Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting Audio Problem on a Palladia Recording

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I was watching the Jeff Back Live at Ronnie Scott's that I recorded sometime back. DD5.1 sounded okay until Imogene Heap came on stage. Beck walked over to the left side (my right) of the stage and picked up a mike and started talking. Thought it sounded weird. He handed it to Imogene and when she started singing her voice came from the back on the left side of my room. I put my BD copy in the Panny 210. No matter which audio I selected ol' Imogene was coming from center stage. I had a problem getting a good recording of Journey not long ago as well. No fix for this one except to delete it as I did Journey. I recorded Beck because I'm old and too lazy to get up and put the BD in the Panny. :lol:
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,727 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Had similar issues with that same program. More like loss of left side channel fullness in some of the tracks. But since I have that program now on BlueRay, std DVD (for here in my office), and CD for commuting, my DVD recording from Paladia is now a coaster.

Have you heard his Rock and Roll Party Honoring Les Paul? Just brilliant!

Don "now if they would just play Al Di Meola's Morocco Fantasia" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#3 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

No, I haven't heard that one. But I will Wed when it gets here. :lol: Just ordered it from Amazon based on your comment. Thanks.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...