Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sound cutting out

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the sound cuts out at random points for maybe a second. I hear this on both the home and car receivers. I am listening to XM76.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the sound cuts out at random points for maybe a second. I hear this on both the home and car receivers. I am listening to XM76.

When I had satellite radio this was back when XM and Sirius were 2 different companies.

Anyway when I drove on a road lined with big trees the signal would become lost and the audio would drop at that point.

At home if I had the aerial in the wrong place the sound/signal did the same thing.

So the above might be why you are experiencing this.

I do not miss those days.

#3 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

I listen to XM mostly in my car and have not experienced that. I'm in the Chicago area.

#4 OFFLINE   vaderx

vaderx

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

My xm in my vehicle is doing the same thing for about 2 weeks now. I thought the antenna was going bad. I bought a new one but haven't installed it yet.

#5 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Since it is happening on both the home and car receivers, not antenna related.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#6 OFFLINE   killerko

killerko

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

Currently visiting son's condo in Tampa & noticed the same thing. Using an XM plug & play & thought that the signal was dropping. Not so. No satellite signal but terrestrial is pegged. No problems in car.

#7 OFFLINE   celt4

celt4

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I live in western IL and have this problem with both cars and home receivers with my Delphi SkyFi2. I have not had this problem previously, so do not think it is an equipment problem. Probably need to contact Sirius/XM for an explanation. :(

Protected By... spam firewall...And...