back to Charlotte to pick up cars for Phoenix after Texas is still a smarter idea and savings than immediately going out to Phoenix.

Go back to your original post where you outlined the scenarios. Now go log into Google Maps and enter exactly what you typed for both scenarios and maybe then you will actually understand it.

BTW, I seem to recall it being mentioned on more than one occasion that several start and park teams have used the same car at a number of tracks including Texas and Phoenix.

Edited by fluffybear, 01 March 2012 - 06:54 PM.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#95 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

And how many times must I say that I took that into consideration. I believe I have stated in at least the last 5 or 6 posts that my scenario going back to Charlotte to pick up cars for Phoenix after Texas is still a smarter idea and savings than immediately going out to Phoenix.

You're also saying "proceed to Phoenix".... You can't have both.

NASCAR knows what they are doing. I'm done.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#96 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Actually teams would probably use smaller 5th wheel trailers to bring the Phoenix cars to meet the main hauler. Similar to what show cars ride around in but they hold 2 cars.

#97 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Current way:
3. Race

Your way:
3. Race

This is where you seem to be lost. I have taken that into consideration. Under my scenario which you outlined in your post sends the teams home after Texas to get cars for Phoenix (it does not send the teams directly on to Phoenix from Texas).

Yes You are!

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#98 ONLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

You're also saying "proceed to Phoenix".... You can't have both.

NASCAR knows what they are doing. I'm done.

It was pretty clear what I said, you go back to charlotte after Texas to get yours cars for Phoenix. Of course one would proceed to Phoenix after picking up their cars..

I did not say you proceed directly to Phoenix from Texas. I said some very small teams (teams with one or two cars in their stables) could do that & it has been done in the past.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#99 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

They've got Alcatraz sorted out.

Episode 9 - The Ames Brother is on at 8pm 3/5
Episode 10 - Sonny Burnett is on at 9pm 3/5
Episode 8 - Clarence Montgomery is on at 9pm 3/12
37" Olevia LT37HVS HDTV with HR21-100 connected with HDMI and HR20-700 connected with Component
And
37" Hannspree Nara HDTV with HR21-100 connected with Component

spam firewall