Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can I transfer info from one 722k to another?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lsokoloff

lsokoloff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm getting a replacement 722k today. I thought I read somewhere that I could transfer things like scheduled recordings and guides from one 722k to another using the remote. I know I can't transfer already recorded programs without using an external hard drive, but I thought the other info could be transferred. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Called DISH today and they said it couldn't be done. Tried to do a search and also checked the user's manual and couldn't find what I was looking for. Did I just dream that?

Thanks.

Len

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Press and hold the "0" on the remote, which will take you to the Setup Wizard screen. If the remote hasn't been paired to the receiver, you'll need to do that first. You'll be able to save your settings from your receiver, remote, or both. Follow the screen instructions to complete the backup. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm getting a replacement 722k today. I thought I read somewhere that I could transfer things like scheduled recordings and guides from one 722k to another using the remote. I know I can't transfer already recorded programs without using an external hard drive, but I thought the other info could be transferred. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Called DISH today and they said it couldn't be done. Tried to do a search and also checked the user's manual and couldn't find what I was looking for. Did I just dream that?

Thanks.

Len

#3 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,392 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

When I had Dish, I had a 722k and while I could back up the timers and such to the remote, not even once would it restore from the remote back to the 722k. Didn't matter if it was set for RF or IR, no restore was the way it worked consistently.

And reading in many other places, 'flakey' is a good term to use when describing the process, imo.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#4 OFFLINE   lsokoloff

lsokoloff

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I was able to back things up mostly. The favorites list did not back up, so I had to redo them. The scheduled timers sort of backed up. The satellite timers backed up, but the over the air broadcasts did not. However, I had not scanned for over the air broadcasts at the time. So after I scanned them, it still didn't seem to back them up, so I started to enter them manually. Then I find out that the guide only downloaded two days worth of programming even though I went through the process twice. A little frustrated, I thought that I'd check in the morning to see if maybe I had to wait until after the 3AM update for everything to work. That was exactly the case. All of my timers and scheduled recordings for both over the air and satellite broadcasts showed up. So if I had to do it again, I'd wait for an overnight update before spending too much time setting things up. I still don't think the favoties can be saved though.

Len

#5 OFFLINE   drewski11

drewski11

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Is backing up settings to the remote automatic or something that I need to manually do?

My 722k is dead and a new one is on the way from Dish. I'd like to restore my timers, if possible, but didn't do anything proactively to save settings to the remote.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...