Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

THR22 30 second skip working...

s238

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

After reading up and planning to get one anyway we (with a bunch of "customer service" problems) got ours installed and we love it. Despite not expecting the 30 second skip to work I did the sps30s code and noted that it was still in slip mode. A couple of days later my wife noticed it working. This is a stock thr22 that did the update the day of the install. Hooked up to phone and internet. I'm happy but puzzled and will not be fiddling with it until we have a power blip. YMMV & happy Tivo-ing.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

After reading up and planning to get one anyway we (with a bunch of "customer service" problems) got ours installed and we love it. Despite not expecting the 30 second skip to work I did the sps30s code and noted that it was still in slip mode. A couple of days later my wife noticed it working. This is a stock thr22 that did the update the day of the install. Hooked up to phone and internet. I'm happy but puzzled and will not be fiddling with it until we have a power blip. YMMV & happy Tivo-ing.

You are kidding, right? :grin:

You've used the right words, but just to be clear, you say:

- You did the Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select code
- A couple of days later, the forward button immediately jumps ahead 30 seconds instead of taking a second or so to speedily wind you through the 30 seconds

??

Please confirm this seemingly unusual phenomenon!

#3 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I did the sps30s code

Just out of curiosity: did it give you three "bings" after you did the code?

#4 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

You are kidding, right? :grin:

You've used the right words, but just to be clear, you say:

- You did the Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select code
- A couple of days later, the forward button immediately jumps ahead 30 seconds instead of taking a second or so to speedily wind you through the 30 seconds

??

Please confirm this seemingly unusual phenomenon!

You restated what happened correctly. Confirmed.

#5 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Just out of curiosity: did it give you three "bings" after you did the code?

Yes I got the three bings.

#6 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

You restated what happened correctly. Confirmed.

Perhaps you can further tease us all by telling us what it says in your settings about the software version you have?

:D

(I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I do feel like trying this when I get home! I don't think I even got the three "bings" when I tried it originally, but hey....)

#7 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Perhaps you can further tease us all by telling us what it says in your settings about the software version you have?

:D

(I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I do feel like trying this when I get home! I don't think I even got the three "bings" when I tried it originally, but hey....)

Version 018A
id 11.2.3-01-1-627

After the initial update after install and activation I selected a recorded program and tried the code. I received the three bings and tested (as I had read up before) I had a 30 second slip. My wife told me I was nuts in that we did not have the slip but the skip. She demonstrated and our old friend was back. I do this not to tease but hopefully to inform. There is no way it can only work for us.

#8 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,838 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Post a video.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   frankygamer

frankygamer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I just confirmed this on my THR22-100. I'm using the remote in RF mode. I can't get it to change back to "skip to hash" though lol.

#10 OFFLINE   frankygamer

frankygamer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I just confirmed this on my THR22-100. I'm using the remote in RF mode. I can't get it to change back to though lol.

Now every time i hit jump, it jumps 30 seconds on screen. My took effect immediately. I did enter the code several times and didn't get the bings but I was on a 5.1 channel so bings don't always work.

Great find.

Update: Second unit hasn't taken the code. Wondering if my first unit was already enabled from playing around with codes when I first got it.

Edited by frankygamer, 03 March 2012 - 05:56 AM.
Update for info on 2nd THR22

#11 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Post a video.

youtu.be/PNWSruwtJNg

sorry for the crying baby

#12 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,838 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

youtu.be/PNWSruwtJNg

sorry for the crying baby

Awesome news!
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#13 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Awesome news!

Arg.

Let's please have more people try and confirm this. I see the same software version, but when I do Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select, I don't get three bings and I still have slip, not skip.

Maybe it'll take effect tomorrow.

:)

#14 OFFLINE   frankygamer

frankygamer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

My second unit is a no go so far on 30 second skip.

#15 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Version 018A
id 11.2.3-01-1-627

After the initial update after install and activation I selected a recorded program and tried the code. I received the three bings and tested (as I had read up before) I had a 30 second slip. My wife told me I was nuts in that we did not have the slip but the skip. She demonstrated and our old friend was back. I do this not to tease but hopefully to inform. There is no way it can only work for us.

The bold above may be key. If I recall correctly, being in a recording was necessary on my old SAT-T60 DirecTivo.
DogLover

My Setup

#16 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

The bold above may be key. If I recall correctly, being in a recording was necessary on my old SAT-T60 DirecTivo.

Yup nursed that baby along for 10 years. It's still our backup. 2 power supplies and about 4 drives. It's what we learned on so it's what we go to.

#17 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

It has to be done in a recording. If you try to do it on live TV the 30 will make it change channels.

With that said, still doesn't work for me.

#18 OFFLINE   elmofongo

elmofongo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Does not work for me even during a pre-recorded program.
My system is 018A
Why do you guys mean by remote in RF mode? (pardon my ignorance)

#19 OFFLINE   bldxyz

bldxyz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

So I'm losing track:

• How many people have 30 second skip working?
  • How many have recently tried S-P-S-3-0-S (while watching a recorded program), and have it not work?

#20 OFFLINE   elmofongo

elmofongo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

So I'm losing track:

• How many people have 30 second skip working?
  • How many have recently tried S-P-S-3-0-S (while watching a recorded program), and have it not work?

Tried it as suggested, not working.

Version 018A
id 11.2.3-01-3-627

spam firewall